Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 24, 2009, 6:10 PM   #21

wow eyeyeyeye, now working perfectly with vlc
you have also to prove with kmplayer, very nice.
Thanks a lot friend, you saved me.
regards from Spain
odioapeterpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2009, 8:34 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by odioapeterpan View Post
wow eyeyeyeye, now working perfectly with vlc
you have also to prove with kmplayer, very nice.
Thanks a lot friend, you saved me.
regards from Spain

so how do you like the DOD f 200HD
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2009, 8:47 PM   #23

Fishy,
the detail of the wallpaper in your AMBA0052.MOV (pizza movie) is really impressive. Good resolution!

Does this recorder stop recording after 30 minutes, 58 minutes (4gig), or does it keep on recording as long as the battery can last? I just ordered a Sanyo Xacti CG10 because that keep recording beyond the 1 hour point (even though it pauses momentarily).
Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2009, 8:56 PM   #24

Fishy,
I can't see the camera on the Walmart website. What is its UPC number under the barcode? When I have that I can call some of the local stores
Old Oct 25, 2009, 4:39 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevmar View Post
Fishy,
I can't see the camera on the Walmart website. What is its UPC number under the barcode? When I have that I can call some of the local stores
This cam came direct from Hong Kong, you are saying this cam is at walmarts website?

This will not be in a Wal-mart.com site,
Old Oct 25, 2009, 4:42 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevmar View Post
Fishy,
the detail of the wallpaper in your AMBA0052.MOV (pizza movie) is really impressive. Good resolution!

Does this recorder stop recording after 30 minutes, 58 minutes (4gig), or does it keep on recording as long as the battery can last? I just ordered a Sanyo Xacti CG10 because that keep recording beyond the 1 hour point (even though it pauses momentarily).
Hd1080P 1920x1080 resolution, the funn thing I found out the DODF200HD's filescan be transferred directly into theKodak'scam and play without conversion, I know have to try theopposite out.

The resolution isgreat during any daytime scenerio, but will be like any other camera at night.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 7:05 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
This cam came direct from Hong Kong
Sorry, my mistake about Walmart. I see the camera is available from OnSources in HongKong for $139.99
http://tinyurl.com/yh8jche

and from Ansbo a little cheaper than that, if you can transact business in Chinese:
http://tinyurl.com/ylqrrtl

At this point my favored Hong Kong supplier, DealExtreme, does not have it. Can you suggest anybody else who might be selling it cheaply?

IMPORTANT: Fishy, it is very important for me to know how long this camera records continuously. Does it record over the 4GB FAT32 file break like the newer Sanyo models do? They pause to flush files at 4GB, and then continue on recording after a pause (if you have a large SDHC card, of course). The website at http://f200hd.chintaho.com.tw/02_en.htm says that it records 40 minutes on a 4Gig card and 80minutes on an 8Gig. But is that without stopping?

Last edited by Trevmar; Oct 25, 2009 at 7:23 AM.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 7:18 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
so how do you like the DOD f 200HD
Well, the first thing i thought was about its weitgh, very light. But also didnīt like the materials, buttons etc, seems poor. I have a vado hd and the materials quality looks better.
But the important thing, resolution 1080i, has impressed me, maybe a bit of granulate, but well...
I miss an appropiate internal memory, you need an sd card and iīm thinking about a sdhc 32gb, even they are very expensive.
Can you tell me about an aproppiate sdhc for this cam?
regards guys
odioapeterpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2009, 7:31 AM   #29

You may also find best prices from china wholesale
RCapps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2009, 7:38 AM   #30

Aha - I see it is assembled in Shenzen:

http://www.huiyuankm.com.cn/en/product.asp?page=3

for a Taiwan manufacturer (DOD).

The variation in price seems to depend on whether the camera 'fell off the back of a truck' in Shenzen. It is also possible that it is being sold more cheaply into the Chinese market. I have walked through several major Electronics Markets in mainland China, and the product would need to be under $150 to generate excitement there.

ps: Can anybody tell me how long it records continuously if you just set it recording for a lecture (etc) which lasts longer than 40minutes (the 4GB limit).