Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 25, 2009, 7:50 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevmar View Post
IMPORTANT: Fishy, it is very important for me to know how long this camera records continuously. Does it record over the 4GB FAT32 file break like the newer Sanyo models do? They pause to flush files at 4GB, and then continue on recording after a pause (if you have a large SDHC card, of course). The website at http://f200hd.chintaho.com.tw/02_en.htm says that it records 40 minutes on a 4Gig card and 80minutes on an 8Gig. But is that without stopping?

Trevmar.. no problem I am never perfect LOL

1 the price I paid was139.00 shipped, so ifin that range i say purchase.

2. I am now running the cam, the battery life depends on each model and battery use. we want to make sure itruns to depletion of battery.

That will be 50 minutes give or take. I do have the supplied adaptor plugged in and there are no signs of AC power, just the standard battery icon. I am at a 4 gigsdhc card, and on WVGA, over 2 hours ofrecord time, if it passes 28 minutes, and 40 minutes, it's unlimited to the sdhc, or battery run.

3. As I own this for a good time. there is wear, and I only had it in my pocket, in the console of my car beside me, and the back screen plastic shows the color faded out.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2009, 8:02 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by odioapeterpan View Post
Well, the first thing i thought was about its weight, very light. But also didnīt like the materials, buttons etc, seems poor. I have a vado hd and the materials quality looks better.
But the important thing, resolution 1080i, has impressed me, maybe a bit of granulate, but well...
I miss an appropiate internal memory, you need an sd card and iīm thinking about a sdhc 32gb, even they are very expensive.
Can you tell me about an aproppiate sdhc for this cam?
regards guys
a sdhc card isall prefrence, I gotten a 16 gb a lot less money and yet to use it, as I have a trip on it, andwill edit andsave on the pc , when finished I will then format it to use again.

thebuttons I like only the mouse lol otherwise as in the pic thecam showswear,way to soon, happy not upset, always find paint to fix.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 8:10 AM   #33

trevmar:

on 30 minutes the cam is still recording, and showing full battery.

Old Oct 25, 2009, 8:33 AM   #34

ATP (all test passed)

the cam is at the 1 hour mark, there is no need to continure recording.

this shows the cam I (I) have will record one full hour uninterrupted, and to either the battery depleted, or sd card full, with the supplied USB ac adapter the cam isstill at full.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 8:42 AM   #35

But you are recording in WVGA. I was rather wondering what would happen with a 16GB or 32GB card in full HD. I guess I will just have to buy one to find out. Thanks for your help, in any case.

The menu has a "Recycle" option: 15 min / 30min /45 minutes. I had thought that might be when it flushes its SD card buffer. The PDF manual really doesn't explain this.

The DOD press release seems to be saying a 1/2 inch CMOS sensor, which would account for it being reasonably good in your low-light comparison.
Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2009, 9:05 AM   #36

Fishy - I found the following translated text in a Japanese review:
"Continuous shooting shooting 4GB file to automatically and seamlessly over the divide"
so it sounds as though it does in fact record over the 4GB file size limit.

Google translation from: http://tinyurl.com/ykrvteu

That page also has a picture of the unit disassembled
He adds a bigger C-mount lens to his unit
Notice that he has also put in a much larger battery than the original NP-60

From another user - here is the camera being shot up in a rocket. So a few scratches on the case could be expected, I think
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pZbTn2GEBg

Last edited by Trevmar; Oct 25, 2009 at 9:15 AM. Reason: additional info
Old Oct 25, 2009, 9:15 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevmar View Post
But you are recording in WVGA. I was rather wondering what would happen with a 16GB or 32GB card in full HD. I guess I will just have to buy one to find out. Thanks for your help, in any case.

The menu has a "Recycle" option: 15 min / 30min /45 minutes. I had thought that might be when it flushes its SD card buffer. The PDF manual really doesn't explain this.

The DOD press release seems to be saying a 1/2 inch CMOS sensor, which would account for it being reasonably good in your low-light comparison.
Trevmar,

1. re-running test in hd1080P 16 gb card my paypal account for donations is ******

I must correct myself:

to bypass the dc batterry, I have turned camera ON, set up the cam, hit record, then plugged in the USB chargercable.
If I plug in thecable first the cam will not turn to the live feed, itwill charge.

If Icome back by 30 minutes and battery has shown wear then this theory is out the door. 30 minutes would be sufficuent for a record test correct? I will see how far i can go before I go. LOL

2. there are two options on the settings recycle, and duration.

A duration. set to the desired time hit record, walk away, the cam will record and then stop.

B recycle set to desired time hit record the cam will repeat for example (main page I have this info) 1 minuted. will film 1 minute create file, film another one minute crreate file, to the cam is stopped, or memory full.

they are neat settings but wish it had a time lapse instead.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 9:24 AM   #38

I think that 45 minutes will be necessary to make sure that you have recorded a 4GB file. The manual says that you get 40 minutes full HD on a 4GB card, so you would want to run a little beyond that You should end up with a 4GB file, and a smaller one, starting where the first left off.

Last edited by Trevmar; Oct 25, 2009 at 9:41 AM.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 9:32 AM   #39

the test is running and you'll get the answer later today will let run out. 15 minutes in
Old Oct 25, 2009, 1:17 PM   #40

about 10:45 or so I stepped away and back 2 hrs 15 min 48 secs i see a saved file would that be good enough for ya?

battery may have depleted, cord was out when I picked the cam up, thecord is 2 feet long , not long enough.

I wanted to see itrun dry, unsure now if we have AC power