Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 3, 2010, 12:04 PM   #1101

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
We do not know his whole story;

if Purchased from Kodak, and they stted returns on refurbbed that way. I deffently steer clear, and not be a fool.

I would expect a refurrbed unit at 100% perfect working order, a clean body a spankin brand new battery a new strap a case a remote for 10.00 less, and 10% refund.

Yes return demand full refund plus your shipping and free shipping. do not accept less.
I bought it from an online store, and their policy is that I can either return the defective unit for a replacement or return it for a 90% compensation. I was more leaning toward the compensation because who knows if the next refurbished zi8 they send me will work either.

Or i could send it in to kodak, but there is a problem with that. The zi8 works fine for a couple minutes when it is completely cool. Wont they think it's not broken and just send it back to me? Or do they do a better system check than that? Or will they immediately send me a new refurb and worry about fixing the one i sent them on their own time?

i dont have very much experience with this.
Jim the 19th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2010, 4:16 PM   #1102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim the 19th View Post
I bought it from an online store, and their policy is that I can either return the defective unit for a replacement or return it for a 90% compensation. I was more leaning toward the compensation because who knows if the next refurbished zi8 they send me will work either.

Or i could send it in to kodak, but there is a problem with that. The zi8 works fine for a couple minutes when it is completely cool. Wont they think it's not broken and just send it back to me? Or do they do a better system check than that? Or will they immediately send me a new refurb and worry about fixing the one i sent them on their own time?

i dont have very much experience with this.
the Online is Kodak, or the Online is OTHER?

bestbuy has the cam at 130.00 20.00 will be the restocking fee, vs 10% and shipping.

Kodak sends to their sub-contractor repair. not kodak , its Precision. and they may replace with a refurb. Sometimes a refurb is not bad, if no issues are passed.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 6:14 PM   #1103

Fishy when are U coming to Florida again to visit? Would love to meet you man. I live in Daytona beach, about 1 hour from Orlando. Me and the girlfriend got to Orlando quite often to Sea World and Downtown Disney.
scorbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2010, 7:05 PM   #1104

thank you for the Kind words Scorbing Pm'd ya.

Be a pleasure when I pass through the area..

Love downtown disney, not a fan with the Cigar shops they did, and Mc D's. Kids love the different character places, but not when Chain tores like BK, and Mc D and otehr are tossed in, Money must be tight and understand tehy have to get attention out there. and Count Down to extintion, was tehir big one. the Dino cafe will make a killing but its a duplicate of rain forest in dino stuff LOL.
I had a blast there. and love the place.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 7:11 PM   #1105

Quote:
the Online is Kodak, or the Online is OTHER?

bestbuy has the cam at 130.00 20.00 will be the restocking fee, vs 10% and shipping.

Kodak sends to their sub-contractor repair. not kodak , its Precision. and they may replace with a refurb. Sometimes a refurb is not bad, if no issues are passed.
i got it from a an OTHER online store.

What do you mean when you say that $20.00 will be the restocking fee? is that if i send it to Bestbuy? kodak?
Old Jul 3, 2010, 7:40 PM   #1106

correct.

keep us posted.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 10:41 PM   #1107

Quote:
correct.

keep us posted.
will do.
thanks guys.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 11:03 PM   #1108

If the other online store is an authorised Kodak refurb dealer, I would send it to Kodak with a note explaining the problem. I believe Kodak usually send you another refurb ijnstead of waiting for yours to be repaired. Refurb are generally good but you can call or write them to test the unit out first to make sure it doesn't have any problem. If you squeek (complain) louder (as in squeeky wheels), they might even send you a new unit. There's no guarranty you will get a perfect working unit in new stock. good luck!
maxhuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2010, 11:47 AM   #1109

Default Zi8 Test Video on HD 1080p

I went to Sea World orlando yesterday to test the low light capabilities of the Zi8. Here's a full RAW video of the act at Nautilus Theater. It is a big download file but well worth it. It was shot on 1080p. Enjoy.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XV42H5NS
scorbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2010, 12:45 PM   #1110

There's light on the object, and that is what captures video today. Great Job. very vivid. sound bassy and liked it, I seen somethingsimular in WDW animal kingdom. Now I got to dig up Lion King lol.