Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 17, 2010, 8:50 AM   #1261

Is the XACTI camera better or worse then the ZI8 or ZI10???

Last edited by dahauss; Dec 17, 2010 at 9:02 AM.
dahauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2010, 1:07 PM   #1262

the xacti is a great cam its so basic, comparing itto te kodaks Digital to the sanyo optical is night and day, apples and oranges

I love the sound very powerful, and love the 3x optical but If I needed a ext ports and oterstuff it was missing from the cam.
Old Dec 17, 2010, 1:13 PM   #1263

Are you saying the XACTI has better video quality over the KODAK? I already own one of the XACTI 720P pistol grip cameras and its great!! looking at a 1080P camera to compliment my $1000 1080P 3MOS camera so I dont have to carry it everywhere and I can put something in my pocket.. what was your reason for returning the sanyo camera??
Old Dec 17, 2010, 1:41 PM   #1264

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahauss View Post
Are you saying the XACTI has better video quality over the KODAK? I already own one of the XACTI 720P pistol grip cameras and its great!! looking at a 1080P camera to compliment my $1000 1080P 3MOS camera so I dont have to carry it everywhere and I can put something in my pocket.. what was your reason for returning the sanyo camera??

OT: PD2 does just fine if asked, I cannot say get it, but take look at it.

body wise, It makes the Zi 10 a better cam, some people say plastic is cheap

I say the zi8 has the better hand on the body its strong.

100.00 is a no brainer
Old Dec 17, 2010, 5:46 PM   #1265

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
OT: PD2 does just fine if asked, I cannot say get it, but take look at it.

body wise, It makes the Zi 10 a better cam, some people say plastic is cheap

I say the zi8 has the better hand on the body its strong.

100.00 is a no brainer
I guess my main concern is video quality.. which on has the nest quality.. I have watched all kinds of videos that compare cameras and show split screen but its hard to tell on a youtube video due to the way youtube compresses the video. If one had to pick between the ZI8, ZI10 or PD2, which one would you pick in terms of good color, video quality (not smeared), good low light and good sound quality. One of the main things wrong with cheap cameras is that when the sound gets TOO LOUD, the audio is distorted (say when in a nightclub)...

Thanks ....
Old Dec 17, 2010, 10:44 PM   #1266

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahauss View Post
I guess my main concern is video quality.. which on has the nest quality.. I have watched all kinds of videos that compare cameras and show split screen but its hard to tell on a youtube video due to the way youtube compresses the video. If one had to pick between the ZI8, ZI10 or PD2, which one would you pick in terms of good color, video quality (not smeared), good low light and good sound quality. One of the main things wrong with cheap cameras is that when the sound gets TOO LOUD, the audio is distorted (say when in a nightclub)...

Thanks ....
OT:

I still say with all my options the Zi8,
Old Dec 18, 2010, 12:11 AM   #1267

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Play>touch (two words)
sound very naughty indeed, reminds me of me and my girl friends when I was in grade 1 school...
maxhuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2010, 7:36 AM   #1268

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhuey View Post
sound very naughty indeed, reminds me of me and my girl friends when I was in grade 1 school...
The box says it all. Play>touch, and what a market Error it is. I best just call it Playtouch and step down to Kodaks level.
Old Dec 22, 2010, 6:01 PM   #1269

Today I went out to a Place called Monkey Jungle, Homestead Florida, and I had a great time. sot with two cams, the Kodak Zi8(topic) and zi10(offtopic). I have not yet examined my footage and taken one particular shot, a still and that basically said it all.

Take note: only other way to grab this shotwas to Jump over and be face to face wit the Silverback.

So I did what was best placed my hand over the top and I as well repeated the same with te Zi10, this is all Zi8.

I know my next move, and I know wat to expect from Kodak, and I am happy to own suc a great cam.

I even seen someone wit ha Playsport, and wanted to say , a few things. so I put my cams away and off I went.

Old Dec 24, 2010, 2:25 PM   #1270

Fishy, let me first say Than You for the reviews you have done on the Kodak Zi8. You helped me make a decision on which one of these pocket camcorders to get for my wife for Christmas.

Now, I'd like to welcome myself to this website and also say thanks to everyone that has shared their input and tips for this camcorder.
CrashHole is offline   Reply With Quote