Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 17, 2010, 3:35 PM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by westpoint View Post
Here is a link to the F500HD with Wide Lens attached:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKRnPuGUg0g

Resolution doesn't match original video right now. Hopefully it will when youtube finishes processing it. I need to read up on why youtube video resolution doesn't match original file. I didn't do any conversions...
Don't know how I missed all these new posts. WP, thanks for posting the vids w/the new 4mm lens. They look great. Your posted video has a lot of vibration in it. I'm glad to know it's the camera and not just my set up.

Since i've opted to run with both the DVR-007 (2mm) and the F500HD, I'm going to stay with the OEM 7. It's just too cool to be able to take recorded video and pause it, zoom in, and read tags and other fine detail. I'm afraid that's lost with any narrower lens.

BTW, when I play back my 1920x1080 video, there is a lot of motion blur - which, it turns out, is because of my playback computer/monitor. If I play back one frame at a time, it's razor sharp and can read the "MACK" under the bull dog on a MACK TRUCK coming at me in the opposing lane of traffic.

Last edited by erkme73; Apr 17, 2010 at 3:39 PM.
erkme73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2010, 11:04 PM   #152

can someone post nighttime recordings?

how long does the battery last?

Last edited by mitsekatse; Apr 18, 2010 at 2:15 PM.
mitsekatse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 3:50 PM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsekatse View Post
can someone post nighttime recordings?

how long does the battery last?
Specify to which cam you are asking the topic is for the F200 & 500 only while the other one was mixed in .

nighttime shots are improved with the 500, while the 200hd is up on youtube and on main page.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 6:43 PM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
nighttime shots are improved with the 500
Fishy, in your opinion, is the better low-light performance from a better sensor, better optics, or better noise reduction?

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 7:23 PM   #155

I do not own the 500hd. but seeing the video or video's presented, it is a step up. improved.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 1:06 AM   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by erkme73 View Post
Don't know how I missed all these new posts..
I tossed the idea of hanging the F500HD via the tripod mount screw. It was too wobbly.

For the F500HD I now use the included rectangular bracket. It is held to the top of the windshield near the rear view mirror using steel epoxy putty.

I also have the VR-H1 running next to the F500HD. I again used putty to hold a screw that the VR-H1 threads onto. The video is upside down but that's easy to fix.

Both are fed using one modified USB cable that runs down to my cig. lighter socket. Power up starts both. In time I plan to feed power to both from my overhead console.
As pointed out earlier, the VR-H1 doesn't shut down with power off. I don't bother charging the battery so the only time the VR-H1 records is when it's receiving USB power.

The black aluminum case of the VR-H1 gets smokin' hot when my truck sits out in the sun. I hope the heat doesn't ruin the cam.

Next up is using that old oval cam I mentioned before to capture rear facing action while driving.
westpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2010, 8:49 AM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Specify to which cam you are asking the topic is for the F200 & 500 only while the other one was mixed in .

nighttime shots are improved with the 500, while the 200hd is up on youtube and on main page.
why would anyone ask anything about older model if the new one is out?
Old Apr 19, 2010, 9:33 AM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsekatse View Post
why would anyone ask anything about older model if the new one is out?
I say this is the DOD f200 thread, and then added the 500 to it. so if you're so interested in a Dod F500Hd, what re you basing it on? the f200hd thread an not one so do not dig through the beginning
it be OLD
Old Apr 20, 2010, 9:22 AM   #159

how did you people get it for USD90? i was quoted 168$ :S (+ shipping)
Old Jun 19, 2010, 8:48 AM   #160

A stripped down F200HD rip-off for $51

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.37945

Only 1280x720, different menus, by the look of it. But looking awfully familiar otherwise...
Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote