Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 7, 2009, 1:36 AM   #11

This can be the same, but mine has not the K in the Name and i have one more Recording Mode with name SD Mode. There are more Display Languages too. Maybe the K in the Name is the color, mine is silver but looks to be the same when i look on the picture of your link.

The Weather will not be good tomorrow, maybe i go out next week on tuesday for a video. Will see and i give you a note.

Excuse my english, i know it is not the best.

Canon Powershot S95
Panasonic HDC SD-10 with sunshade.
Juggernauter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2009, 8:22 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernauter View Post
This can be the same, but mine has not the K in the Name and i have one more Recording Mode with name SD Mode. There are more Display Languages too. Maybe the K in the Name is the color, mine is silver but looks to be the same when i look on the picture of your link.

The Weather will not be good tomorrow, maybe i go out next week on tuesday for a video. Will see and i give you a note.
Probably because this is the US version and yours is the European version so there may be some slight differences but otherwise they seem to be the same specwise:

http://www.panasonic.de/html/de_DE/P...trackInfo=true

though you said yours has an extra SD mode which I don't see on either of these? I assume this meaning a standard definition mode?
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2009, 3:57 PM   #13

Give you the answer after the call with panasonic support on thursday or after the meeting in munich with them.

Canon Powershot S95
Old Oct 8, 2009, 11:13 AM   #14

Hello, itīs me :-)

What a day man. First i had a phonecall with Panasonic Support Germany. I make it short.
- My Cam seems to be one of the first Productionline, they find it out over the Serialnumber, the ones saled now have no more SD Mode. I dont care, i dont use it.
- All Cams have a 1,17 MP Sensor not a 2,1 MP Sensor like my Manual says. They had bad Series of Manuals with the wrong MP Size.
- They offer me to send back the Cam and get another one with correct Manual and another Firmware. But there is no need
because nothing changed in the Firmware only the SD Mode is switched off.

So for me, i will keep this Cam. I made a Video today and uploaded it to Youtube. The Weather was not the best but i think it is OK so far.

Resume:
Cam works pretty fine, good Videoquality under good light conditions. Not under bad light. You can see this on the Video too.
I hope, that next Tuesday i have Time to make a Video under Sunlight Conditions and than will see how the Quality is.

You pay some Euros or Dollars for the minimalistic Size of the Cam. So if you can get the Cam for 300 Euros this will be a good deal.
I payed 440 Euros and this is a bit too high for it.

But will see, next week i go to Munich and meet there a Person from Panasonic, will talk about Cams and than maybe will get ... dont know.

For now i am happy with that Cam and i will use it, also in fact of the size which fits pretty good in the Pocket of my Jeans.

BTW: Until Zoom 5x you can hold it still and the OIS works but over 5x Zoom it is hard. A Tripod will be a good thing.
May i look for one like this one in the picture but must be lightweight. :-)

BTW II:
My best results on Youtube i get when i shot the Video in best possible Quality, today that resumes to 2,2 GB.
Than convert it to wmv with 4000 kbs to a resolution of 1280x720 with 25 fps.
Software i use the one which came with my Aiptek Z700.
The only thing is to rename the Videofiles from m2t to mpg before converting.

So after all my stupid english i hope you know what i wrote here ;-)

Link to the Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4C-W78jKCA
Attached Images

Canon Powershot S95
Old Oct 8, 2009, 3:08 PM   #15

No problems at all with your English, trust me!

I liked the video. Love the varied scenery.

So did you buy yours brand new? I wonder why they disabled the SD mode.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2009, 3:43 PM   #16

Yes was brand new, i wonder too. Thought it can be a sent back one. Why no more SD Mode? A good question. But as i have seen the hx, he, hg modus of the cam, i know why, you cant use them. The Quality there is too bad there are streaks on the edge of some images. The only way to make good videos is use the best quality mode named ha and than convert it like i posted before.

This gives you the best results.

Canon Powershot S95