Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 16, 2009, 4:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
I think you'll have to place a raw footage to a direct downloadsite to satisfy some thanks
Ok, that's a good one. I will try to upload the raw .mov to one of my servers...
thalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2009, 6:59 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
I think you'll have to place a raw footage to a direct downloadsite to satisfy some thanks
Yes I agree. Also the clip was too short with a simple subject to really tell anything. You need to do a scene with vegetation ie a complex detailed scene to really test the camera.

Another reason why an original file straight from the camera is preferred is we can get an idea of what bitrate they are using.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2009, 2:38 PM   #13

I find it very hard to simply load one's request. megaupload.com a clip of whatever, a stall at work staring at it one minute (lol)
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2009, 2:42 AM   #14

Can you use MediaInfo (mediainfo.sourceforge.net) to inspect the file from the Aiptek AHD H5 and post the output here?

I would order it (there is an offer for 160€ currently) if it really does 1920x1080, but Aiptek even doesn't manage to have a conclusive description online - on the .tw-site they claim 1440x1080 anamorph. And no word about an image stabilizer.

If it would use the anamorph resolution it wouldn't be any better than my Praktica DVC 5.2. Also I'd be interested in the sound quality. My old Aipteks definatly sucked there.

Thank you,
Cheers
Koepi
Koepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2009, 5:47 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koepi View Post
Can you use MediaInfo (mediainfo.sourceforge.net) to inspect the file from the Aiptek AHD H5 and post the output here?

I would order it (there is an offer for 160€ currently) if it really does 1920x1080, but Aiptek even doesn't manage to have a conclusive description online - on the .tw-site they claim 1440x1080 anamorph. And no word about an image stabilizer.

If it would use the anamorph resolution it wouldn't be any better than my Praktica DVC 5.2. Also I'd be interested in the sound quality. My old Aipteks definatly sucked there.

Thank you,
Cheers
Koepi
I wonder if there are two versions. On the English Global Site it lists it as 'PocketDV AHD H5' and as you say it just has a 1440x1080 resolution yet on the Chinese website it lists it as the 'PocketDV AHD H5 Extreme' and prominently says "Full HD" next to it. The specs list it as 1920x1440.

Aiptek also need to stop messing around and keep the 720p 60fps mode.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 6:05 PM   #16

we will only know if a member orguest can obtain a raw footage. its over a weeks time , when a fewminutes, was all it took for a upload
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2009, 1:50 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgvcam View Post
I wonder if there are two versions. On the English Global Site it lists it as 'PocketDV AHD H5' and as you say it just has a 1440x1080 resolution yet on the Chinese website it lists it as the 'PocketDV AHD H5 Extreme' and prominently says "Full HD" next to it. The specs list it as 1920x1440.
You may be right, it seems we need to distinguish between AHD H5 and AHD H5 Extreme. In online stores I only find the Extreme version which is advertised as recording 1920 x 1080 Pixel. The non-Extreme version isn't listed anywhere as far as I can tell. Oh dear, my fiancée will hate me for buying yet another camera...

Cheers
Koepi

Last edited by Koepi; Jul 23, 2009 at 2:07 PM.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 11:21 AM   #18

Quote:
You may be right, it seems we need to distinguish between AHD H5 and AHD H5 Extreme. In online stores I only find the Extreme version which is advertised as recording 1920 x 1080 Pixel. The non-Extreme version isn't listed anywhere as far as I can tell. Oh dear, my fiance will hate me for buying yet another camera...

Cheers
Koepi
Oops I just noticed I had said "1920x1440" when of course I meant 1920x1080!

Anyway, I guess the proof of the pudding is in the eating as they say, so I guess buying and trying will be the only way to settle the matter (as long as they have a good return policy of course)

Talking of buying cameras, it's the other way around with me. I am the one who spends time to trying to justify a new camera whereas my wife doesn't have a problem with it I'll fully admit that I have a tendency to over analyze potential purchases but then I try to limit the possibility of having to return items by doing thorough research beforehand.

At the end of the day though there is still no real substitute to trying them out.
Old Jul 24, 2009, 1:54 AM   #19

Well, the cam is ordered now. Hopefully they manage to deliver it tomorrow. Return policy is very easy in germany: Order online or by phone and you can return the stuff within two weeks without any reasons. :-) Anyhow I think I might like the camera. But what to do with my "old" one then (4-5 months old...)? I'm no eBay guy.

I'll upload some sample vids and mediainfo output when it arrives. Stay tuned!

Cheers
Koepi
Old Jul 24, 2009, 3:17 PM   #20

Quote:
Well, the cam is ordered now. Hopefully they manage to deliver it tomorrow. Return policy is very easy in germany: Order online or by phone and you can return the stuff within two weeks without any reasons. :-) Anyhow I think I might like the camera. But what to do with my "old" one then (4-5 months old...)? I'm no eBay guy.

I'll upload some sample vids and mediainfo output when it arrives. Stay tuned!

Cheers
Koepi
Great, be interesting to compare with my GVS!