Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Oct 3, 2009, 4:15 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Juggernauter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bavaria
Posts: 210
Default Thanks to all ...

i make it short, thanks to all here for tips and infos. i have a new cam panasonic hdc sd10 and will use it.

but several times i will take my aiptek cams with me

why that? i wanted a better one. i will take a look from time to time in this part of the forums, searching for fishy video and rgvcam and so on.

have a nice time and thank you.
__________________
Best regards
Juggernauter

Excuse my english, i know it is not the best.

Canon Powershot S95
Panasonic HDC SD-10 with sunshade.
Juggernauter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 3, 2009, 4:30 PM   #2
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,623
Default

Always Welcomed. as we move on to better cams. i tend to miss the old ones I owned.

As you're always welcomed here just remember to post those clips so all can share . no matter what cam its from
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2009, 10:53 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernauter View Post
i make it short, thanks to all here for tips and infos. i have a new cam panasonic hdc sd10 and will use it.

but several times i will take my aiptek cams with me

why that? i wanted a better one. i will take a look from time to time in this part of the forums, searching for fishy video and rgvcam and so on.

have a nice time and thank you.
Cool! The Panasonics have the best OIS in the business. A friend and I tested an SD model once and compared it on and off on a long zoom model. We were impressed. The OIS on the Canon HF100 I tried just wasn't as impressive in my opinion.

Most of us have other camera brands as well so you'll always be welcome here
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2009, 4:06 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Juggernauter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bavaria
Posts: 210
Default

So first time with panasonic cam and first two shots made under normal quality and without tripod.

Night Zoom: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnXFxkoooO0

Morningtime Zoom: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLm74OJp4hY

When the weather is better next week i will make some more of them inside and outside, but than with best quality setting. Need a better Videocard and Software first. ;-)

But, believe me, the Aiptek z700 makes better still images than this cam, but the ois is very good and the quality of the videos better than the aiptek.

resume, take both with you, one for image one for video
__________________
Best regards
Juggernauter

Excuse my english, i know it is not the best.

Canon Powershot S95
Panasonic HDC SD-10 with sunshade.
Juggernauter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2009, 6:14 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernauter View Post
So first time with panasonic cam and first two shots made under normal quality and without tripod.

Night Zoom: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnXFxkoooO0

Morningtime Zoom: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLm74OJp4hY

When the weather is better next week i will make some more of them inside and outside, but than with best quality setting. Need a better Videocard and Software first. ;-)

But, believe me, the Aiptek z700 makes better still images than this cam, but the ois is very good and the quality of the videos better than the aiptek.

resume, take both with you, one for image one for video
I like to take more than one camera with me if only for the fact that I have on occasion thought I'd charged one only to find I hadn't LOL Backup is better than nothing in this case! Sometimes you have those days where you literally have a comedy of errors and nothing goes right!

Could you post some still images from the Panasonic for comparison purposes?
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2009, 6:23 PM   #6
Moderator
 
fishycomics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: NYC NY
Posts: 9,623
Default

yes please post b/c I need to be convenced that the GVS is the better
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2009, 2:16 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Juggernauter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bavaria
Posts: 210
Default

So here are 3 Pictures i made today morning, the light is not the best so maybe the cam can make better ones under sunlight.

but beware of your eyes, the pictures from that cam are a horror.
or should i say, look at your own risk.

http://picasaweb.google.de/saperalot...eat=directlink

But believe me, i made a video at this morning under the best quality and they are very good. i hope for good weather on thursday. because i want to shot a video from our deers and mountain pasture. i will upload it to youtube and give you a note.
__________________
Best regards
Juggernauter

Excuse my english, i know it is not the best.

Canon Powershot S95
Panasonic HDC SD-10 with sunshade.
Juggernauter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2009, 2:20 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,084
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernauter View Post
So here are 3 Pictures i made today morning, the light is not the best so maybe the cam can make better ones under sunlight.

but beware of your eyes, the pictures from that cam are a horror.
or should i say, look at your own risk.

http://picasaweb.google.de/saperalot...eat=directlink

But believe me, i made a video at this morning under the best quality and they are very good. i hope for good weather on thursday. because i want to shot a video from our deers and mountain pasture. i will upload it to youtube and give you a note.
I see what you mean, they are worse than I would've thought compared to the Aiptek. It seems they are basically video captures right?

You know, I remember that I was looking at this model myself but noticed that the sensor size is only 1.47MP?! This is lower than the Full HD resolution, so I assume it must interpolate? Why would they use a sensor that has a lower resolution than needed. Anyone care to explain this?
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2009, 4:02 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Juggernauter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bavaria
Posts: 210
Default

Yes you right, thats what i thought as i have seen the first pictures i took. I think also that they are videoshots, cause why they are in 16:9? and no word on the Quality.

But to be honest:
A Videocam is for Video and a Digitalcam for Pictures.

The Sensor is a 2,1 MP Sensor, thats what the Manual says. For the Videoquality the Cam has i think thats right. Remember i bought a German Version but i dont think that there are different ones.

The next one i bought these Days was a Canon Powershot S80 from Ebay. Nice Cam for a few Euros. Makes nice Pictures.

What Cam next? Dont know for now, but will see ... I like testing Devices.
__________________
Best regards
Juggernauter

Excuse my english, i know it is not the best.

Canon Powershot S95
Panasonic HDC SD-10 with sunshade.
Juggernauter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2009, 7:00 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,084
Default

Is this your model? http://tinyurl.com/ye39rqw

In the down-loadable specs it says total pixels on the sensor are 1.47MP but the that the effective pixels are:

1.17 megapixels [16:9] [Motion Image]
1.17 megapixels [16:9] [Still Image]

Which is actually worse than I thought!
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:09 PM.