Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 6, 2009, 12:36 PM   #1

Default Samsung HMX-U10 full hd 1080P

182.00 plus with a 4 gig sd card case, take the 4 gig card price away
Time lapse recording

1920x1080 30 or 60fps(carefully read the sites incorect info)

This cam can record 120fps

Well folks its official this cam is sure to be a winner, wonder if it's better then Kodak or not no it does not have a external mic, but has slow motion, and time lapse.

These are the features we been asking about, if never talked in the corner of steves forums.

The style of the camera is to be desired, slanted for more a uniform fit in hand.

Thesale for this sounds like a steal.
I can do without a 25.00 sd card, and a 10.00 case, just offer us a lowered , stripped down cam.

$125.00 selling price is ideal, and worth no more thank you

AIPTEK you listening.
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/v...V-_-HP-_-IMAGE

Last edited by fishycomics; Sep 6, 2009 at 2:06 PM.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 7, 2009, 9:20 AM   #2

Yeah hopefully it will get cheaper if we wait long enough. I actually like the bend shape. I've seen another HMX-U10 style hybrid camera from low-cost Japanese electronics maker Thanko. I'm not sure if they make all their products themselves. I suspect they are made in Taiwan. They just print their name on it. The hybrid camera I'm talking about is the Thanko pocket HDCam POMOHDV1. I've seen it on ebay under a different brand name. I've also found info on a POMOHDV2 which does 1920x1080p. Same exact camera, so could be some kind of firmware upgrade.

- 1440x1080p, 30p, 12Mbps
- 1280x720p, 30p, 6Mbps

http://www.akihabaranews.com/en/news...+Hands-on.html

http://www.akihabaranews.com/en/news...on+Update.html
adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 7, 2009, 9:47 AM   #3

HKdayfly Localert Snergy tech

these are three names, and China, and Japan . MD90 model of localert.

And there are Two, to three models Hd720P, Hd1080P, and Full hd1080P

Thecost is a lot less then the Samsumg, and as stated in your pic it has 4 l.e.d lights, flexable lense,

I had to re-read the info , One site says a removable lense, correctly it should say, angle lense, adjustable lense.

139.00 shipped less the shipping fees, the cam is realy a bargain.
thanks Adalfa. for showing what I placed online a few months ago.
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/hy...webbie-hd.html -- link
Old Sep 8, 2009, 9:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by adalfa View Post
Yeah hopefully it will get cheaper if we wait long enough. I actually like the bend shape. I've seen another HMX-U10 style hybrid camera from low-cost Japanese electronics maker Thanko. I'm not sure if they make all their products themselves. I suspect they are made in Taiwan. They just print their name on it. The hybrid camera I'm talking about is the Thanko pocket HDCam POMOHDV1. I've seen it on ebay under a different brand name. I've also found info on a POMOHDV2 which does 1920x1080p. Same exact camera, so could be some kind of firmware upgrade.
I don't think it is the same camera. The lens is in a different location for a start plus the case is different. Of course it's possible they may use the same internals but then again many cameras use the Ambarella chip too.

Last edited by rgvcam; Sep 8, 2009 at 10:18 AM.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2009, 9:55 AM   #5

Yes they are not identical, but a simular design. And am sure Adalfa, knew that.
Thecam thanko is not the Orginator, or is it? We never know, because there are so many Clones on the market, that resemble each one.

The Samsung is a neat looking cam that is offering 120fps, and time elapse vid/still while not any info about this for the Thanko model.

While other models the Kodak Zi8, Samsung, and JVC shown ALLL do not have any internal, ext flash, or nightshot mode offered from the spec.

We have four leds here, if the company had taken some time to add, a Infrared sensor , this be the topper.

The thanko has Intergrated th Speaker, and mic as ONE, not seperated, they ar on one,so the company, notThanko, has deversified and put to use a excellent design.

The Model comes in 3 res sized . 1280, 1440, and 1920, and many colors.

Sept, has come and soon the Holidays are here, and what will we see?

video of the model is out and can be found, one must dig dep for it. sound is good, video is good, and that I say whatch out.
Old Sep 8, 2009, 10:08 AM   #6

My apologies to all readers(and rgvcam). I think my text is messed up. What I was trying to say was, there's another completely different company/brand, who makes cameras resembling the Samsung HMX-U10(in terms of the bend/angled shape). I didn't mean tht, they were exactly the same. Samsung makes it's own products and Thanko is more likely made by an OEM(in Taiwan) and then branded Thanko. The Thanko can be straigthen out so it's similar to a Flip HD. Again I'm sorry for the misunderstanding(english is not my main language).

Last edited by adalfa; Sep 8, 2009 at 10:11 AM.
adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2009, 10:24 AM   #7

You notice these new videocams are starting to resemble cellphones in their size and shape? The 720p video standard is already starting to appear in cellphones and it can only be a year away before this standard starts to proliferate. Once they start combining these with cellphones that will be a killer combination.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2009, 3:33 PM   #8

The Samsung is released, and those who purchased off of QVC.com when given time , will have videos for the siteto view, if on youtube, vimeo, or other?

By the looks of the topic samsung, a wide angle lese can be modded, and that is a sweet thing. BY the looks of the Thanko the same but I am sure the leds will get in the way, and cause glare?

the Thanko is the only again, the one with a flash, led or nothing.

I hear some say they rather have nothingthen something. and that is what other models are missing , like the Kodak ZI8, and newest Jvc picusa and newer ones.

time will tell, for this Overseas model. time will tell.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 11:15 AM   #9

Good, and bad.

http://www.samsungcamera.com/u10/

But the down loadable catalog brochure has different specs to the online specs. I have downloaded the submarine marketing advertisement. If this truly represents what the camera can do, the sensor looks sweet. However, a max bit rate at 5mb/s for full hd, you have got to be joking. The again, they quote 720p60 in one version oft he specification and 720p30 only in the other, so maybe 5mb is only part of the story. Where is 120fps mentioned, I can't seem to find it.

I wonder if this is true native 10mp, unlike so many others, that would be great.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2009, 1:16 PM   #10

Why I went dod f200 hd but my ticket be for the samsung or kodak. I am unsure if a angled body will hold up.