Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 13, 2009, 1:22 AM   #1

Default News on the Aiptek GVS from Target

Hopefully this isn't old news... However, after really wanting a black GVS and Amazon never posting it (until recently :P) I broke down and purchased a GVS from Target. Compared to my older GVS from Amazon, there are a few differences. The rear port cover has a larger tab (easier removal) The flash is horizontally mounted The LCD has a much lower viewing angle. Otherwise the camera seems the same. Everything on the firmware page matched aside from the LCD. I tested and confirmed these do NOT have AV-in. And unlike the Target picture, they do not have stereo mics (well not tested, but it's not printed on the plastic). Since Amazon has the black GVS available now, I went ahead and purchased it, returning the one from Target earlier today. I can post more regarding it once it arrives.
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 13, 2009, 4:20 AM   #2

I may be wrong
Target' does not carry the GVS, they carry the P-HD+ with the internal memory.

gvs style changed and Amazon sells the black on black,

they cahnged from OLD box style to a box and plastic container interior

the GVS at Amazon is not the GVS its a Chinavision model. Z700.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2009, 11:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Other_One View Post
Hopefully this isn't old news... However, after really wanting a black GVS and Amazon never posting it (until recently :P) I broke down and purchased a GVS from Target. Compared to my older GVS from Amazon, there are a few differences. The rear port cover has a larger tab (easier removal) The flash is horizontally mounted The LCD has a much lower viewing angle. Otherwise the camera seems the same. Everything on the firmware page matched aside from the LCD. I tested and confirmed these do NOT have AV-in. And unlike the Target picture, they do not have stereo mics (well not tested, but it's not printed on the plastic). Since Amazon has the black GVS available now, I went ahead and purchased it, returning the one from Target earlier today. I can post more regarding it once it arrives.
When you say black, do you mean that even the LCD is black (as the one on amazon.com shows)? The reason I ask is that Target only shows the original model with the gray LCD even though they list it as the black model.

Mine is also from amazon.com but its the original model with the gray LCD, yet it also has the flash horizontal now. I suspect all new GVS models not just the black model are that way.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2009, 1:37 AM   #4

Yes Fishy, Target does carry the GVS as can be seen on their website. http://www.target.com/Aiptek-High-De...k%3AGVS&page=1 And I don't know much about new/old current/past models of the camera, but I do know my first one was gray on black. From what I've seen (and apparently from what Target sells) the GVS has been slightly redesigned but still carries the same color scheme. The new black on black model seems to have a couple new features (according to Amazon) but I'll find out what all's true once it arrives. rgvcam; I was talking about the gray/black one which was slightly changed over my previous gray/black one I got from Amazon a few months back. I really wanted the black/black one though and have been waiting for it to be released. Of course it's finally avaliable once I get the gray/black one from Target :P But yeah, it seems they've changed the design around a bit. I still had the box from my previous GVS and compared the two. Sure enough, even the pictures of the camera on the box have changed (such as the flash orientation). Well, noone may be too interested in all this, but I do recall a post made some time ago with someone asking the differences between the Amazon gray/black model, the Target model, and the black/black model.
Old Aug 14, 2009, 10:25 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Other_One View Post
Yes Fishy, Target does carry the GVS as can be seen on their website. http://www.target.com/Aiptek-High-De...k%3AGVS&page=1 And I don't know much about new/old current/past models of the camera, but I do know my first one was gray on black. From what I've seen (and apparently from what Target sells) the GVS has been slightly redesigned but still carries the same color scheme. The new black on black model seems to have a couple new features (according to Amazon) but I'll find out what all's true once it arrives. rgvcam; I was talking about the gray/black one which was slightly changed over my previous gray/black one I got from Amazon a few months back. I really wanted the black/black one though and have been waiting for it to be released. Of course it's finally avaliable once I get the gray/black one from Target :P But yeah, it seems they've changed the design around a bit. I still had the box from my previous GVS and compared the two. Sure enough, even the pictures of the camera on the box have changed (such as the flash orientation). Well, noone may be too interested in all this, but I do recall a post made some time ago with someone asking the differences between the Amazon gray/black model, the Target model, and the black/black model.
No problem. All information regarding these models is welcome.

OT: I see you have a Minolta Dimage XT. I have a Minolta Dimage F300 myself I love this little camera and was saddened when they exited the camera business
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2009, 5:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgvcam View Post
OT: I see you have a Minolta Dimage XT. I have a Minolta Dimage F300 myself I love this little camera and was saddened when they exited the camera business
I actually need to see about updating this info here. I HAD a Minolta and wish I hadn't gotten rid of it now... It was an awesome little camera...