Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 22, 2010, 10:08 AM   #1221

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrashplayhere View Post
I found a video on how to get VirtualDub to open .mov files but, when I go to open the file, all I get are black screens and only the audio. WTH?
Never mind...figured it out. Deshaker is going to be a life saver!!!
Thrashplayhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2010, 2:50 PM   #1222

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Fish I watched your video, thanks, very helpful. I was wondering you mentioned that you get 60 mins on the oem battery and 90mins on the power pack. Now, if you have both plugged in do you get a combined total record time of 2hrs 30min? or is it one or the other.
garman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2010, 3:11 PM   #1223

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq2MO3dR8qQ

I made this for someone else today lol.

GArman excellent question.

trying my best to write it down, a lil ahrd lol.

zapp is a recharger, it can still work when the kodak is on, so that said how can we get the max out of it.

kodak will work 1 hour, and while the zap is running, that is a test I have to do, or I did and in the forum

I am sure with both going you'll get a garanteed 2 hours plus

it is said the kodak you get 1 use of power, and 4aa 1.5 use of power , to add up to 2.5 use of power. 4aa adding that voltage up equils to 4.8 1 extra volt. a different cell, a lil longer power.

WOuld you watch a video of me recording that LOL. nah you like th final outcome. as I need to fully charge and let the cam do its job, or siffing through the site LMAO!.

How long of power do you actually need. because if we paralell, and series you can run double the capacity. not hard to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garman View Post
Fish I watched your video, thanks, very helpful. I was wondering you mentioned that you get 60 mins on the oem battery and 90mins on the power pack. Now, if you have both plugged in do you get a combined total record time of 2hrs 30min? or is it one or the other.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 3:13 PM   #1224

brought to the top somewhere around page 24 here we will find the answer, no not at all. I most likely did not do a tes on this.

Quote:
Accessorize your Kodak Zi8

Accesorize with a portabl zappworld.com battery pack,excluding hte plug for the zi8 use the supplied kodaks. 4aa = 6.0vc (1.5vdc per or 4.8vdc per)

Sony clone mic, or modified internals of a sony's mic.

Kd-Klic 7004 5.18wa 3.7vdc 1400 mah aftermarket battery vs 950 mah min 1000 mah kodaks green battery. And Charger with ac and dc adaptors.

Wide angle lens modified to the camcorder.

The world is at your finger tips, and you can even paint the cover with your own name, pic, or protective covers.

No matter what you're after, Accessorize your Kodak Zi8

Last edited by fishycomics; Oct 22, 2010 at 3:22 PM.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2010, 4:49 PM   #1225

It is said, the lens is not allowed for purchse ore replacement, your cam must go into Kodaks shop . how Sad.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 4:49 PM   #1226

Quote:
Originally Posted by garman View Post
I find the voltage to sit around 1.5 to 1.6v and levels off to 1.2 to 1.3 volts. Knowing this, plugging the batter pack to my Zi8 may burn the unit.
That doesn't sound right! battery is 3.7 volts, maybe you are touching the control pin?

Normal USB charging voltage is 5 volts. this is an industry standard, including the charger that came with your Kodak. the cam has a built-in voltage regulator at the input to drop the volatge down to the 3.7 volt needed by the cam. The voltage regulator requires a minimum of 5 volts in order to properly regualte the power, anything less than 5 volts might cause the regulator to mal-function. having said that, you also do not want to give it too high (pass 8 volts) a voltage as it will heat up more and cause premature break down (electronic and heat doesn't go well together). If you made up a power pack of say 5 volts ( 4 X 1.25 NiMH) @ 2000 MAh, it willl give to just over 2 hours of video. No need to use C cell, there are plenty of AA's that packed 2000~2500 MAh. 4 AA battery holder are also the most common and easiest to find in stores. Below are just some of the different styles available...
maxhuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2010, 5:37 PM   #1227

How much will the 4a batteries cost 6-10.00
how much will the plugcost 5.00 with wire

how much will a usb port or to find cost again 5.00

so does this look promising, remember 4 weeks to get I may pick one up, do not ask me how i found it, I got lucky.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13164

Last edited by fishycomics; Oct 22, 2010 at 5:40 PM.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2010, 11:06 AM   #1228

You wanted to know about aa battery back up correct?
I had to , for my own self no one else LOL, do a auto transmission change, and I did a new vid on two cars lol, I used the standard kodak battery drained it, I went out in the am hour as well. so I switched to only the aa zapp it.
as with only the zapp no int batt, grabbed a snap shot. cam goes off. I did not notice it, but I say I did turn on. so I vid the shot. got about two vids. and then the cam is off again. so I am wondering if the usb plug was loose, or th e kodak is loose. I think it is clear to say. it needs to have the int batt in, tehre must be some type of sensor or timer. makes me wonder. why I would film without it. I hope I got the shots because I cannot repeat this again lol of the auto trans change lol.
I hope on the site and here it answers that persons questions
Old Oct 23, 2010, 3:12 PM   #1229

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhuey View Post
That doesn't sound right! battery is 3.7 volts, maybe you are touching the control pin?

Normal USB charging voltage is 5 volts. this is an industry standard, including the charger that came with your Kodak. the cam has a built-in voltage regulator at the input to drop the volatge down to the 3.7 volt needed by the cam. The voltage regulator requires a minimum of 5 volts in order to properly regualte the power, anything less than 5 volts might cause the regulator to mal-function. having said that, you also do not want to give it too high (pass 8 volts) a voltage as it will heat up more and cause premature break down (electronic and heat doesn't go well together). If you made up a power pack of say 5 volts ( 4 X 1.25 NiMH) @ 2000 MAh, it willl give to just over 2 hours of video. No need to use C cell, there are plenty of AA's that packed 2000~2500 MAh. 4 AA battery holder are also the most common and easiest to find in stores. Below are just some of the different styles available...
No Max I wanted to use 3 AA or 3 C NiMH batteries as a power pack and use the power port not the USB port. I realized the battery pack that Fish mention is almost the same size as the Zi8. Not liking that. But I may consider it
Old Oct 23, 2010, 3:14 PM   #1230

Quote:
How much will the 4a batteries cost 6-10.00
how much will the plugcost 5.00 with wire

how much will a usb port or to find cost again 5.00

so does this look promising, remember 4 weeks to get I may pick one up, do not ask me how i found it, I got lucky.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.13164
This is cheaper than my 3 C NiMH set up. Probably smaller. Is that new to D/E. I shop there quite often. Great webshop