Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 15, 2009, 8:19 PM   #11

I just bought this model because I was looking for something that takes video better than my digital camera, but not too expensive. I set it at 720p and I thought the pictures came out pretty good. However, I had a problem that I am wondering if it is just this camera, or all camcorders. I spent time in my surrounding setting the menu, for stabilization, night, adjusted the EV and the WB. Then I waited for my subject to come. My camera went off after a period of time and my settings were not saved. I had to do them all over. Then after I shot some video I turned it off to conserve my battery and when I turned it on again, same thing, the settings went back to default. That was when I realized there was something strange about this camera. With my digital this does not happen.
Coolgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2009, 3:27 AM   #12

Most hybrids will go back, not be saved.
As i own quite a few, I find some settings ar now being saved,

There are some settings that will be saved, but not all. just some.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 10:50 PM   #13

I have to agree with adalfa, that jittery video looks like a defect. Even when I have shot video while walking (the worst thing you can do with these type of cameras), my video hasn't been as jittery as that.

Anyone know why all these camcorders only seem top have image stabilization in the 720p and lower modes and even then not all of those?
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2010, 10:19 AM   #14

Completely frustrated with this camera. I only use the 720p HD because the 1080p doesn't work at all. But, my biggest frustration is that there isn't a video editing program out there which can even open the videos from this camera.

I've tried Adobe Premier, Sony Vegas, Cyberlink, and even the ridiculous software that COMES WITH THE CAMERA! Nothing will touch these AVI files. They must be some proprietary codec which they forgot to make available on actual computers.

I've seen a few videos on YouTube claiming to be from this camera, but I want to know what editor is being used. The whole reason I got the DVR 840XHD was to make better YouTube videos.
MrSkeptical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2010, 11:17 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSkeptical View Post
Completely frustrated with this camera. I only use the 720p HD because the 1080p doesn't work at all. But, my biggest frustration is that there isn't a video editing program out there which can even open the videos from this camera.

I've tried Adobe Premier, Sony Vegas, Cyberlink, and even the ridiculous software that COMES WITH THE CAMERA! Nothing will touch these AVI files. They must be some proprietary codec which they forgot to make available on actual computers.

I've seen a few videos on YouTube claiming to be from this camera, but I want to know what editor is being used. The whole reason I got the DVR 840XHD was to make better YouTube videos.

mediafire, orrapidshare. Please give me sample video of hd1080P, and 720P

and I'll tell you what you need in software of what I have, be4 i jump to a conclusion

what exactly was the software of the cam and disk what does it contain????
Old Feb 25, 2010, 3:25 PM   #16

http://rapidshare.com/files/355815791/Demo_Video.AVI

That's the RapidShare link. I also uploaded the same video to The Pirate Bay because videos can only be downloaded 10 times before they're deleted on RapidShare. That link is here.

This video sample is 720p.

Last edited by MrSkeptical; Feb 25, 2010 at 3:29 PM.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 3:56 PM   #17

Quote:

Did you not say you wanted to get the hd1080P up and running with a proper Editor? And you supplied only a hd720P?

And what was the program that came with the suppled camcorder, and other info on the disk.

I do not own every cam LOL.
thank you will repost when I edit what you supplied?
Old Feb 25, 2010, 4:14 PM   #18

the simplist program of editor works and probably given with the cam called Arcsoft total media impressions, and the supplied disk as well contains the program to load called ffdshow. ffdshow arecodecs that are required for the avi to work

most plug n play and toss the disks to the side.

you have to load the driver and that will load ffdshow up, it can be hidden that way.

People just were dumb founded amazed after they found out with the Jazz elite hdv 178 series.

Magix 12 p errors b/c its a strong file. while 15p works just fine.

Pinn 14 U dows not open th file

so there you go, with thesupplied hd720P video supplied, only wished you loaded the hd1080P

As kodak zi8 is a far stronger file, and loading more then just one clip will crash programs.. so rather loading XX amount limit yuorself.

if using the orginal is not for you I totally understand, its basic and does its job ifasked.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 4:32 PM   #19

The program that came with the camera is called Video Express. I don't really have much else as far a info on that. There's another program bundled with it called "Snap n Share."

I chose the 720p sample because I didn't like the quality of 1080p. 720p looks much better, at least in VLC or hooked up via HDMI to my television.

Could it be that the codec isn't configured properly?
Old Feb 25, 2010, 4:51 PM   #20

Quote:
The program that came with the camera is called Video Express. I don't really have much else as far a info on that. There's another program bundled with it called "Snap n Share."

I chose the 720p sample because I didn't like the quality of 1080p. 720p looks much better, at least in VLC or hooked up via HDMI to my television.

Could it be that the codec isn't configured properly?

http://www.ffdshow.info/