Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 24, 2010, 2:31 PM   #1271

Here is my question now. I havent been able to read through all 127 pages yet, but what program are you guys using to get the video from the Zi8? I know the arcsoft is out of the question and I dont plan on even downloading it to the computer. Right now I have Magix movie edit pro 16 plus. I have played around with it some, but havent quite figured it all out yet. I'm just wanting to get all this figured out so I can prepare to make videos mainly of the family and burn them to a DVD.
CrashHole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2010, 4:45 PM   #1272

always welcomed.

As I use just about whatever I own. I Do try out what is given and , have to say its a powerful tool offered for free. TMI can do what no other program does place back te video to the cam and play edited videos.

I have just about what I find on sale for free. or at its lowest

Pinnical studio 14U
Magix Edit pro 12P, 14P, 15P, 16P, 17P X.
Sony Vegas 10 HD platinum
Coral VIdeo studio pro X

and then some
I mainly use Magix 15 Plus. and would love to learn more in making a intro, buttime is needed ,and I do have time.

WIth Hd1080P I tend to edit with Pinn, with HD720P I tend to edit with magix. reasons are my machine likes one over the other. and wy a 3.oghz processor is needed
Old Dec 24, 2010, 9:13 PM   #1273

Awesome. I did play with the Zi8 some the other day and I think I like the way 720p 60fps looks. I have a older computer with a 3.06GHz P4 processor and 4gb of ram. How are you getting the nice rendering when doing low light filming like indoors? Is the Magix program clearing everything up? I notice when I filmed indoors at 720p 60fps and then played back on my 50" plasma or the 32"lcd, it was real grainy. When filmed outdoors, it looks great. Also, I am using Transcend 4gb class 6 SDHC cards.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 7:54 AM   #1274

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashHole View Post
How are you getting the nice rendering when doing low light filming like indoors?
Is the Magix program clearing everything up?
I notice when I filmed indoors at 720p 60fps and then played back on my 50" plasma or the 32"lcd, it was real grainy. When filmed outdoors, it looks great.
Also, I am using Transcend 4gb class 6 SDHC cards.
For I, render in wmvHD format 1280x720 29.97fps, no added effects. Low level shots may vary to many scenerio's to mention.

The cam will do its Job, and if youused zoom more grain/pixalation, extreme low level, frame rate drops, low lux, frame rate, and F-stop changes, Some forget that the cam has two f-stops, as well Auto ISO up to 800, all that plays a toll.

There is a limitation to how big you can view te cams , and te limit may be exceeded pass a certain HD set.
Old Dec 25, 2010, 2:24 PM   #1275

Are you using Magix to render the video in wmv? And what resolution are you using for indoor?
Old Dec 25, 2010, 7:38 PM   #1276

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashHole View Post
Are you using Magix to render the video in wmv? And what resolution are you using for indoor?

magix program render WMVHD 1280x720 29.97fps
Old Dec 27, 2010, 1:18 AM   #1277

Hi, I just got the Kodak zi8 for christmas. It came with the the 1.06 firmware. Indoors with relatively good light the video looks quite grainy. I am simply playing the .mov files in quicktime when getting them off the SD card. Is there another program I should be using that can edit this out? thanks
stang1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2010, 9:41 AM   #1278

Congrads on the gift. very pleased to see the latest Firmware is up on these units.

Indoor Low level light varies, eac will think one way works better than the other way.....

the Kodak :
White Balance - Auto

Exposure - Auto

Shutter Speed - Auto

ISO - Automatically set (50800)

All tese play into a factor. your 100 watt bulb, your dark wall, open room halls, height of ceiling etc, etc. how close the object/subject is at cam, and background..........

If you are Using quicktime, and it is not Quicktime Pro, Yes you must use a editing program, of your choice. If it is the supplied Arcsoft Total Media Impression. they all do the same thing, edit, and render.

Want a more professional editor, I am sure it will again do hte same render.

Grain is noise, and this is not a professional cam, yes weall know tat. Sample shots says a lot. and wat we must do, Improve ligting. I thinlk the center of attention is more important than a background.
Old Dec 27, 2010, 10:20 AM   #1279

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Grain is noise, and this is not a professional cam, yes weall know tat. Sample shots says a lot. and wat we must do, Improve ligting.
Exactly. Our eyes are much more sensitive than any camera's image sensor, so good quality photography or video recording requires a lot of illumination, especially indoors. For the best results, turn on all the lights in the room, or move to a room with brighter lighting and more reflective walls.
vwestlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2010, 11:06 AM   #1280

If we want perfection, and a commercial was done.

2 people hiking, a professional doing his best to capture hte moment, the Hiker whips out hte cam quickly zooms in , Snap, and that pro misses the shot

Something that We do not want to miss, and Kodak gave us the cam just for that with their igh Expectations and a low Budget.

Here I will show a shot in Pure daylight of just that. I rather not have scrambled, and not have captured the Moment.

One must take hte time set up and be able to do that in a snap, and that is exactly this cam. want perfection then this cam may not be that for others no manual controls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zgD9T__kLo