Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 9, 2009, 4:29 PM   #11

I mentioned notto dig....

The cam defaults to Tawain settings, choose your language and set it.

You'll now have to keep doing this every so often. sad to say, you cannot retrieve the file that keeps the cam correctly now

You may now want to ask yourself, is it time to send in for a reflash by the company. or other/

never insulting or offending, just decide whatto do, you'll find it annoying later on.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2009, 2:37 PM   #12

Cam works correct in german language never fall back to taiwan or any other things that dont work. pictures and video works fine, just reinstalled the firmware.

but thanks for comment.

i think about buying a new one may the sanyo, but first i bought a older powershot s80 for timelapse videos and ia am on work for it now.

Excuse my english, i know it is not the best.

Canon Powershot S95
Panasonic HDC SD-10 with sunshade.
Juggernauter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2009, 3:09 PM   #13

no problem you'll see that flashing , reflashing and changing to your language will not correct issues, it may look correct at this time, next time and a few weeks later back to troubles
Old Sep 20, 2009, 12:30 AM   #14

Default Video streaming

Every digital camera or camcorder should support:
- USB as a power source only
- USB Mass storage mode
- USB Video Class compliant (webcam mode)
- USB Picture Transfer Protocol compliant mode, including preview mode and especiially remote camera control mode.
Aiptek has been making cameras long enough, that there is really no excuse.

So, what is the hidden webcam mode for? Well, streaming video to the computer is such an essential feature that it would be hard to even make a camera without it. The engineer needs it for testing. The factory floor needs it for aligning the lens. QA/QC needs it. Service people need it to realign the lens, etc. The attached computer can compute various things from the acquired images. This mode may be optimized for those purposes, rather than teleconferencing. This mode also probably came with the Ambarella development kit and it is possible that there are device drivers for some other camera based on this chip for at least some operating systems.
whitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2009, 4:23 PM   #15

Yep whitis and thats why i try to make it work as a webcam. the only thing is my poor english. :-) but i dont give up. :-) cause would be a real good webcam.

For now i make tests with a lot of other webcam software and capture software like the software for the canon powershot series and if i have enough time i will write my own driver but not before end of november.

Canon Powershot S95
Old Oct 14, 2009, 3:02 AM   #16

Default Bought the z700/gvs yesterday.

Hey guys.

Ok, so after I bought this cam, I started to google it. With little luck..

So, is the z700/gvs so unpopular that it's impossible to get any information about it at all? I guess so..

I just upgraded my FW. Cause of the same youtube video another person here was reffering to. With the PC CAM function.
Been busting my *** of to try and find any windows driver information for it, not much luck there either..

I have no idea why they haven't made a pc cam driver for this camera, as they would probably sell A LOT more of them by doing so.

So yesterday I started reading about driver development, and I'm currently set to creating my own driver for this camera.
Figured out some specs about the internal hardware, chipset etc.
So we'll see how long this will take.

It'll take time, that much I know. At least I'm one of few who is able to learn stuff pretty quickly. It will take some heavy reading on my part though.

If you come across any new information for upcoming pc cam driver, let me know please.

... Ken - Norway
KenR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2009, 3:27 PM   #17

keep us informed please, i will do more in november, have more time than. :-)

Canon Powershot S95
Old Oct 15, 2009, 4:04 AM   #18

hopefully Aiptek will toss a the HD1080P 60fps outwith all the bells -dam i was dreaming