Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 26, 2009, 6:30 PM   #1

Default Need advice Guys

Hey All,

About 5 months ago i bought a japan speed hd 8-z camcorder from ebay because it had good reviews. Though everytime ive tried filming it comes out grainy, granted its been in my bedroom (haha not like it sounds)

Though now ive started work with a drama group and we need to film videos in both hd quality and normal quality.

Do you suggest i buy a new camera? It would need to be within reason though around 400 (GBP pound) max. Or should i stick with the 8-z?

Recordings on youtube of people using the same camera look great! What am i doing wrong? I dont understand fps or anything.

I think it shoots at 30fps 1080p and 60fps 720p..

Thanks in advance guys

Alan
Guitarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 1, 2009, 5:02 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Noticed you hadn't had any replies so moved this to the hybrid section where our video experts hang out.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2009, 5:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarfreak View Post
Hey All,

About 5 months ago i bought a japan speed hd 8-z camcorder from ebay because it had good reviews. Though everytime ive tried filming it comes out grainy, granted its been in my bedroom (haha not like it sounds)

Though now ive started work with a drama group and we need to film videos in both hd quality and normal quality.

Do you suggest i buy a new camera? It would need to be within reason though around 400 (GBP pound) max. Or should i stick with the 8-z?

Recordings on youtube of people using the same camera look great! What am i doing wrong? I dont understand fps or anything.

I think it shoots at 30fps 1080p and 60fps 720p..

Thanks in advance guys

Alan
Alan Welcome to the Hybrid section.

You own this japan cam, and when you load your video to youtube, you do not have the quaility you realy want?

So before I can comment on this I would love a sample I can fool around with as well as others. megaupload.com, drivway, etc make it a minute I do not care ifit is of a glass whatever. LOL

We know you're using this for the bedroom, and now got caught and have to have a therapy group session ((lol)) just kidding

what I do I edit my clip and just save it asa HDwmv file. so I shall test it and send back all you would do is load. lol

I use a few programs, but any would do.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2009, 5:17 PM   #4
Super Moderator

I knew we would get an answer by moving it here..... thanks fishycomics for picking this up!!
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote