Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 2, 2009, 9:52 AM   #31

I see, so it's probably a bitrate issue. On the whole it does suffice. Thanks for putting up the clips, once again.

I'm still not sure why the GVS/Z700 has such dull colors. I was going to get that until I saw this thread. Has the issue been fixed, or are people fine with it? The H5's video on the other hand looks fine.
creamyhorror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2009, 10:12 AM   #32

I just read the info, of Aiptek.tw.com's site

http://www.aiptek.com.tw/c0_1.php?bid=2&cid=5&pid=35

face detection: KEWL, a feature offered in most major cams today.

So now we must be on a look out for the GVS (USA) version to be offered with face dectection, and AV input.

Sterio int mic, and ??? unknown Ext mic port.

I do not love the style no more of a cam, but more of a hybrid.

This is a INTERPOLATES SOFTWARE ENHANCED CAME.

Aiptek hasnot increased megapixal size in a long time, the started with 1 meg and interpolated, and worked up to 2, and stopped at 3 meg. and now came out with 5 for their Higher model HD's. The video Bitrate on QT hesitates for me. and as now those who will purchse with older pcswill need to find a way to view.

I will work on that sample clip, but I am sure the quality in HD 1080p (1920) or 1440 works just fine for me.

not a satasfied customer here. kept out of the light and dusted all over .
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2009, 10:31 AM   #33

SOUND:

masking, if you can minipulate the sound you'll hear the actual rain drops. I will load it up for ya, if you care to hear.

the sound is like a higheway and again to me I had to lower to a better listening level.

VIdeo; as 99% are afraid to show, and will have to take the words of the OP.

if you are in full screen your body feet to head, how far back are you standing from the cam? 10 feet 20 feet or I bet 30 feet?

This makes me think, why am I spending big bucks......................

makes me wonder, when will a hybrid be released.............

the clip shown wonder if a stabilization was on it is moving, only if that motocycle was deeper lol

VIDEO minipulated with sound
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H82WLNYA
Old Aug 2, 2009, 10:42 AM   #34

The online description is for the non-pro/non-extreme version of the camera is different. As we wrote earlier in this thread, it does proper 1920x1080p video recording. Interpolation is only used for taking still images (a feature I don't use as my Fuji Finepix F40fd is by far superior for those tasks), for both resolutions >5 MPixels - the camera supports 8 and 12 MP. The camera comes with usage instructions for the H5 model and has a "specification update" in the package as well, where the real 1080p resolution gets explained.

A 5 MP sensor suffices for 1080p recording if it can deliver the data fast enough. This is the case for 30 fps as used by the H5 Extreme; for 60 fps 1080p a higher resolution and faster sensor chip is necessary.

If Aiptek would offer a new firmware with higher bitrate that would certainly improve the camera a bit more.

EDIT: No stabilization on that clip, I just held the camera in my hands.

Last edited by Koepi; Aug 2, 2009 at 10:45 AM.
Koepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2, 2009, 10:54 AM   #35

thank you.

but will take more then words to convince me ((LOL)) thiswill not be in my collection of Interpolated /interlaced models of the Hd-DV series. my 2 cents.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 10:58 AM   #36

Just tried how far away I have to go to be "fully on screen". It is around 5 to 6 meters, equalling 16 to 20 feet. I'm 1.75m big (~5.75 feet?). If I'd switch to the Macro mode, the distance would be a little less as the camera goes into a wider angle. Didn't play around with that yet as I don't know if the focus works than, too.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 11:05 AM   #37

What filter did you use on the sound? I was thinking about using a hiss reduction like CoolEdit Pro offered a few years ago - it could calculate a noise profile from a selection of the sound, with that profile you could denoise the whole audio clip. Unfortunately it isn't as simple as it sounds, if you choose a wrong snippet for profile generation that resulted in a sound like a very low bitrate mp3.
Old Aug 2, 2009, 11:30 AM   #38

I use what came with Magix pro edit12. 14 and 15. I used the Eq lowered the high notes, and added a dehisser De noiser. and widened justa lil the wide sterio.

Sound can be my machine others machine etc. just again unsure why al are never perfect lol
Old Aug 2, 2009, 11:31 AM   #39

I don't want to convince anyone to buy anything!

Anyhow I made two clips to help compare 1080p anamorph with "real" 1080p. I filmed a fine pattern of yarn of a chemise I had around Once with my "old" Praktica DVC 5.2 FHD doing 1440x1080 anamorph and once with the Aiptek AHD H5 Extreme with real 1920x1080p: http://www.mediafire.com/?tyq4xmymmwm
Old Aug 2, 2009, 2:02 PM   #40

This is the GVS and well the sun was out in the Am. and ll day , it is raining on/off. most the summer if you ask me

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RDD9Y68O 720p

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4Z29EL3H 1808p

Both clips are again of the GVS, and I hate to say it by a decibal off they both have that sound. LOL

can lower and with less the audio, for the GVS, over the H5
Guess if Aiptek, had sometype of Gain variable control that WE can adjust ourselves I stick with my HD700.
can Adjust to on/off noise, Aud, vid, and sound only with wind
vid sample
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=R8APYKDB hd 1080p highest quality.