Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Sep 5, 2010, 7:17 PM   #1161

Found a silicone sleeve online for about $8.

One more issue...

I've figured out how to convert the .mov files to .avi files. But, when I edit the videos in WMM...I lose the 16:9 widescreen format. Is there a explanation for this and how can I fix it? Or am I just going to have to purchase a better editing program?
Thrashplayhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2010, 7:44 PM   #1162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashplayhere View Post
Found a silicone sleeve online for about $8.

One more issue...

I've figured out how to convert the .mov files to .avi files. But, when I edit the videos in WMM...I lose the 16:9 widescreen format. Is there a explanation for this and how can I fix it? Or am I just going to have to purchase a better editing program?

you have a link to the skin?

And in wmm exactly what resolution or did you click on the 4:3 or 16:9 located in the tabs on top , its been a while since I used that OLD program.

are you on vista win 7 xp etc?
Old Sep 5, 2010, 8:08 PM   #1163

As I am finding out the hard way lol.

I am on a New pc, with Win 7, and using MEP14,15, not supported, but will work, it is a Win Xp, 200, and vista.

DVD Burner not found will be the issue.

I am using Pinn 14U and I had to reinstall in order to get the dvd burner to work.

I am happy because I am able to burn dvd of the tvshows i watch, and as well make videos of theKodak zi8 etc, etc.

I thought I share what I found out, for those that may be interested.
the Kodak zi8 is offered this week @ 130.00 not a bad price.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 9:18 AM   #1164

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post

And in wmm exactly what resolution or did you click on the 4:3 or 16:9 located in the tabs on top , its been a while since I used that OLD program.

are you on vista win 7 xp etc?
I converted the video from .mov to .avi using a third party program. Before converting I checked the 16:9 ration box. Once converted I can play back the video and it's still 16:9. Once I open the video in WMM it changes it to 4:3. Is there an option or box to check in WMM to keep it at 16:9? I just started using WMM so, it's new to me.

I'm on Win XP.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 6:52 PM   #1165

normally its located on th tabs on top, but it all depends on how you rendered.

http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/Forums/Default.aspx

this is a great site to retrieve some info . as till I get my XP and power supply.

I again can only answer what you given
t the tabs above and the file saved.

Last edited by fishycomics; Sep 7, 2010 at 7:17 PM.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2010, 2:24 PM   #1166

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
normally its located on th tabs on top, but it all depends on how you rendered.

http://www.windowsmoviemakers.net/Forums/Default.aspx

this is a great site to retrieve some info . as till I get my XP and power supply.

I again can only answer what you given
t the tabs above and the file saved.
I found it. YAY!

My only complaint with this camera is the EIS needs to be greatly improved. It's fine when I'm sitting and panning back and forth but, it's way too shaky when walking.

I'll have to find that link again for the silicone sleeve.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 2:58 PM   #1167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashplayhere View Post
I found it. YAY!

My only complaint with this camera is the EIS needs to be greatly improved. It's fine when I'm sitting and panning back and forth but, it's way too shaky when walking.

I'll have to find that link again for the silicone sleeve.
no camcorder will correct when walking, technique is required. you bop up, the cam must bop down, motion. smooth motion.

I am no Pro, but I throw a stick with the cam, and leftt he EIS on the Zi8, aswell the Playsport
Old Sep 8, 2010, 10:06 PM   #1168

After reading through this thread extensively, I decided to purchase a Zi8. I got it from a newegg shell shocker deal for $79.99 shipped. Now I just received my camera today and have noticed something and I don't know whether I should be thinking RMA or not.
I have seen some talk of fine blue lines in low light situations, now here is my problem. In pretty dim shots, when I pan from my monitor to a blank spot on my wall I have one honking BIG vertical blue line (at least a few pixels wide) going from the top to the bottom. This is visible on the LCD screen and the recording played back on my computer. I can recreate it pretty consistently but it doesn't always show up. When I switch video modes around it goes away, and sometimes stays away even in the mode I originally noticed it in. I searched and combed through most of this thread and couldn't find any mention of a problem this specific, has anyone had this happen?
Firmware version is 1.06

Lighting situation is this. Floor lamp about 8 feet behind me to my back, computer monitor infront of me, no other light in the room. Camera pointed towards monitor then slowly panned to the left to face the wall, bam theres the blue line.
robchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2010, 7:35 AM   #1169

Fw 1.06 corrected the thin blue lines not all models had this, as the cam was in a rush out the door. you may have and wit hthat price not a refurb but a defective lott. I say try againwith a new model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robchaos View Post
After reading through this thread extensively, I decided to purchase a Zi8. I got it from a newegg shell shocker deal for $79.99 shipped. Now I just received my camera today and have noticed something and I don't know whether I should be thinking RMA or not.
I have seen some talk of fine blue lines in low light situations, now here is my problem. In pretty dim shots, when I pan from my monitor to a blank spot on my wall I have one honking BIG vertical blue line (at least a few pixels wide) going from the top to the bottom. This is visible on the LCD screen and the recording played back on my computer. I can recreate it pretty consistently but it doesn't always show up. When I switch video modes around it goes away, and sometimes stays away even in the mode I originally noticed it in. I searched and combed through most of this thread and couldn't find any mention of a problem this specific, has anyone had this happen?
Firmware version is 1.06

Lighting situation is this. Floor lamp about 8 feet behind me to my back, computer monitor infront of me, no other light in the room. Camera pointed towards monitor then slowly panned to the left to face the wall, bam theres the blue line.
Old Sep 9, 2010, 1:55 PM   #1170

Walmart's prices have been all over the place...first time I price one was about 3 months ago at $129.97. Then, it went up to $179.97 in early Aug. I bought mine for $134.36 on 8/20. Now, the site is showing the price at $149.36.