Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 16, 2009, 2:44 PM   #1

Default chossing the right camera to shot HD clips at a low light situation (concert)

Hi there, first post, great forum!

I'm about to choose the right cam to shoot some clips at night concerts.
I was quite sure about the low light performance of the Creative vado hd, but it has no zoom.
Wonder if something out there could give a good result in this situations including zoom an maybe a more decent optic.

thanks a lot for the help given!
marcogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 16, 2009, 4:01 PM   #2

Welcome aboard marcogt.....

Always welocme a new member, do my best..

Low level lighting is the hardest. ifno light is present no video, just common sense , if asking me. but today I filmed in a low light room, and not a thing was on film, or screen, that be the GVS/Z700, but at other times i can fim and get a different story...........

look around research and ask other members if they can offer advice they'll do so. a commercial shows the casio Ex-7 doing that ata concert, I do not believe everything I hear or see. but I own one LOL. enjoy
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2009, 4:11 PM   #3

hi thanks for your fast reply!
well actually i'm asking for low light, not no light
I imagine a stage with coloured backlight wich dim and move, maybe in the night or in the late evening.
Infact the light is coming from the stage to where i am.

can you suggest anything?
have you ever tried creative vado hd?
Old Jun 16, 2009, 4:30 PM   #4

correct, light on object will film. if you're just After VIDEO, no Audio cause most low budgets film at their best to what the person places the cam to do. have to keep in mind a ISO setting, look t ot he Sanyo Xacti's, but research and find some videos((hint))
Old Jun 16, 2009, 4:34 PM   #5

i just found this sanyo vpc-hd700...seems to do kinda job filming a stage...
and audio is good too.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 5:01 PM   #6

I own the sanyo xacti Hd 700.

I walked up a monuments interior, and i filmed the whole walk up. I concider it a low level lighting. I also repeated the same, with the Aiptek Action HD GVS.I concidered it a failure, but not given up .

http://www.vimeo.com/692017

http://www.vimeo.com/692134 this to me is a night shot. not the shot I was talking about.

The Sanyo is a great cam, some love it, hate it, complain about its lens barrel issues. In the Sanyo section Is a long long write up.

I do not have the videos online, cleaned up but will oneday redo. I also have lower budget cam that als odid fine. because I know what to expect. some like the Flip/ wondercams but all is prefrence, you're asking Pounding loud music to a cam and that to some is a failure on its own, as one will add a external source of audi.
4 am are those shots enjoy. and I believe that day I continued were a film shoot 20 foot lit balloon for a vid shoot LOL.
Old Jun 16, 2009, 5:13 PM   #7

such ashame part two it's not in hd.
i don't well understand which one do you personally prefer bw sanyo and aiptek.

let me know!
Old Jun 16, 2009, 5:21 PM   #8

Yes its bad that all my work and allowed one HD per week , sorry for Vimeo's denial of allowing I a Pro account. I have no prefrence, I chose to take the GVS to film everyday for reasons, that it is a Low budget cam, I choose thesanyo, at times, but have difficult to edit mp4 a higher compression, in my eyes
I also have other cams, so i do not just settle for one

thesanyo yes is a excellent cam many manual controls I lean to it. yes. but will not settle for a perminet cam.