Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 25, 2009, 1:24 AM   #1

Default Action HD GVS missing lens cover

After reading this forum, I bought an Aiptek Action HD GVS from bhphotovideo.com and received it 2 days ago. According to bhphotovideo.com and http://www.aiptek.com/GVS/CONTENTS/, the package contents include a Lens Cover. But there is no Lens Cover in my package. I contacted B & H for the missing Lens Cover, but B & H asked me to email or call Aiptek directly. I already emailed Aiptek and am waiting for an answer. My FW is 2302. Does Aiptek Action HD GVS include a Lens Cover? Thanks!

Fortune
goodfortune is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 25, 2009, 4:25 AM   #2

I purchased an Aiptek GVS from Amazon and it DID came with a lens cover and a small tripod. Mind you, the lens cover has a little string, but after looking all over the camera, I have no idea where to attach the lens cover string to ;-)

subc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2009, 5:54 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodfortune View Post
After reading this forum, I bought an Aiptek Action HD GVS from bhphotovideo.com and received it 2 days ago. According to bhphotovideo.com and http://www.aiptek.com/GVS/CONTENTS/, the package contents include a Lens Cover. But there is no Lens Cover in my package. I contacted B & H for the missing Lens Cover, but B & H asked me to email or call Aiptek directly. I already emailed Aiptek and am waiting for an answer. My FW is 2302. Does Aiptek Action HD GVS include a Lens Cover? Thanks!

Fortune
Welcome Aboard goodfortune....

The Questions are:

1. what type of box was shipped to you the shipping box, and what type of tape?

2. was it a Aiptek shipping box, with Aiptek tape, words Aiptek around all edges?

3. the container box how was it recieved, was it recieved with any type of seal?

4. was the shape of the seal orginal a Circle, if any other please describe

5. did it look like it was tampered with?

6. If you do not get satisfaction, I say dispute your creditcard.

This was not the first time i read this here about B&H photo located in the Big Apple, I been inside, and they laughed like Hell when I pulled out the Aiptek camcorder, while I was viewing the Optio by pentex, Oldhacer gave advice on, along time ago.

The lens is 27mm, and can be purchased seperaly if needed. 5.00

i send them a note saying I want at lest $5.00 refunded to them.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2009, 10:38 AM   #4

Thank you, Subc and Fishycomics.

For Fishycomics' questions:

The shipping box has a mark of UPS and taped with B & H' masking tape. The tape is still good, so I believe the shipping box is not tampered.

The container box is an original Aiptek Action HD GVS's paper box with a plastic window and sealed with a clear circle tape. All the contents are sealed inside a clear plastic package. I had to carefully cut it open to take all the contents out. So I think that Aiptek didn't put an Lens Cover inside.

I live in Canada, so B & H is the only store I found that will ship products to Canada. I am disappointed that B & H didn't give me an answer.

The email I sent to Aiptek <[email protected]> got a Connection refused's problem. I wonder what is the correct Aiptek's email to send the complaint?

Thanks, Fishycomics.
Old May 25, 2009, 11:47 AM   #5

Goodfortune, I was able to get the company to answer for you, this is what they had to say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7F_C06NyBg
Old May 25, 2009, 12:02 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Goodfortune, I was able to get the company to answer for you, this is what they had to say:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7F_C06NyBg
Fishy,
Your link gets me to SUSAN BOYLE SEMI FINAL PERFORMANCE and a lot of other videos, but not someting about Aiptek or B&H? And changed to different videos everytime. On the top says this video is unavailable.

Last edited by goodfortune; May 25, 2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old May 25, 2009, 12:08 PM   #7

the video is not yet proccessed why it is taking so long or redirecting. trust me you'll die laughing.
Old May 25, 2009, 12:43 PM   #8

Quote:
the video is not yet proccessed why it is taking so long or redirecting. trust me you'll die laughing.
Fishy,
I got your video. Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions in such an interesting way. English is not my native language, so that's why I usually use email instead of phone. I'll try aiptek.com as you said.
Old May 25, 2009, 1:14 PM   #9

thoughtI said it in a way, Aiptek does not cater to canada. you are best to place dispute with your creditcard, and have b&Hphoto contact you with the part.
Old May 25, 2009, 1:43 PM   #10

Quote:
thoughtI said it in a way, Aiptek does not cater to canada. you are best to place dispute with your creditcard, and have b&Hphoto contact you with the part.
I didn't think of that. Because B&H's website clearly indicates that the item includes a Lens Cover. I think B&H should be responsible for that. I already emailed B&H again. Thank you.

Last edited by goodfortune; May 25, 2009 at 1:53 PM.