Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 10, 2009, 3:36 PM   #1

Default questions ,suggestions comments f200hd

feel free to post your inquerry here for the mean time till I am setto open andfinish with te f200hd. I do need time and will be happy to answer as i write my review

like to help just post in here not perfect,
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 10, 2009, 3:47 PM   #2

Cool! I didn't know you were getting one of those. I'll expect raw samples of course
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2009, 4:40 PM   #3

Shown a odel abck when the webbie was around. and I was happy when I ordered the 1920 model, and the samsung wasshown. iam so tempted to purchase te Samsung for the time lapse and 120fps etc.. charging when I have time as the weather as always will be bad rain. neverfailswith the review LOL.

raw footage will be forsure example: go in the supermarket grab a apple each ccolor and tak, get yelled at bumped into LOL gotta love New york.

thanks FISHYC
Old Sep 11, 2009, 2:07 PM   #4

I see the sample video is very noisy inside. It seems the camera uses the Ambarella chip as well. The bitrate is only 8Mbps though for 1920x1080. The audio is 128Kbps AAC which is why it sounds good of course.

I wonder if the video in a better lit indoor situation such as that supermarket you were on about would be better. I sure hope the outside video is better anyway!
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2009, 2:54 PM   #5

paitience LOL

We must remember 720p is perfected, and 1080P (1920) now is at its beginning stages. so anything on the market NEW in 1080p of hybrids will be yep aweful at first.

I have clips for today, and need some time to get up. I am rendering one right now and magix is a challange , now with 1920 LOL I may need to use 12, and not 15 LOL

I was able to film outdoors but I was notset correctly for theshot, and only my bottom half shown. I have a shot ofwaves. rain rain in
and always my reviews with new cam, the weather is bad LOL
Old Sep 11, 2009, 6:56 PM   #6

Well, looks like another vote for the new Samsung, Kodak or RCA, new Sanyo, for me. The scarlet camera I am waiting for has been delayed again, and the hispeed is malfunctioning and in need of improvement, with no firmware update, so I am in need of a new pocket camera.

No 60p HD, I normally tell people buying for a personal camera not to bother unless it has a 60p mode, unfortunately the existing 720p60 modes are starved (they really need 12mb/s-18mb/s+). I have done footage where birds flying past are irritating flashy rectangles, joke even for consumer).

This looks the same as the Thanko models. Still, what happened to the claimed 12mb/s, i think even the original 1080p partHD Aipteks could manage better image at 9mb/s. It really need to push the codec up to the full 12mb/s for this clip, big blotching was very evident. The ambarella clip of the keyboard on the other hand was less noisy, and much better defined (but it was just a static keyboard). It used nearly 6mb/s 720p30, much better then the existing sub 4 mb/s modes. But, it still had some compression ringing around the letters on the keys (because the compression is too high), even though it was a pretty simple, scene. What is needed is 9mb/s 720p30 and 18mb/s 720p60, as I have said for years.

1080p is well understood, and sensors that support it, but the problem is for these low end companies getting cheap sensors that do in binning mode (8 mpixel native 16:9 + more in narrower sensor formats etc).

Plenty of auto 3D lcd (no devices needed to view) and 3D TV's (main shunter glasses 100-240hz) bring on the stereo 3D with location direction angle geo-tagging, next gen.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2009, 7:24 PM   #7

Remembered now why I came here to post. Imagine a camera review done by this guy :

http://qanda.abc.net.au/_Old-Jacks-A...960/30560.html

Last edited by Wayne12; Sep 11, 2009 at 7:27 PM. Reason: Wrong link address.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2009, 7:28 PM   #8

sory its a q & a page to register
I faintly recall.

was that the one where the guy bashs the cams? abuses them.
Old Sep 13, 2009, 5:37 PM   #9

Awesome! Congrats on your new hybrid, Fishycomics. I was thinking of getting this one myself, but still can't decide between this(f200hd) and the Samsung HMX-U10, Kodak Zi8 and maybe the tiny Aiptek PenCam Trio HD. The Kodak is sadly still not available her in Europe. The Samsung likewise.

Looking forward to some more test videos, but I guess the weather isn't up for it yet, as also the US Open matches was delayed a couple of days.
adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2009, 7:16 PM   #10

Loaded the clips up. wil edit in correctly to the topic.

thesun did work out late, and i have bike one, so that will be later, to edit, need to make it in parts as the program has issues with certain sizes. lol.

This is a decent cam. grab something on the go. and you're contented.

I am so tempted , just to getthe Samsung. should have when it wasa steal on the tv show, and it would have been in already. well. I can, pay full price lol

I think the kodak, samsung be the ticket
ifkodak had slowmo in the cam I be set.

thanks for the comment appricated