Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 23, 2009, 12:58 PM   #91

Always welcomed, I am sure they just fel the return is best. great to hear.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2009, 1:43 PM   #92

Lazybones...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJowtQZf8Ns

I am using a different car, and its narrower, if I were in my other car it may be a little wider, but you can get the video/picture.

I have filmed a before/after hope this helps out.

the kodak may be used with a proper wide angle lens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybones View Post
Hi all. first post from me... I've been enjoying this discussion and had to sign up and ask a couple of things!

I"m currently trying to decide on a camera for a very specific task and the Zi8 is one of the options and I'm trying to work out if it'll be ideal or not.

I basically need the camera to sit on the dashboard of a car and to film both the driver and the passenger for long periods of time (like 6 hours) to be edited down later.

Cheers
Old Oct 23, 2009, 3:44 PM   #93

i have ordered the samsung u10. it was going cheap so i thought i would give it a try. i know its not the zi8 but i need a camera for youtube. i am hoping that kodak will sort out the problems with the zi8. i still would like to get one but i dont know if its worth it.

chrisc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2009, 4:26 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc74 View Post
i have ordered the samsung u10. it was going cheap so i thought i would give it a try. i know its not the zi8 but i need a camera for youtube. i am hoping that kodak will sort out the problems with the zi8. i still would like to get one but i dont know if its worth it.

your pricing on the samsung lowest I seen this for was 158.98 shipped.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 4:55 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Lazybones...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJowtQZf8Ns

I am using a different car, and its narrower, if I were in my other car it may be a little wider, but you can get the video/picture.

I have filmed a before/after hope this helps out.

the kodak may be used with a proper wide angle lens.
Wow! Thanks so much for doing that!! Really really interesting and I really appreciate it! So, how did you stick the wide angle lens to the camera? And what is the lens and how much does it cost. I rekon that's probably the way to go assuming the other things I've mentioned before are ok with the camera. I.e. can it shoot continuously for hours and is the file format compatible with Final Cut pro!
lazybones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2009, 5:19 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybones View Post
Wow! Thanks so much for doing that!! Really really interesting and I really appreciate it! So, how did you stick the wide angle lens to the camera? And what is the lens and how much does it cost. I rekon that's probably the way to go assuming the other things I've mentioned before are ok with the camera. I.e. can it shoot continuously for hours and is the file format compatible with Final Cut pro!
1. on the main page I have some DL's, here is a direct download, I have not yet worked with final pro.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2...4e75f6e8ebb871

2 I used a sakar.com .45 wide anlge clip on lens, at one time two for free shipping 5.99 I used a rubberband, two and wrapped (front page shows it) around, I suggest a rubber washer behind it.

It will do its job, just remember the seat is the best place for the cam, it acts a the stabilizer, the dash vibrates a lot wheels do not absorb the road when the balance is off the steer shakes,correct, that is what will be transferring to the cam shake.. maybe cushion on the dash
Old Oct 23, 2009, 5:25 PM   #97

Wayne

I went back the place was empty, and lights off, this Am it was filled and lit. I reviewed the clip.

I show the building nextto the classiccar place it has15 angled lights, as well as a well lit interior. I say i can read a paper on the floor standing, that is well lit and on cam and pc correctly displayed.

I show the bronco, and thetire, I can see the tires lettering perfect, I can see it in the cam good, I cannot see it great on quicktime.

I am outside by a sign i see it like i am ata candle dinner clearly, i see it in the cam, but i cannot view it on the pc.

My next step will be adjusting the editing prgram to read.
Does that help out to your inquerry

the above video shows it thank you directfrom the cam hd720p 60 fp
Old Oct 23, 2009, 5:25 PM   #98

Quote:
1. on the main page I have some DL's, here is a direct download, I have not yet worked with final pro.

2 I used a sakar.com .45 wide anlge clip on lens, at one time two for free shipping 5.99 I used a rubberband, two and wrapped (front page shows it) around, I suggest a rubber washer behind it.
Like this: http://sakar.com/p-152.aspx?categoryid=142 ?

I'm currently downloading AMBA00007.mov to see if it works in FCP

Thanks
Gavin
lazybones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2009, 5:48 PM   #99

first page may not be the best pics , that I appologise
the one I have is a wide angle , the lin is a telephot, same concept

Price:
http://www.buy.com/prod/sakar-digita...206725258.html
Old Oct 23, 2009, 11:35 PM   #100

Quote:
Does that help out to your inquerry
Whoo, more than enough. I only asked if you thought the camera was filming as brightly as you rememberer seeing the previous scenes. The previous shots are more than enough.

These download system have been problemmed in times past, frequently requiring complete reloads (I live in a rural dialup location, no broadband that errors and has session time limits). But the situation seems better now with them.

I have downloaded the original sets now, but am still trying to load in the youtube video (it's load in also corrupts). So everything is getting there, no need to worry.

Thanks.

Last edited by Wayne12; Oct 24, 2009 at 12:38 AM.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote