Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 25, 2009, 3:13 AM   #51

sorry t osay , the soundwas absorbed, tinned. and not at its best, each video/sounddiffers. we're nt complaining , just saying this is one of the vids that lean that way this time.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2009, 8:22 AM   #52

Hm, the trick with the headrest didn't work as well as expected. The camera stayed focussed on some smashed flies on the windscreen, everything passing by is quite unsharp. Maybe I'll upload the vid later anyways, but for now i'm thinking about driving the car to the cleaning station... ;-)

EDIT: Here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giqOPTgvl-c

Last edited by Koepi; Aug 25, 2009 at 3:06 PM.
Koepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2009, 7:25 AM   #53

I see there is a new version of Praktica DVC 5.4 FHD to match Aiptek H5. It is now called Praktica DVC 5.4 HDMI and the specs match those of H5, specs HERE The differences from the FHD model are 12mpix still images, increased shutter speed to 1/2000 from 1/1500, HDMI output and internal memory upgraded to 128MB from 32MB. Does not say anything about 1080p resolution if it is actually 1920x1080 or it is 1440x1080. Considering the similarity of the specs....

Anybody has it?

Last edited by hellrider; Aug 26, 2009 at 7:27 AM.
hellrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2009, 10:11 AM   #54

Hi all,

just getting my head around the differences between this to model from aiptek: z700 and h5 extreme.

They seem pretty simiar in performance, same cmos and so on. So i dont know what to choose. I would like a camera that is able to film in true 16:9 and is also to do 60 fps??

which one i choose?

thanks in advance

ras
rasnoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2009, 1:00 PM   #55

I contacted Aiptek germany to ask whether it would be possible to request a firmware with a higher data rate at recording at the development. They called me when I was leaving work today to talk to me about that request: I sent them a few hundred frames reencoded with h264 lossless to show them the effects of low bitrate. Every 8th frame you can see a kind of quality jump which seems to stem from too high quantization in the interframes before (=too little bitrate).

After asking about my operating system, processor type and speed, amount of ram they wanted to start by explaining that it's the computer's performance. Anyhow, the product manager sat nearby and stepped in. She (strange. At the CeBIT, it was a "he".) claimed that it wouldn't be possible to increase the bitrate with a new firmware - the chipset wouldn't be capable of doing that. BUT the next generation of cameras would be.

We all know that these claims are false - other manufacturers manage to get out a higher bitrate out of the same Ambarella chipsets. The next generation of cameras? That's what I expected from this generation, and they already told that at the CeBIT. It seems they want to sell me a new camera every six months.

I think I'll stick with the H5 Extreme for some time and save the money - to buy a higher budget camera next year (or even a year later). At those companies the support is usually better educated in the technical details and they lie less to me, the customer (I hope, at least).

Just wanted to report my frustrating support experience with Aiptek, I hope that helps others too!
Koepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2009, 6:45 AM   #56

Default Problems with memory card

Hi there!
I've just bought an Aiptek AHD H5 Extreme, my first video camera ever, and I'm really interested in starting using it. But, I already have a problem. The camera says the mamory card is locked although it's not. I've tried with two different un-locked cards. Any suggestions?
Hakan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2009, 3:15 PM   #57

you never said you tried formatting try in the pc then the cam then happy filming.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 4:12 PM   #58

I did try to format both memory cards in my pc. It still didn't work. I've locked the cards only to un-lock them again, in case there was just some mechanical thing. Nothing happened. Both cards work well with my other cameras. It's only the Aiptek that refuses to co-operate. I've written three mails to the Aiptek support, haven't received any answers.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 4:24 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakan View Post
I did try to format both memory cards in my pc. It still didn't work. I've locked the cards only to un-lock them again, in case there was just some mechanical thing. Nothing happened. Both cards work well with my other cameras. It's only the Aiptek that refuses to co-operate. I've written three mails to the Aiptek support, haven't received any answers.
Try t format in other camera, then go to the Aiptek.

I hear exactly what you're saying.
1 it may be that sd card. thecams love sandisk pny polaroid, but may not like otehr one's.

I had that issue and I formated in my othercam as well, it worked after that.
either a hidden file is on ther that stops it.
Old Oct 29, 2009, 4:33 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Try t format in other camera, then go to the Aiptek.

I hear exactly what you're saying.
1 it may be that sd card. thecams love sandisk pny polaroid, but may not like otehr one's.

I had that issue and I formated in my othercam as well, it worked after that.
either a hidden file is on ther that stops it.
I've tried that too, same result. One card is a brand new Kingston recommended for the Aiptek by Amazon. I'll be off on a journey in 24 hours and was hoping to bring the camera. A bit frustrating. Thanks a lot for trying to help!