Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 27, 2009, 3:19 AM   #131

Trevmar. thank you,

the Aipteks have the shutter controlled, one is nightshot mode, and as well as a setting that we haveno control of, so I again wonder , if firmware can do this?

Kodak I am sure has one other besides the assigned one. it has to. I am sure of that.

So I do appologise for my actions....

Kodak (cough) (cough) get your act together.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2009, 10:23 AM   #132

I sure hope Kodak can somehow fix this -- I was playing with the Zi8 last night (I have until Friday to get in under the Best Buy 14-day return), and the 720p/60fps mode produces incredible results in good lighting. Panning is especially good in this mode, but the picture overall is more lifelike.

I need a couple more days to see if I can live with the lines. I may just take it back and wait for the next Kodak pocket camera and hope they've ironed out the issue while retaining the otherwise stunning video quality.
jrstinkfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2009, 2:16 PM   #133

I hear ya, to purchase and offer ourfeedback, I am sure a discound should be offered Kodak. its unfair for the consumer to say this needs afix, and ignore the orginal users.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 5:41 PM   #134

I just ordered an Xacti HG10. I will post my impressions Friday. I am kicking myself for not noticing the release of this device - it has the same full-manual controls of the HD2000 (aperture, ISO and shutter) . Apparently it also has the 15fps mode, which will offset the bad review it got for low light at camcorderinfo

It seems smaller than my old HD700, and has CMOS rather than CCD. The raw videos I have found look about as good as you can get from 720p. I got an open-box unit from B&H for $135

Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2009, 5:51 PM   #135

good luck with it It is the better choice. I will pick it up for you if you like. LOL. looks like the one I returned LOL
Old Oct 27, 2009, 6:04 PM   #136

I don't need 60p. I want full control over exposure so that I can use it to record lectures in darkened halls. The old Xacti models used to over-saturate images from slide projectors. That is why full-manual controls are what I want. And a properly controlled aperture, so that I can leave the shutter fixed at 15fps or 30fps, so as to get good motion blur.

I hope the unit you returned didn't have 'hot pixels.' It would be just my luck to get that
Old Oct 27, 2009, 6:53 PM   #137

It's going ona train ride ofthe pkg system at the store. I been in there a few times, and they laughed so hard ofthe Aiptek I had. now they stock them. a great place to visit when in NYC. You pick a line, wait for a sales person, and you ge great help, all hands on. just when ever in the Appledo not visit on a saturday, they're closed. The Kodak, I have turned on the tube and seen scare tactics not a fan, andthey showed a skit, and wow viertical lines. I have a comparison video for the DOD, when given thechance I will show the Low level of the classic cars. and see if the simularity is ther with the dod f200 for the kodak.

I added to my collection the Samsung hmx-u10. you be amazedwhen I justturned on both cams and which one out shined on the tft screen... how you keep some one in suspense.... yep if I have to wait so shall you LOL.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 10:51 PM   #138

Fishy,
The HMX-U10 looks like a nice device. At least it doesn't stop after 25 minutes of Video, like the JVC Picsio GC-FM1.

I ordered a DOD, as I never got the chance to tear apart the Aiptek's like you did, and I rather liked the hardware hacking that Japanese blogger was doing on the DOD
Old Oct 28, 2009, 3:15 AM   #139

THe Hmx-U10, very leigantly designed, a different look over the Kodak here.

Kodak if you're monitoring, Samsung did not need to place a name to the Hybrid, a little babyious , do you think?

The Kodak, and samsun I am sure have limitations as well, while the JVC in the USA I will not purchase at this moment, $200.00 is a little steap fora new hybrid.

now tht be interestingto see the DOD f200 mod's thanks.
to tearapart the Aiptek Action HD GVS will be walkingaround with less the outershell LOL sticky parts are applied.
Old Oct 28, 2009, 4:15 AM   #140

hi guys.

i was just wondering. the blue streaks could they be caused by having the wrong memory card?

thanks

Chris
chrisc74 is offline   Reply With Quote