Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 19, 2009, 11:33 AM   #1

Default quesion for fishycomics

I would like to know when the "action-hd gvs 1080p camcorder with w/5x optical zoom and gyroscopic stabilization was released? I have been looking at this camer for a while, and have made the decision to purchase, but don't want to buy it and a week or two a new one get released.

I have enjoyed the movies and honest reviews that you have given on this camers.

My only complanint is the angle of the lens.

thank you for the time

gean
gean is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 19, 2009, 11:39 AM   #2

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/hy...5s-review.html

Nov 2008.

Aiptek or main company only knows that Answer.

we guess Aug-nov a new cam.

we hear in feb that a cam is expected to be in production, and by april it becomes delayed and july it is out same goes here if Aug we hear. Oct -nov.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2009, 1:17 PM   #3

It also depends on what style you prefer since newer models seem to appear overseas first and then here. The only newer model than the GVS I have seen so far is the PocketDV AHD H5 Pro. The black GVS doesn't count as it's the same GVS model just in black.

If you want the traditional camcorder style with FULL HD ie 1920x1080 instead of 1440x1080 then the AHD H5 Pro may be the model for you but it doesn't appear to have a 60fps HD mode. If you prefer pistol grip I think you're probably safe for a while but it sounds like you may prefer the traditional style with your mention of the angle of the lens.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2009, 3:46 PM   #4

Sept of2008 was the Z700 as well known as theGVS over here. hope that answered your question.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote