Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 8, 2009, 5:48 AM   #1

Default how to update Firmware?

Hello! since yesterday i'm a owner of the Aiptek Z700.
I have the 2201 version of firmware, i'm wonder how to and if i should update my firmware? I would very happy for any answers!
Excuse my english.
andreith24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 8, 2009, 9:22 AM   #2
Administrator

Welcome to forums. I've moved this thread to our Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams Forum, where you'll be more likely to get responses from users of that camera model.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2009, 2:41 PM   #3

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/hy...-releases.html

In this post, you'll find the info you need the choice is realy yours. not mine so enjoy and let us know I'm told the GVS should only be updated two frimwares up no mre , while the AHD-Z700 started out with 1800 and now up to 2900 over ten fixs I lost count. so you tell me if it is a perfect model, the gvs seems to be in Aiptek eyes.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2009, 6:35 PM   #4

i read that now, and it seems really complicated =/. I have the 2201 version do i need to update?
Old Jul 8, 2009, 7:20 PM   #5

It is not complicated, it isrealy easy. your option then is to send in the cam and get it updated. follw the steps given 5 minutes done
Old Jul 9, 2009, 7:27 AM   #6

can the cam get broken if i do wrong?
Old Jul 9, 2009, 9:07 AM   #7

I can't save the file to SD card it says something about copy protecition? What should i do?
Old Jul 9, 2009, 2:46 PM   #8

the cams biosis its heart you flash -n-crash dead cam.

best to contact Aiptek, purchase a working sd card. i wouldsay send it to me I'll place on the firmware and send back, but I am sure your naighbor or co-worker ((hint)) can help out on such a simple task, even a teacher
Old Jul 10, 2009, 5:04 PM   #9

Here is a very simple solution
you do not need to format the sdhc card.

you open the cam it opens the ext drive, you delete the file and just add the bin in. update.

that is all. i done this many times, icrashed the cam, shown the crash, and even pulled the sd out and continued using the cam. enjoy.
Old Jul 12, 2009, 8:21 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreith24 View Post
I can't save the file to SD card it says something about copy protecition? What should i do?
Have you checked the write protect switch on the card is in the correct position? If that seems ok, then I would just try another SD card if you still get the problem. If you can't copy the file to the card via the USB cable on the camera, use a card reader to place the sd_v5z5.bin file directly onto the card. Make sure it's in the root folder and not inside any sub folder.

Once you have the file on the SD card, insert it into the camera as normal. Make sure you battery is fully charged.

To update your camera firmware, just press the mode button to enter the display showing the various icons. Then press the joystick UP for 3 seconds. While still holding it up, press the camera snapshot button all the way down as if you were going to take a photo. You should then see "Updating" appear on the display.

To check the firmware is almost exactly the same procedure, except you hold the joystick DOWN this time instead of UP!

After updating I would advise that you make sure you remove any sd_v5z5.bin files on the card just incase you accidentally enter update mode when checking the firmware version!

rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote