Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 1, 2010, 2:37 PM   #1241

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhuey View Post
Got a black Zi8 from Amazon for $129!!!
Great deal! I've probably spent more on accessories than the camera itself...lol.
Thrashplayhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2010, 5:12 AM   #1242

Looks like Kodak corn was growing, they gathered the heard, and flocked the help, taken the simplicity to the next level, made searchingfor firmware, the route to go, rather directing..

A member has said newegg is offering two vrsions, while it's a typo, and recertified, a great buy if asked. IfI were to spend 15.00 for a part, I may invest in a new ZI8 making my purchase feel like 60.00.

I placed a few clips on youtube, of Arcsoft. shows some ways of gettingaround simple, overlooked issues. enjoy.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 6:16 AM   #1243

Below a member emails me this:

and it clearly says that the issue we have is of a hardware, and electronics, that the cam should go to a shop for repair, while Firmware will not correct the issue. SOunds Like Abandomant., the Zi8 and one persons issues, not all, so imagine others that never came forward, others who own thezx3 playsport, and as well the playtouch..
I say just do not zoom, ifso edit and correct.

sample vids are needed to examine and correct, are you emailing sample vids in to get a corrected firmware.

I bet t hat answer is no. you rather let othersdo that, and why wehave no firmware 1.07.

contact Customersupport and place in your feedback

a video sample title in MEdia impressions
" issue with zoom and light adjustment." made by user ****

Thank you for your recent note.

You are right, the firmware upgrade for a certain Kodak product caters to all customers who own that product. It is for this reason that Kodak releases various firmware upgrades for almost all of our products. This is our way of responding to different concerns that are being raised, whether these are from our quality team or from our customers.

The current firmware version for the KODAK Zi8 Pocket Video Camera is version 1.06 and this already addresses issues such asWINDOWS 7 compatibility, improving audio recording and playback, Digital Zoom, User Interface, and Video quality in low-light conditions.

Our Zi8 cameras here which firmware have been upgraded to version 1.06 are no longer showing any issues in low lighting condition. If you have already upgraded the firmware of your camera and your videos are still changing from light to dark when zooming, the camera may need to be repaired. But before we proceed, kindly reply to this email and provide us sample videos where such issue is evident. A 5-10 second video would suffice. If you have more than one videos, you may send them in two or more emails. If the files are too big, you may upload them online and provide us the link. We will need to review the videos for us to determine if the camera indeed needs to be repaired or not.

Lastly, I apologize if the description on our website about the enhancements that the firmware can do is not detailed. Improving audio recording and playback means that the camera should record the sound correctly such that it won’t buckle during playback.

We are glad to be of service and are here for you if you need us in the future. If you do reply, please be sure to include any previous e-mail so we may assist you better.

Regards,

Old Nov 6, 2010, 12:47 PM   #1244

http://cgi.ebay.com/AA-External-Batt...item43a06165fe

no making of a charger extender, here you got it for 11.00 a nice item if asked.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 3:57 PM   #1245

As I put the Zi8 through a excellent test a Oil change, a towel cleans it up nicely. I am nothesitant, but cannot imagine if something happ's to my zi8 I would get another one in a heartbeat.

I hear some members are not happy, and well. I keep you entertained, doing my best.

As II have now a newer car and figured out the placement of the filter, the metal is scarce and cost $$ while paper is a lot less and still sacrid. we now have a different filter and it was a challange. a video wil lbe placed on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSWn2SMrNfI

Last edited by fishycomics; Nov 11, 2010 at 5:57 PM.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2010, 5:24 PM   #1246

http://www.submergecamera.com/ikelit...camcorder.html

This is why, nah this is why I hve a playsport.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 6:45 PM   #1247

note to...

As its a good year plus, what has been a great cam, shows wear, two places for me.

Extensive use shot tons of clips, the lens, and record button. choosing formats or left to right is wearing.

I am sure to keep an eye out for a used one as my back up.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 4:40 PM   #1248

Nice thread.

Has anyone come up with a good way to reduce the hand shakiness you get from the zi8 camera? I was hoping they sold some heavy modifications to give the camera some weight. Most of my video is on the fly, just whipping out the camera and shooting the kids or something - but even just panning around looks very shaky.

I've tried running the video through virtualdub with the deshaker filter installed. It does help, but not what I'm after.

My old large sony handycam had enough weight so my hand wouldn't jerk around.

Any advise? Thanks -
RjBeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2010, 8:27 PM   #1249

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjBeals View Post
Nice thread.

Has anyone come up with a good way to reduce the hand shakiness you get from the zi8 camera? I was hoping they sold some heavy modifications to give the camera some weight. Most of my video is on the fly, just whipping out the camera and shooting the kids or something - but even just panning around looks very shaky.

I've tried running the video through virtualdub with the deshaker filter installed. It does help, but not what I'm after.

Any advise? Thanks -
You can use the thread mount and attach to a mono pod and use that as a stabilizer. Find the center of gravity with the mono pod and camera attached. Grip the location where it's balanced and move slowly when panning. Using deshaker will help even more. Hope this helps
garman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2010, 3:48 PM   #1250

Welcome aboard, and thank you Garmin. had a lil time to place this clip up as amany do not . so enjoy the video response.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgdw29nWvTc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjBeals View Post
Nice thread.

Any advise? Thanks -
Quote:
Originally Posted by garman View Post
You can use the thread mount and attach to a mono pod and use that as a stabilizer. Find the center of gravity with the mono pod and camera attached. Grip the location where it's balanced and move slowly when panning. Using deshaker will help even more. Hope this helps