Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 18, 2009, 10:12 PM   #1

Default Low Light Hybrid Needed

Okay, we use the "old" Jazz HDV178 for racing videos. The camera does VERY well in low light. I'm looking for something that can give me the same low light peformance that is affordable! Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris
SportActionCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 18, 2009, 10:29 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportActionCam View Post
Okay, we use the "old" Jazz HDV178 for racing videos. The camera does VERY well in low light. I'm looking for something that can give me the same low light peformance that is affordable! Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris
Yes the HDV178 is amazing in low light considering its cost.

Any reason you are replacing it? Or is it broken, in which case you could just buy another although they have been redesigned so I don't know if they'll have the same characteristics as before. I think you will be hard pressed to find something that inexpensive although you might want to try the flip video cameras.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2009, 3:03 AM   #3

wait for the kodak z18 but it's not cheap 180 is awefully expensive for no optical
Asfor other low end
X2 with RGVCAM
taking my jazz today lol.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2009, 10:23 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgvcam View Post
Yes the HDV178 is amazing in low light considering its cost.

Any reason you are replacing it? Or is it broken, in which case you could just buy another although they have been redesigned so I don't know if they'll have the same characteristics as before. I think you will be hard pressed to find something that inexpensive although you might want to try the flip video cameras.
We distribute the 178 and apparently the "new" 178 might not even be around long under the Emerson name. I have seen the new 178 and it's a totally different camera, just happens to have the same name.

Couldn't find the X2? what is that?
SportActionCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 19, 2009, 11:25 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportActionCam View Post
We distribute the 178 and apparently the "new" 178 might not even be around long under the Emerson name. I have seen the new 178 and it's a totally different camera, just happens to have the same name.

Couldn't find the X2? what is that?
He was just agreeing with me. The flip video cameras have good low light otherwise as fishycomics said the new Kodak Zi8 but it's not as inexpensive as the Jazz HDV178.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote