Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 23, 2009, 2:09 PM   #1

Default New Aiptek AHD Z700 "Extreme"

According to Slashcam.com, Aiptek will release a modified version of the popular AHD Z700. This model will have the "Extreme" name added. This new version "only" adds few new updates such as Full HD(1920x1080) in 30p. Face detection(video or photo mode?). It will be available in October for an estimated price of $199.

adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 23, 2009, 2:18 PM   #2

Nice. I think it's good they are updating the GVS to Full HD. I think this is definitely Aiptek's best camera to date. I much prefer manufacturers take an existing model and improve it. I only wish Jazz would've done the same with their little gem the HDV178.

It would be nice though if they could improve the color saturation a bit. I have noticed that when I do close up shots or macros the coloration seems to be much better than a general scene shot. Vegetation especially appears dull although it's seems to be not far of true life color. Just the under saturation makes it look worse than it really is, so a bit of over saturation would be nice. Of course I don't want them to overdo it as I am not a fan of over saturation either especially with reds etc.

Last edited by rgvcam; Sep 23, 2009 at 2:20 PM.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2009, 2:31 PM   #3

I hear absolute no news.

I would love to update to 1920x1080 res with the GVS
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2009, 3:29 PM   #4

If this is all and dont buy one. But if saturation is better and the stabilisation in all Videomodes is working propper i will buy one for sure. And for me it can cost more if necessary, cause i like the Aiptek Cam.

Ahh before i forget, Soundcontrol will be good also. :-)

Excuse my english, i know it is not the best.

Canon Powershot S95
Panasonic HDC SD-10 with sunshade.
Juggernauter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2009, 3:56 PM   #5

The New Model looks like it will have HDMI port.

Now would this new Model, have full access to stabilization in all modes?

Or will we have again a 1280x720, and 858x480 known as HD720P, WVGA 16:9 ratio.

It is, and will be Sad to see Aiptek TOYING with the public like this, offering a better cam with a lot less features.

the Cam are already made and in production for shipment, I bet?
and I am sure all of us who own the Z700/ gvs could have had a new update in firmware for a full 1080P 1920x1080?

I love to test this out, and leets se if andwhen one is released OCtober is around the corner WOW!

The Most perfect example I can give you:

Aiptek A HD 720P model, and soon after the Aiptek A HD+ 1080p

http://www.tomshardware.com/de/fotos...7----jpg-.html

http://hiperdef.com/2009/09/ifa-2009...ptek-z700-y-h5

Last edited by fishycomics; Sep 23, 2009 at 4:11 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2009, 5:07 PM   #6

I think this is some needed but minor improvements. I definitely won't be buying one, only because I already have a Sanyo HD1010. Even if I only had the GVS I still wouldn't as I couldn't justify spending another $200 just for Full HD and a couple of minor tweaks.

However it will be good replacement for their current GVS for new customers and hopefully they will sort the audio although I won't hold my breath!

I have always wondered why stabilization only in the 60p modes. This seems like it's an Ambarella chip feature as the DXG 595v is the same. Anyone know why?

I have to say that I can't see it operating even in those modes anyway. Now despite what camcorder info.com says, you *can* see it operating on my Sanyo HD1010, quite dramatically in fact but of course it only works if you are stationary. It doesn't work when you are walking.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2009, 5:53 PM   #7

Could not agree more,

We went from many models of Aiptek, and why the two I mention are the Most benificial ones. they are and were the best models to purchase.

Aiptek always tries their best, and always tries to correct, and offer support, if suppor was satasfactory, or not. They are Old school, and need o be more modern, and foward.

If i had to dish two more bills for something we already own, It be hard to persuede the followers here. New owners will benifet, old owners will need to decide their fate, if their pcs can handel 3.0 or higher in a larger bit rate.

remember slow pcs suffer with HD1080p why the A-HD, and AHD+ are ideal at 2.0 ghz

sound , video, never both yo get one or the other with Aiptek LOL
Old Sep 24, 2009, 1:59 AM   #8

I have seen that the AHD H5 extreme is also new. Some German pages reported good news for that cam but i am not sure that they are real, could be fake too.

Whait for more news and infos from german sites and will post it also for the z700 extreme.

UPDATE: The AHD H5 Extreme has no Stabilisation !!! Not good Aiptek, not good.

Excuse my english, i know it is not the best.

Canon Powershot S95
Panasonic HDC SD-10 with sunshade.

Last edited by Juggernauter; Sep 24, 2009 at 2:04 AM.
Juggernauter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2009, 2:34 AM   #9

While there seems to be no stabilization on the AHD H5 Extreme, the image seems to be more stable (less shaking) than with other cams I tried. Can be training though, of course. See also here, I added my review there: http://forums.steves-digicams.com/hy...hd-h5-pro.html
Koepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2009, 2:58 AM   #10

bad ethnics, it's called????

gvs = gryoscopic video stabilization

LOL

NEW NAME AIPTEK, new name
then what has just hapened, not enough sales, or over produced th GVS, and added new firmware to make the GVS extreme 1920x1080. oh man we're in for a suprize.