Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 20, 2009, 6:07 PM   #11

, I just was unclear of the response.

where the red spots are at, that would be a ideal section, but since the indentation of the mics back where they are located, you think more depth is needed. There is enough cable to do this, I feel it is best to just close up and leave alone, since I have no professional pinholes.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2009, 11:40 PM   #12

I had a play with the internal mic and even when I cover one of the mic holes up, if I then analyze it in Audacity, there is only a slight difference between the channels to let you know they are indeed separate channels ie stereo in name at least if not practically. Of course fishycomics photo confirms it physically but not electronically. As noted there is practically no separation at all and it sounds like a mono mic.

Aren't the stereo mics on regular miniDv camcorders also close together? They usually place them under the lens right? Anyone tell me if they are also 'straight ahead' or angled slightly away from each other?

Last edited by rgvcam; Jun 20, 2009 at 11:43 PM.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2009, 6:41 AM   #13

These are indeed a stereo mic, super-sensitive mics. covering up a hole, and nott he mic itself, leaves room forsound to pass, cutting out the wire, or opening up and firmly pressing off that mic will improve the chance, and if that is needed for further proof, then you should give it a go.

On my JVC they are locatedbottom of the front and holes around the whole front and part of the corners or side.

As for angle, unsure?

I would again love to seperate not width wise, but one on the Screen, and one where the Speaker is at to its front
Aiptek what are your thoughts total mic seperation
Old Jun 21, 2009, 4:05 PM   #14

I have a clip that will be up soon, I think a few issues are there. I cannot remember a high pitch sound at the location, nor see any electrical etc to interfere, but some cell phones that people have near., and ofcourse mine goes off on the clip, so I thought I leave it in hear me speak a lil. and off I go. enjoy the clip at youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_HgJaQV8ww
Old Jun 22, 2009, 6:51 AM   #15

As I have the cam reopened , just the screen, I am thinking of a straw, Mc D'sStraw, and wrapping some heavy stuff around the straw, and cutting to a certain depth. Now a pipe or a painter stick,and getting my seperation in sound. Do i want to walk around and looking like My favorite martian?