Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jul 11, 2010, 2:15 PM   #1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
There's light on the object, and that is what captures video today. Great Job. very vivid. sound bassy and liked it, I seen somethingsimular in WDW animal kingdom. Now I got to dig up Lion King lol.

If you notice there is a pixel on the right side of the video on the top there somewhere. I have seen that pixel in other night videos I took so I returned the camera today and exchanged it for new one. I think the sensor had a bad pixel? But yes the video came out great.
scorbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2010, 3:30 PM   #1112

Gottal love it. pixal or not, they do come and go.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 4:41 PM   #1113

Quote:
Gottal love it. pixal or not, they do come and go.

Sea World "Believe"whale show. 980MB, 1080p resolution:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9ATUCN6I
scorbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2010, 2:38 PM   #1114

Ok, I sent in the camera for a replacement. It just came in last week, i played with it for a few days and it works great. they even sent me an extra battery for my trouble.

Anyway, thank you guys for all of your help and advice.
Jim the 19th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2010, 3:06 PM   #1115

Jim the 19th. always welcomed. have fun shooting
Old Jul 29, 2010, 8:09 PM   #1116

Today, tonight , I was able to view the QVC.com show , and they talked about, yes the Zi8.

Mistakes they were making. camera captures stereo sound, when it has a Mono int mic, be careful its mono l & r with a stereo ext mic port. True stereo when using the ext port. THey as well said fully auto focused,wher the cam is a fixed focus.
they even got a gret deal direct from kodak @ around 150ish, and you get 55.00 in photos back. wouldn't that be great, keep the gifts and offerit for 89.99 the real price LOL.

SO be careful, and really do your research on whatever model it is. to good to be true.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 1:25 AM   #1117

Quote:
Today, tonight , I was able to view the QVC.com show , and they talked about, yes the Zi8.

Mistakes they were making. camera captures stereo sound, when it has a Mono int mic, be careful its mono l & r with a stereo ext mic port. True stereo when using the ext port. THey as well said fully auto focused,wher the cam is a fixed focus.
they even got a gret deal direct from kodak @ around 150ish, and you get 55.00 in photos back. wouldn't that be great, keep the gifts and offerit for 89.99 the real price LOL.

SO be careful, and really do your research on whatever model it is. to good to be true.

Fishy, they are EX-USED CAR SALESMAN that talk a lot, do you really expect them to know the difference?
maxhuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2010, 5:04 AM   #1118

Yes I do, hey are th best show on earth, they even bring in the Kodak person, and they can really sell. NOT!

Yes I knew that, I find it entertaining, and othres who do not even know may fall into their blundering scams.

They do a great job within a few minutes o fwhat they have to learn of that device, so I do give them credit, I do find it interesting, etc, etc,.

I did purchase my devices when no one else had hem etc, etc, a great source at a given time. they do air pre productions models before online or stores................
Old Jul 31, 2010, 11:08 PM   #1119

Apologies if its obvious, but....

I've noticed mention of a service menu. Where is this, and what kind of things can you do with it? a mention earlier said about the sensor being the older zi6 data, but I'm more interested about if it actually lets you change anything..
SuperRoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2010, 6:53 PM   #1120
aik

Hi.

I just purchased my zi8 (firmware 1.06), and take some videos.

Quality is good, but i found very strange thing.

I used a [email protected], and want to join them into one long video. I used VirtualDub (very good video converter, u can join separate videos into one without any decompression- "video direct stream copy") and what happen? Unable to join them because the framerate of all the videos was different!!! Few of them has fps 59,9600, few 59,9603 and others 59,9620. Its not big difference, but its unable to join thats wideos into one...

To join videos into one first i must covert them to the same framerate. That shouldn't happen, all wideos should have the same framerate. Am I right?

Is something wrong with my camera, is it a bug in firmware? Or its normal ?
aik is offline   Reply With Quote