Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 16, 2009, 6:25 PM   #11

many sites are always out there. we who own the Aipteks have a option for motionbox.com some like, and dislike. so just be careful of where you place your eggs in one basket.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2009, 5:08 PM   #12

I have been running an Aiptek GVS and I'm very impressed with the video quality but the build quality is horrible. I ordered a FH1 today and I was impressed that they have 1080p/60...most of the other cameras don't even have 60 except a few with 720/60...so in theory this should be really good for motion shots...can anyone give a comparison review FH1 vs GVS?

thanks

mr
tentenths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2009, 9:34 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tentenths View Post
I have been running an Aiptek GVS and I'm very impressed with the video quality but the build quality is horrible. I ordered a FH1 today and I was impressed that they have 1080p/60...most of the other cameras don't even have 60 except a few with 720/60...so in theory this should be really good for motion shots...can anyone give a comparison review FH1 vs GVS?

thanks

mr
I don't have the FH1 but I did purchase the HD1010 because I much prefer the pistol grip design and I couldn't justify the cost of the HD2000 with 1080/60fps.

When you say the build quality is horrible, in what way do you mean? I have to say that for an inexpensive camcorder, I find the Aiptek GVS build quality perfectly acceptable and no worse than many other cameras I have owned. Certainly better than their previous models.

It seems build quality must be subjective since camcorder info.com didn't like the build quality of the HD1010 for instance yet I find it very good and can't think what they are on about. I tried out a Canon HF100 for a while and certainly didn't think the build quality was any better.

Reviews often mention the various flaps etc that cover card slots or interfaces being poor but again I have found all cameras the same in this regard even the more expensive ones.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2009, 4:31 PM   #14

I have both the FH1 and the GVS. In my opinion, FH1 is awesome. The 1080P/60FPS is super clear and smooth especially playing back on HDTV. It has stabilizer on all video modes, unlike GVS which only does it in the 720P/60FPS. Takes pretty good pics even in low light settings. I also like the slo-mo option, although it can't do it in HD but it's kind of cool. The GVS in my opinion is the best of the cheap HD camcorders but can't compare. Only advantage it has over FH1 is 720P/60FPS which FH1 does not have. It's also quite small, doesn't quite fit in your pocket but small enough to say, man that's tiny. I'd say the 1080P/30FPS in both camcorders are pretty even as far as quality but FH1 has stabilizer. FH1 has higher zoom although that's not that big of a deal for me. It's definitely a nice upgrade but for less than $200 the GVS does it's job well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tentenths View Post

thanks

mr
HDfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote