Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 10, 2009, 2:54 AM   #1

Default DXG 595V Wide angle lens ??

Hi have anyone manage to screw on a wide angle lens on dxg 595?
Any lens adapter used? whats the lens size of this camera to fit it the diameter of wide angle lens if i wanna get it.
newbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 26, 2010, 10:23 PM   #2

Default $25 Working wide angled snap-on lens for DXG-595v (FW596)

I have a DXG-595v (firmware upgraded to 596) and recently bought a Raynox QC 303 snap on wide angle lens from Amazon for $25 with free Prime shipping.

I set the camera to macro mode and when I placed the lens on the camera, it kept trying to auto focus. I reset the camera to the defaults, re-calibrated what I could, and still nothing.

I searched for answers and I couldn't come up with anything. I finally went another direction and actually started searching for info on macro mode. I read about wide angle lens that had macro lens built-in. They sat near the threads between the wide angle part of the lens and the camera. while I was reading I saw something about the using macro mode zoomed all the way out. I always figured it had to have it zoomed out to use macro mode... nope.

I turned the camcorder on and attached the lens and as usual the camera went nuts trying to focus. I zoomed in a little bit, hit the right joystick to enable macro and BOOM, it focused perfectly. I've literally searched for hours and it was that simple.

I hope this saves others from wasting as much time as I have.

I wasn't sure if I could post a link to the lens, but searching amazon for the model or brand should do the trick.

-Volcof
volcof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2010, 5:26 PM   #3

Please go back and edit so others can read your topic:

above poster said:
$25 with free Prime shipping.

I set the camera to macro mode and when I placed the lens on the camera, it kept trying to auto focus. I reset the camera to the defaults, re-calibrated what I could, and still nothing.

I searched for answers and I couldn't come up with anything. I finally went another direction and actually started searching for info on macro mode. I read about wide angle lens that had macro lens built-in. They sat near the threads between the wide angle part of the lens and the camera. while I was reading I saw something about the using macro mode zoomed all the way out. I always figured it had to have it zoomed out to use macro mode... nope.

I turned the camcorder on and attached the lens and as usual the camera went nuts trying to focus. I zoomed in a little bit, hit the right joystick to enable macro and BOOM, it focused perfectly. I've literally searched for hours and it was that simple.

I hope this saves others from wasting as much time as I have.

I wasn't sure if I could post a link to the lens, but searching amazon for the model or brand should do the trick.