Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 9, 2009, 7:16 PM   #11

The IFA is over after tonight sept 9th 2009. and I see Aiptek.de has the cam out for the website If I were a rich man (Fiddler on the roof)

wonder id the North American region be after this
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2009, 6:18 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by adalfa View Post
Nice feature. Didn't know that one, fishy. But I've found a cheaper eqvivalent(well not exactly as one is a digital camera and the other a flipstyle camera). Earlier this year at the Computex Taipei, Digilife announced this rather unusual hybrid camera. The Digilife DDV-JF1. Flipstyle camera with built-in projector. Other than this not much is know about the specs.

Digilife DDV-JF1:
- 1280x720p
- 2.5" LCD
- Builit-in Pico projector 640x360 (16:9)
Hmm, I remember suggesting this to a certain company, but these 10 lux units are a bit low. I am thinking of signing up as a developer for a much brighter and powerful display technology that can more easily fit into the case with higher resolution. I have a list of my own designs, but this is market ready and there are more. In the meantime, they could try this other one:
http://lightblueoptics.com/index.htm
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2009, 6:24 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
The IFA is over after tonight sept 9th 2009. and I see Aiptek.de has the cam out for the website If I were a rich man (Fiddler on the roof)

wonder id the North American region be after this
Yeah, thanks adalfa. Really good to see some of the new cameras (that are major improvements, but still no real data-rates like 18 or 24mb/s, or 1080p60, Sanyo, and a number of other top brands, still owns them).
Old Sep 13, 2009, 5:49 PM   #14

Wayne12. I think Sanyo and other top brands will always "own them"(Aiptek, DXG, Digilife and so on) in terms of built quality, video/audio quality and access to manual controls. The low end brands takes babysteps between each newer models in terms of upgrade. Sometimes they even take a step back and downgrade a newer model, as I guess you know.
adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2009, 5:57 PM   #15

Specs on the JVC Picsio GC-FM1. Available in 3 colors. Black Ice, Blue Steel and Purple Passion.
- 1080p (1440x1080) not full HD
- 1280x720 60p
- 8MP Images (does not state interpolated)
- DIS (Digital Image Stabilizer)

http://www.jvc.eu/picsio/specs.html
adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2009, 8:17 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by adalfa View Post
Wayne12. I think Sanyo and other top brands will always "own them"(Aiptek, DXG, Digilife and so on) in terms of built quality, video/audio quality and access to manual controls. The low end brands takes babysteps between each newer models in terms of upgrade. Sometimes they even take a step back and downgrade a newer model, as I guess you know.
I say it for our benefit and their attention. Sanyo also had this. And I can appreciate that if you have the ultimate camera, what will you sell next year, but there is much advancements to be made as technology becomes available.