Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 26, 2009, 7:31 AM   #1

Default DXG DVH-A80 has anybody heard of anything, or seen one?

Been a long time since the show release.

http://www.dxgtech.com/act_detail.ph...aFocus=400x000

My regional KMart is getting "New Models" from a dxg re-badged company (596 was cleared for $160US but I missed out). So, as the micro-digital does not have the 60fps HD modes I want, I am interested in this.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 26, 2009, 1:13 PM   #2

Same here, e-mailed their customer service as far as release date, no reply. I figure since the show was earlier this month, it will probably be released late fall or winter sometime. But definitely looks to be an upgrade to the DXG-595V.
HDfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2009, 3:03 AM   #3

Often we see these sort of camera products bought or reviewed before release. I hope we do not have to wait that long.

Last edited by Wayne12; Jun 27, 2009 at 4:59 AM.
Old Jul 1, 2009, 1:19 PM   #4

Bad link.
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2009, 3:14 AM   #5

This model did was released early this year. But it is rarely seen in real shops. I also don't understand why the manufacuturer have been making it happen.

The link below is a website that this model is on sale, you can refer it if interested.

http://www.vostrostone.com/rich-hda8...1080p-p-2.html

Last edited by Darjorn.wang; Mar 17, 2010 at 9:23 PM.
Darjorn.wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2009, 10:30 AM   #6

I forgot all about this hybrid, and it seems long ago since we talk about it. It may have been released early this year in Asia, but no sign of it in the rest of the World. As Dajorn.wang's link shows, it's probably only available to the rest of the world at the moment through chinese wholesales.
adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2010, 1:58 AM   #7

Default finally on website

this camera is finally on sale on the dxg website for $300
http://www.dxgusa.com/products/high-...xg-a80vhd.html
schoolboi101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2010, 2:21 AM   #8

There's a thread about this camera from different manufacturers, Kogan is the one I like the most, since it has a real 10megapixel cmos sensor (no hardware interpolation)

http://www.kogan.com.au/shop/kogan-f...corder-camera/
subc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2010, 6:48 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by subc View Post
There's a thread about this camera from different manufacturers, Kogan is the one I like the most, since it has a real 10megapixel cmos sensor (no hardware interpolation)

http://www.kogan.com.au/shop/kogan-f...corder-camera/
reading the info firmware Interpolation. in my eyes that tells me 5 mb default, and anything higher is Interpolated

Not the Owner or can comment what I do not own, but I do not see any devices yet to be higher then 5mb defaul cmos sensor, and non-interpolation, the next step I can see will be 6-8 mb default, increasing the price, keeping low, Interpolation. a better model without a higher price.

What catches my eye
Movie ResolutionResolution: WQVGA (240fps), WVGA (30fps), WVGA (60fps), 720p (30fps), 720p (60fps), 1080p (30fps), 1080i (60fps)

LED Flash (Video)On / Off Effective Range : 0.5m ~ 1m

Battery typeLi-ion 3.7V 1700mAh Rechargeable Battery (with 2-3 hours recording time)

Pentium III 800MHz above

Being able to run on a 800htz, I believe it will struggle, while I understand the other cams need a higher processor.

Batt life is amazing if its true.

led good to 36 plus inchs that's a portrait shot no more
And the res's in fps some slow mo and 60fps in 1080I hmmmm gotta to be good

Last edited by fishycomics; Jan 15, 2010 at 6:53 AM.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2010, 2:11 PM   #10

I usually avoid Kogan (and Strathfeild) for these cameras because of the price (Kogan has reduced their price I think though, and I have not seen the Strathfeild price for a while), but in this case, it does not seem to be much different from what DXG (or Kodak over here, will be charging). Seems the kmart chain in Australia has run down their cameras, and Sams warehouse as well, pity. I never really saw the cameras promoted in the way they could have been. Now the markets so full or normal digital still cameras with video functions, it is difficult. Target is starting to pick up Aiptek, but I mostly see cheaper ones.