Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Aug 17, 2010, 1:21 PM   #1131

HAve you tried a different battery. sounds more like pin or pns of the contact loose?

when a battery is exhausted it will do just that power down.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 2:10 PM   #1132

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
HAve you tried a different battery. sounds more like pin or pns of the contact loose?

when a battery is exhausted it will do just that power down.
Right - that is what is so odd. It powers down and then I power it back up and the battery shows full power. I have not tried a new battery, but this intermittent shut down has happened before literally right after I fully charged it.

Any other suggestions or does it sound like Kodak repair center is the best option?
jeremyf0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2010, 5:33 PM   #1133

since you do not have another battery. how do you know the cell or cells are defective blown, etc. it may be your choice to send in, or go exchange where you bought. If I bought at a local store I return for an exchange (read between the lines)
Old Aug 18, 2010, 7:33 AM   #1134

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
since you do not have another battery. how do you know the cell or cells are defective blown, etc. it may be your choice to send in, or go exchange where you bought. If I bought at a local store I return for an exchange (read between the lines)
Wish I could simply exchange - amazon.com has a strict 30 day policy so I am out of luck as I purchased it 3 months ago.
jeremyf0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2010, 4:28 PM   #1135

Default USB Buffering issue with Kodak Zi8

I am using the latest firmware. My issue is the following: when I connect the camera directly to my computer via the USB on the camera to review the videos almost always the video plays choppy. I have connected the camera to several other quality computers and the same issue. I am recording on a Kingston SDHC 16gb Class 10 card.

Now here is the intersting thing: When I watch the video when
I connect the camera with the cables to my TV it plays smooth. When I watch the video directly off the camera screen it plays smoothly.

A reputable computer store in my area looked at my computer and checked the video card, etc. Everything is up-to-date and running fine on my computer.

They suggested that the usb on the camera is having buffering issues. Why?

If I copy any of the video off the card onto my pc hard drive...the videos play smooth. When just wanting to review this is a waste of time step but necessary for me at the moment. Not choppy.Therefore, he felt the usb on the camera is too slow a connection. He thinks that is a weakeness "defect" in the camera.

So, I have two other brand new Zi8's and connected those to my pc directly via the usb on the camera. Again....choppy video. Same issue.

By the way, these 42 video clips of varying length were all filmed in WVGA format.

I researched this camera and do not recall or did not notice any comments regarding choopy video when connecting the camera via the camera usb to a computer.

Is anyone able to comment on how to resolve this issue. Everything else on the camera or with the camera seems to be just fine.
sdector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2010, 4:42 PM   #1136

the cam is supposed to be usb 2.0...

so is the port of your pc usb 2.0?
Old Aug 18, 2010, 6:51 PM   #1137

absolutely. I meet all the specs of the camera. Yes. 2.0usb
Old Aug 18, 2010, 7:40 PM   #1138

I hear ya. and the pc is deffently 3.0 gig or higher?
Old Aug 18, 2010, 7:59 PM   #1139

I have a WinXP, Service Pak3, P4, 2.80GHz, 2.0GB of RAM.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 8:07 PM   #1140

I also have the: nvidia geforce fx 5200 on my pc