Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 3, 2010, 7:57 PM   #1121

if you mix framerates, and the program you use, may not be a cam issue but the program/software, try another , I mix and match
I edit and use slo mo 59 eetc etc all is corerct when i render to the choice I want.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 1:56 AM   #1122

"I used a [email protected], and want to join them into one long video. I used VirtualDub (very good video converter, u can join separate videos into one without any decompression- "video direct stream copy") and what happen? Unable to join them because the framerate of all the videos was different!!! Few of them has fps 59,9600, few 59,9603 and others 59,9620. Its not big difference, but its unable to join thats wideos into one...

To join videos into one first i must covert them to the same framerate. That shouldn't happen, all wideos should have the same framerate. Am I right?

Is something wrong with my camera, is it a bug in firmware? Or its normal ?"

Use Media Impression sofware included with your cam, works real good joining any video you took, be it 1080 or 720 at any FPS, updated version can out put to any resolution, even convert to blue ray video and burn on ordinary DVD media!

Last edited by maxhuey; Aug 4, 2010 at 2:01 AM.
maxhuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2010, 5:18 PM   #1123
aik

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhuey View Post
Use Media Impression sofware included with your cam, works real good joining any video you took, be it 1080 or 720 at any FPS, updated version can out put to any resolution, even convert to blue ray video and burn on ordinary DVD media!
Nice software, but quality is worst than in virtualdub and video size is 2x bigger
aik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2010, 2:38 AM   #1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by aik View Post
Nice software, but quality is worst than in virtualdub and video size is 2x bigger

not sure what you refered to "quality is worst". I watch the video produced on MI on my BIG 72" screen and it is every bit as good as any HD video.

and why would you be concerned about video size being 2X bigger? compression - no matter which way you slice it - will loose details. storage media are dimes and dozen, no need to conserve...

cheers!
Old Aug 9, 2010, 5:13 AM   #1125

As time went by, the ownership ofcam;

As I keep in places and when went to use I noticed the red button, called mouse was jammed, first time it happ'd, so it i possable that the mouse at any given time can be forced into a right up down left position jam, and easily fred. keeping posted
Old Aug 12, 2010, 8:38 AM   #1126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne12 View Post
I can't remember if I mentioned this, but have confirmed the data rates are high, close to 24mb/s for1080p and 19mb/s for 720p60, and without looking indepth at picture quality (I am not that well and busy) it looks like quality is high at the moment. This will explain why you are finding it easier to edit 720p. I am having to slow both 1080p and 720p60 down at the moment (the 720p slightly less) for smooth playback but my card should be able to handle it, will have to upgrade to that Nvidia path for h264 acceleration. But I am happy, as long as they have lower data rate versions of the modes for people on a budget with slower machines (mines fairly basic except for the mid range graphics GPU). Shortly even the low end ATI cards and Larrabee cards will handle quite well (don't know when Nvidia will release next generation of cards).
I have discovered that data rates for the Zi8 drop to less than 5,000kbps after a minute of recording. My Zx3 (Playsport)stays constant above 10,000kbps, however. The Zi8 picture does not seem to be affected. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HzsZrknkg4
jandbrare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2010, 7:04 PM   #1127

without going into any technical aspect of cameras, I have seen comparisons after comaprisons, the result is always Zi8 has the overall better result than even $1000 cam. Similar to my big screen TV's, my Toshiba came out winner in video test but my Sony still show a better picture in every which way.

cheers, max
Old Aug 15, 2010, 10:09 AM   #1128

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhuey View Post
without going into any technical aspect of cameras, I have seen comparisons after comaprisons, the result is always Zi8 has the overall better result than even $1000 cam. Similar to my big screen TV's, my Toshiba came out winner in video test but my Sony still show a better picture in every which way.

cheers, max
Yes, exactly. we would not be shooting video.
Old Aug 16, 2010, 8:12 PM   #1129

Quote:
Originally Posted by aik View Post
Hi.

I just purchased my zi8 (firmware 1.06), and take some videos.

Quality is good, but i found very strange thing.

I used a [email protected], and want to join them into one long video. I used VirtualDub (very good video converter, u can join separate videos into one without any decompression- "video direct stream copy") and what happen? Unable to join them because the framerate of all the videos was different!!! Few of them has fps 59,9600, few 59,9603 and others 59,9620. Its not big difference, but its unable to join thats wideos into one...

To join videos into one first i must covert them to the same framerate. That shouldn't happen, all wideos should have the same framerate. Am I right?

Is something wrong with my camera, is it a bug in firmware? Or its normal ?

I am curious. Why are you using VirtualDub and going through all that trouble when all you have to do is download Microsoft Live Movie Maker and it will let you join the video and exported to any format you want?
scorbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2010, 1:19 PM   #1130

Default Intermittent Shut Down Issue of Zi8

Good afternoon,

I bought a Zi8 from amazon.com in May. I have not used it much in the last 3 months, but the little that I have it worked great - far exceeded my expectations for the money. Until the weekend before last. I went to NYC for a Yankees/Red Sox game and stayed near Times Square. I got alot of good video; however, intermittently the Zi8 would power down for no reason. I would turn it on, click the record button, it would record for a few seconds and then the entire thing would just shut off. I then pressed the power button and it powered up, showed a full battery, and would work fine...until the dreaded next time. So I talked to Kodak Support and they told me to send it to their repair center. I am just worried that they are not going to find anything wrong with it because it is so intermittent and they are just going to send it back to me - wasting my time and money (on shipping it to them).

Anyone else have this problem? I searched this forum and the web and couldn't find anything about this issue.

Any insight that you can provide would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jeremy
jeremyf0923 is offline   Reply With Quote