Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 8, 2009, 12:42 PM   #1

Default Kodak Zi6 at Target for $79.88

Went to Target looking at aiptek A HD 720+ and they had the Kodak Zi6 for $79.88 on clearance. I bought one, but am reconsidering because it only does 60 fps at 720p, but the Aiptek will do dvd/60fps. I will be filming indoors and out, some will be high speed action (racecars on the track). I am not sure my computer (laptop AMD turion tl60/2 gig ram vista) will be happy trying to play 720p/60fps. May go back for the Aiptek, but I have heard there is no support for it anymore and there is a sound voume issue. What do you guys think?

Last edited by sbeach; Oct 8, 2009 at 1:07 PM.
sbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 8, 2009, 1:09 PM   #2

1 Aiptek does 720P hd 60 fps, and the Kodak the same.

2 Aiptek support team no longer.

What the problem wit hthe Aiptek A HD, A HD+, they are a olderstyle or model, and have gone as far as teh could with the Firmware. 2.002 they believe they got the best firmware out, while the sound has been lowered, and not a good thing.
I own the AHD with 1.6 fw, and A HD+ 2.002, wish I left the Firmware of the A-HD+ to the orginal b/c I have a few gains higher.

Aiptek gave up on a gret model and that I requested for a fix, and they no longer support answes.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2009, 1:19 PM   #3

So, the real question is which firmware it will come with and no way to know without purchase. Poops. What did they replace the A-HD with?
Old Oct 8, 2009, 1:22 PM   #4

with te AHD+ of course,

if you look at the pkg the code is there tells you what firmware is on it its a hidden secret

86-142-22321-000v1.0 that would have the arcsoft disk older versions did not the firmware should be the older not newer.
Old Oct 9, 2009, 4:57 PM   #5

So, as it stands with support or lack there of from Aiptek, does it make sense to buy the A-HD 720? I can get it for $99.99 from my local target. Does the video shake like the ones I see from the Zi6?
Old Oct 9, 2009, 6:29 PM   #6

support via a phonecall may be needed, its still the best way to communicate, rather email, when one can clearly explain their issues. Aiptek does not have a Auto-responsesystem and that is why some get frustrated, they email to never get a reply. with Kodak, you will get a auto reply withing 8 hours yo will get a answer.

To be fair, ahve you tried Kodaks support? and what were their response?
Old Oct 9, 2009, 6:45 PM   #7

Sorry Fishy, I meant the support for the Firmware. Is it a great camera with the right firmware, or is it a great camera that may hava a couple of flaws you can live with regardless of the firmware as long as it is the original factory loaded firmware?
Old Oct 9, 2009, 6:56 PM   #8

Forexample I just got the Kodak zi8. and I am the least worried about firmwar right now. so why is firmware so important. because we expect a perfect cam. these ar not the perfect cams they are again and again , a pc low budget economy hybrid cam great for the daytime outdoor shots.

I was lucky the company loaded the latest up so yes I ogt the newest version LOl.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 6:40 AM   #9

http://vimeo.com/416719 A-HD 720P I wish I sat there and filmed a longershot