Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 14, 2010, 8:12 PM   #111

I added another video on my youtube channel of a valet driver who had some fun with my truck... I have REALLY loud airhorns, and he didn't expect it when he honked them in a parking garage with the window open. He had no idea he was being recorded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Eqa8IbcfqM

BTW, this dual-camera view really shows the difference between a 2mm (inside) and 7mm (outside) lens.
erkme73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2010, 8:26 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by westpoint View Post
For a bit of a wider lens, they offer a 4.5mm lens.
The standard is 7.0mm.
Yeah, Gloria recommended that too, but when asked how it attaches to the camera, she said "you sticky it". I assume that means it's an adhesive - something that likely wouldn't hold up well to getting whacked with the sun visor, or to the FL sun/heat on the dash.

I hope they redesign this one - to include a GPS chip and to give the option of a wider lens (internal). Gloria also said dropping the resolution down from 1920x1080 to the next lower one, the vibration issue would go away. Seems like an odd fix - especially considering the 1080P is the major selling point on this unit.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 10:40 PM   #113

I have noticed that at 1920x1080 there is no anti-shake on my F200D. That is why I use 1440x1080, because there is some anti-shake at that setting, and I can't pick any loss in resolution. 1440 uses a slower data rate, so you might have problems with being in a moving vehicle
Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2010, 11:04 PM   #114

I suppose I shouldn't knock it before I try it... But, with the highest resolution, I can darn near zoom in and get tags from on-coming traffic (post-recording). I'd suspect that wouldn't work after dropping it down a notch.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 4:05 AM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkme73 View Post
I added another video on my youtube channel of a valet driver who had some fun with my truck... I have REALLY loud airhorns, and he didn't expect it when he honked them in a parking garage with the window open. He had no idea he was being recorded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Eqa8IbcfqM

BTW, this dual-camera view really shows the difference between a 2mm (inside) and 7mm (outside) lens.

Clearification for me is needed. you are saying that the F500HD has dual rec.

two lenses?
Old Mar 15, 2010, 7:03 AM   #116

No, I stitched the two separate videos together in a post-production editing program (Studio 14 by Pinnacle Systems). That would be a super sweet feature though!
Old Mar 15, 2010, 8:02 AM   #117

dam wished it was!

a great job. I have Pinn 14U I would love to figure that out even the red bullet. has to be my pc not fast enough etc.....

the video did you actually driven the same course ?

I read the home page a 4.5mm optional lense do you have a pic or a link to what the contact is pointing to?

I do have my F200Hd, and would love to opt for the F500Hd but not when i already own the 200Hd lol. I should be happy with what I got.

The interior shot was excellent. low levels looked great.
Old Mar 15, 2010, 8:14 AM   #118

Thanks Fishy. The scenes are identical time-frame. I used the audio of both tracks to get the timing down perfectly. The wide-angled HD720P DVR-007 is GREAT for catching a lot of action, but the low light is not nearly as good as the F500HD. I think it again has to do with the lens, not the sensor. Although when I had both units apart, and the lenses removed, the sensor on the F500HD was noticeably (maybe 25%) larger. I don't know about the differences, but I can tell you the F500HD packing is 200HD with a sticker, so I'm thinking it's only a firmware difference (and maybe something on the hardware to limit the 200HD from being upgraded w/the 500 firmware?).
Old Mar 15, 2010, 10:00 AM   #119

askedDOD- they said firmware and hardware boo hoo. I am happy. but not needing so many cams lol.
its a great daytime cam.

I have different models, this one gives me a time stamp which I like, but the fonts I can no longer deal with LOL
Old Mar 15, 2010, 6:27 PM   #120

erkme73's last video was great!

I ordered the F500HD wide conversion lens and also a camera I didn't notice before, the VR-H1:

What do you think of it:

http://www.dod-tec.com/dm.php?prod=VRH1.jpg

All I need is a construction crane. Specs show 2.0mm 105 degree lens.
westpoint is offline   Reply With Quote