Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 14, 2009, 4:44 AM   #1

Default Aiptec Z700 - Soudproblem

Hi!

Since yesterday Iīm owner of the Z700 an have a big problem: The sound. Thereīs a strange "whistle" in very high frequency all the time, when Iīm playing a video after recording. It doesnīt matter, if I play it on TV or my PC. Even when I play it back with the cam itself, you can hear it. The resolution of the cam has also nothing to do with it. Has anyone heard of this problem and can help me?

Thank you.

MacMotu
MacMotu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 14, 2009, 6:13 AM   #2

Welcome mac.......

congradson the newcam, We all hope we get a perfect model from an ONLINE SOURCE.

As we have no idea what the sound you are referring to, it has to be my ringing in the ears, Tinitus.

SO What I did, was made a video, that may be compared to your model, if it has the high pitch or not.
Quote:
is it there or not?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ba7no-WWhM

I at times do get the High pitch sounds, and I will say notall cams do this but most will for the reasons of:

Highly sensitive internal mics, Poor Sound card circuitry, a ungrounded circuitry feedback, and senser hunting.

I am no pro, nor am I a expert, but I am deffently sure that most cams have some sort of feedback, and the high pitch will be present on silient rooms.

there is no cure for this in firmware, Firmware will only raise and lower in -DB-+db, nothing more.

Leave the sound alone, and not ruin a perfect cam Aiptek. You still have not corrected a new firmware for the Action HD, or Ahd+, and AHD.

I believe some furthervideos areneeded andshown to us.. and if you are unsatasfiedwith your model, explain to the owner, ask for a swap, andifstill, return, . I am very happy Not at all, or am I
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2009, 6:33 AM   #3

Thanks for your answer.

I wonder, if THIS is, what everyone, who has got this cam, hears. The video was taken in deep woods, where surely no interferences have taken place. The only interference comes from the camera itself.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E41KKQDG

I tried some other vids later @ home, but the results were the same.
I think, itīs defekt, isnīt it? Or has someone heard something like this before? No matter, where you film or what you film, the noise doesn t change.

Greets

MacMotu
Old Jun 14, 2009, 6:38 AM   #4

Sorry, not clicked your link yet...

I think, the internal mic gives the similar sound in your sondtest, but mine is much louder. So shall return it to my merchant and get a new one?
Old Jun 14, 2009, 7:10 AM   #5

defective. a ground wire is off in the cam for sure that is not acceptable.

Here is a final option, and will result in your return.

1. Do you hear this high pitch on the EXT speaker of the cam? yes-no

2. do you hear this with the excluded earpeice plugged into the cam? yes-no,

3. take the file I loaded up, and play in cam and test out, leave in the internal memory, and return with a note, this should be the way this cam sounds, .

anyone else can do the same. model V5Z5S for a test. you should hear not a high pitch but a high hiss, and that is normal.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HKYJG56X

Last edited by fishycomics; Jun 14, 2009 at 7:13 AM.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 9:40 AM   #6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tipOo8AHMXY

thought I place this clip up, and you kinda get the idea, to decide what to do.
Old Jun 14, 2009, 1:42 PM   #7

Hi Fishycomics!

To your Options/questions

1. Do you hear this high pitch on the EXT speaker of the cam?

yes, I do, but I have to get real close.

2. do you hear this with the excluded earpeice plugged into the cam?

yes - more on the right than on the left.

3. take the file I loaded up, and play in cam and test out, leave in the internal memory, and return with a note, this should be the way this cam sounds, .

having some problems putting anything to the cam - says write protection, etc. I think, the drivers are not installed correctly on my pc or the cam just hates me... :-)

however, thank you very much for your help.
I bought the cam at amazon and I hope the will exchange it without any problem in a few days - so I hope I will not have any trouble with Aiptec as shown in your - btw. very educational - video :-)

Greetings

MacMotu
Old Jun 14, 2009, 2:29 PM   #8

no problem, keep thesite posted, glad you found the video to your liking. and yep takes that longfor a repair, even a response at time LOL
Old Jun 19, 2009, 2:40 PM   #9

Saw this thread a couple of days ago but didn't have time to respond.
I have the same issue with my cam. But, strangely enough, not all the time.
The problem is there in some shots and sometimes in parts of the shots and sometimes it just isn't there at all. I haven't looked into the problem yet but I can imagine Fishy being right. I mean...there's a lot that can go wrong inside that foldable screen. Then again, it might just be interference caused by the SD card. I'm not sure. To test these issues I have ordered a second GVS that I will use for a comparison.
Crihz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2009, 4:28 PM   #10

correct I am no pro, jsut I used a editer to realize right channel was the issue. I was told once a screen cable was it, to me that is GROUNDING