Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 31, 2010, 7:20 PM   #141

Default Vr-h1

Here is another DOD camera, the VR-H1:

F500HD and VR-H1 open box:

Size comparison:

The first thing you notice is the heft of the VR-H1. It is easily double the weight of the F500HD. You feel more confident when you buy something so solid and compact. I guess if it's advertised as a travelling construction crane camera then that is why they've built it so rugged.

Here is the contents:

Lots of goodies including an 2GB micro SD card and an SD converter card.
Hopefully some of the problems listed in a previous post have been corrected. I will let you know what I discover. The best thing so far is that I just love the colorful LED's flashing away when you are charging:

westpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2010, 4:51 AM   #142

Come on westpoint, don't leave us hanging in there... get us some test videos!

Everything looks awesome so far
Old Apr 1, 2010, 10:33 PM   #143

Default dare to compare...

Here are some pictures to compare the F500HD, the VR-H1, and another camera I'm calling the "oval cam" (which I posted a picture of earlier).

Left = F500HD 1920x1080 (7.0mm Lens)
Right = F500HD with optional Wide Angle Lens (4.5mm Lens)

BOTTOM
Left = VR-H1 1280x1024 very wide (2.0mm Lens)
Right = "oval cam" 640x480 (guessing around 3.5-4mm)

Take your pick as to what you want.

640x480 is nice to watch but you'll be kicking yourself if you need to read a license plate. The VR-H1 with the very wide lens sure would help when you get broadsided by some Ruprecht who runs a red.

I'm sticking with the highest resolution F500HD with the Wide Angle Lens attached even though the VR-H1 is the most colorful and compact.

Comments?

Old Apr 1, 2010, 11:26 PM   #144

That VR-H1 is pretty impressive. And much better colors too Can you give us some cropped pieces of the image (say, one of the cars or houses), so we can compare resolution and detail in the images?

Thanks muchly
Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2010, 11:29 PM   #145

This should be a link to the 640x480 oval cam video clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjLpNYcitYY

This one should be for the VR-H1 clip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwn_SDzJdQ0
Old Apr 2, 2010, 12:00 AM   #146

Default resolution rules

F500HD

oval cam

VR-H1
Old Apr 2, 2010, 12:54 AM   #147

Thanks for the samples westpoint. It makes me think that maybe.. just maybe, it would be great having the VR-H1 lens on the F500HD body.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 8:32 AM   #148

Thanks for posting those pics, westpoint.

The wide conversion lens on the F500HD does make quite a big difference, but the VR-H1 looks pretty impressive too.

Any chance you could upload a sample video of the F500HD with the wide conversion lens?

Also, for some reason youtube won't allow the VR-H1 video which you uploaded to be played in 720p; how did you convert the video?
You might need to do something to the video before uploading it to youtube.

Thanks again.
GSDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2010, 6:16 PM   #149

Here is a link to the F500HD with Wide Lens attached:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKRnPuGUg0g

Resolution doesn't match original video right now. Hopefully it will when youtube finishes processing it. I need to read up on why youtube video resolution doesn't match original file. I didn't do any conversions...

erkme73 has a whole bunch of videos that do a better job comparing cameras. Here is one of them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn2oT...eature=related
Old Apr 3, 2010, 6:44 PM   #150

Where I have a Ad up if anyone here as well pm.

Camcorder: DOD F200Hd 1080P
This is a Camcorder Hybrid, called Dream of Digi-technology. It is a 1080P 10920x1080, 1440x1080, 1280x720, and 858x480 with WVGA 60fps(858x480)stills of 5 mb, 8 mb interpolated.

This cam costs around 150 plus, and am selling due to Small font on screen, and one day updating to newer version called the Dod F500hd.

This cam is in perfect working order and was used for my testing purposes.

This cam takes excellent daytime shots and fair night time shots It is not a canon rebel it is a Pc low budget economy hybrid cam.

videos taken with this cam can be seen here the playlist .http://www.youtube.com/my_playlists?p=09BCC3F7CDDCE00E

the Price i am asking is fair due to cosmetic wear and lens front indentation I like to call scratch to the ring.

I am including a 512 sdhc card this cam has minimal internal memory enough to take around 30 secs vid max 128 mb max battery last up to 1hr plus under 90 minutes on all cams.

Feel free to ask any questions,
The Price is $100.00 shipped USPO Priority, USA Domestic. Preferred cash (lol) Paypal will do , so I'll be stuck buying something lol., or Money order at least i can have the cash lol.

I must say No refunds so make sure you're interested. feel free again to ask away in here , private messge . thank you

<DIV itxtvisited="1">__________________
Underdog: [whenever something goes wrong] I am a hero who never fails, I can't be bothered with such details.