Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 28, 2009, 6:45 AM   #11

Take, going, purchase buying.

I post my clips to youtube in a quality, and format that allows lower speed users access, while posting raw footage stutters. its best to load the footage with a direct download link, this way, if you're unhappy with the quality, then you can truely comment on the footage, otherwise the net is all about $$$ storage cost $$$ and flash is not hd quality.

My2 cents.

Z18 is new to the consumer, and I at the moment as all other love to get my hands on it, but I can save a lot ofchange if I go this other model and am sure no ext mic, , at least I have 1920x1080 Hd1080P footage, and can besaid for other models as well
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2009, 9:08 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-BAjax View Post
The quality looks good, but I think that some video's on youtube from pocket HD camera's such as Zi8, UltraHD, MinoHD, VadoHD gives better quality. Is that posible? And why not to take the Sanyo CG10? And I think that I will spend maximum 250 US Dollars, which is than the best camcorder to take according to the HD video quality, even when I'm moving? I don't matter which brand the cam has, only the cam quality and a reasonable batterylife is important.
When you say 'better quality', what do you mean as quality can mean different things. Do you mean the color saturation, sharpness etc?

The saturation and perhaps the sharpness of some of those you list may be a tad better but they are certainly not way ahead and you're forgetting that they are not as versatile as the Aiptek. For instance the Aiptek has a true optical Zoom.

I did not take a Sanyo CG10 simply because I don't have one. I do have video of the same with a Sanyo HD1010 that is better quality mainly because it has more pleasing color saturation but it is way over your limit of $250.

It sounds to me like you are looking for a Flip Video type device. If you can live without the optical zoom then this may be the way to go for you although for the same price I think the Sanyo CG10 again is a better camera because it is far more versatile in that like the more expensive HD1010 it not only has optical zoom but also full manual controls such as manual focusing and aperture and shutter.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2009, 11:04 AM   #13

Thank you very much. I've seen that Samsung is going to release the HMX-U10 and Sanyo is going to release the CG11. I think that I'm going to wait for them because Samsung is a good brand and Sanyo too. I think that the CG11 will become the brother of the CG10 so therefore I will wait.
B-BAjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2009, 11:38 AM   #14

Quote:
Thank you very much. I've seen that Samsung is going to release the HMX-U10 and Sanyo is going to release the CG11. I think that I'm going to wait for them because Samsung is a good brand and Sanyo too. I think that the CG11 will become the brother of the CG10 so therefore I will wait.
I guess if you feel wifi is worth waiting for but otherwise the CG11 seems to be the same specwise as the CG10 only probably more expensive. Also depends on whether you want a pistol grip device or traditional camcorder.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 12:47 PM   #15

On Ebay I also found good camera's called: Japan .... The brand is 'Speed'. What do you think about camera's on ebay came from Japan or something else with a unknown brand?
Old Aug 28, 2009, 3:02 PM   #16

Quote:
On Ebay I also found good camera's called: Japan .... The brand is 'Speed'. What do you think about camera's on ebay came from Japan or something else with a unknown brand?
There is a whole thread on it here:
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/hy...camcorder.html
Old Aug 28, 2009, 3:13 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgvcam View Post
There is a whole thread on it here:
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/hy...camcorder.html
Thank you very much!
Old Sep 2, 2009, 1:20 PM   #18

thanks rgvCam for your replys

i somehow see a contradiction in producing a camera with a pistol grip, (pointing at versatility and adaptatation) and then not been able to use the camera when walking?

dont you see that way?
rasnoland is offline   Reply With Quote