Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 11, 2009, 12:17 PM   #11

Yeah that's the problem, once they add the phone capability to the mix, this often adds quite a premium and the price goes way up. This is why sometimes it's better to get the device without the phone capability. It's also why you still have an Ipod Touch without a Video camera, as they don't want to pull the rug out from a section of Iphone sales. I do wonder though, what percentage of those who would prefer an Iphone without the phone portion go and get an Iphone anyway despite the cost.

I noticed the smearing of the details but it's hard to be sure it's from the original video when you view it on youtube.com etc.

Do you have any short raw video clips you could post? Have you measured the actual bitrate of the raw video files?
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2009, 7:12 PM   #12

No I have not uploaded anything from this iPod Nano Video. I did buy the phone for two reasons. I love the apps that are out for it and they continue to grow though most are made for the quick buck and don't really do much at all that much for me. Also, the use of the internet is quite good and convenient. I prefer the touch screen keyboard as well.

True that the iTouch has no camera and won't most likely for another generation upgrade or two. It would cut into iPhone sales for sure. If I ever get around to downloading a video file I will PM you about it.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2009, 5:29 PM   #13

It looks like a cool device, though I've never been a fan of Apple products. I found test of it on maclife. It has a lot of funny special effects, that one can add. I especially like the Cyborg and Security Camera effects. Link to uncompressed clips: http://dl.maclife.com/compare_video/...ssedvideos.zip

Thx to Roberto Baldwin of Maclife.
adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2009, 5:43 PM   #14

I had to stop viewing the files. I almost got my wallet out to purchase.

If they can add al those features, orsome I bet they can to thehybrid cams
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2009, 2:16 PM   #15

I do think it's possible to have similar video effects on cheaper hybrid cameras, but I don't think they(aiptet, dxg digilife etc.) will apply it. And just hypothetically if these effects were included, it would only be available to the lower resolution such as 640x480.
adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2009, 3:53 PM   #16

I have the new Ipod and I've been wanting to upload the vidoes I shot onto my computer. But I have no clue how... Can any of you help? And I have no problem posting some raw video, that is once I figure it out...
ps sorry if I didn't post this on the right thread
sunspirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2009, 4:15 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunspirt View Post
I have the new Ipod and I've been wanting to upload the vidoes I shot onto my computer. But I have no clue how... Can any of you help? And I have no problem posting some raw video, that is once I figure it out...
ps sorry if I didn't post this on the right thread

Xp or higher will be recognised by te device and pc.

a cdr/dvdr comes with some units today. We know these devices are plug-play

I suggest you plug the mp3 in to a usb port, and stick the cd in a slot, follow what pops up.

then in my comp locate the drive or device.

once you have that up the rest should be easy

we do not know te pc, if you have the cd or what you did, so I hope that helps out
Old Dec 29, 2009, 7:16 AM   #18

thanks- I'll give it a try right now
sunspirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2010, 12:11 AM   #19

can anyone comment on how long the battery lasts for video RECORDING?
qv98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2010, 5:32 AM   #20

Looks interesting. I was thinking last week, that people make alternative camera programs for the itouch, so it should be possible with the nano. You could record at HD resolution, if the sensor is HD capable. I was going to post a thread on this hear on the new Itouch, which I thought did have HD video?
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote