Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 6, 2011, 3:23 AM   #1401

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhuey View Post
http://www.youtube.com/user/MaxxHuey1?blend=9&ob=5

I tried to use the "Quick Fix Stabilizer" in YouTube. Results were mixed, some came out ok while others not. This stabilizer fix anticipate the next motion to correct the previous motion which make some video weird.

Any know if our MediaImpression have stabilizer option (I did not find any) or is there any good (preferably FREE) software or shareware that does this Video stabilizing well?
The video titled Food Nation seems to have your captioning jumping all over the place, which is very disconcerting -
was this the effect of YouTube's Quick Fix Stabilizer?
If so, perhaps the captioning ought to be done AFTER the software stabilization?

Don't think ArcSoft MediaImpressions for Kodak has any stabilizer features - pdf USER MANUAL - ArcSoft.

Search for video stabilizer on Softpedia shows 2 that are freeware -
but seem like add-ons for VirtualDub (which is free).

ArcSoft Video Stabilizer 1.0.9.24 is listed as $80,
has a 15 days trial (doesn't say if there are any other limitations)

HOWEVER it appears that it is no longer actually on the ArcSoft website -
see this post Video Stabilizer - ArcSoft Forums

AND it is listed on Archive.org -
link: ArcSoft Video Stabilizer : http://www.arcsoft.com/en/products ...
I'm not sure if this means it is now (legally) free, or if it is merely another trial version.
I downloaded and installed this - there does not seem to be any trial like restrictions -
but it appears to only recognize .mpg .mpeg and .avi files (have to convert first)

Last edited by UnknownVT; Dec 6, 2011 at 4:36 AM.
UnknownVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2011, 11:22 AM   #1402

Arc has new software for totally free , cool.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 2:54 AM   #1403

Default Yes you are right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownVT View Post
The video titled Food Nation seems to have your captioning jumping all over the place, which is very disconcerting -
was this the effect of YouTube's Quick Fix Stabilizer?
If so, perhaps the captioning ought to be done AFTER the software stabilization?

Don't think ArcSoft MediaImpressions for Kodak has any stabilizer features - pdf USER MANUAL - ArcSoft.

Search for video stabilizer on Softpedia shows 2 that are freeware -
but seem like add-ons for VirtualDub (which is free).

ArcSoft Video Stabilizer 1.0.9.24 is listed as $80,
has a 15 days trial (doesn't say if there are any other limitations)

HOWEVER it appears that it is no longer actually on the ArcSoft website -
see this post Video Stabilizer - ArcSoft Forums

AND it is listed on Archive.org -
link: ArcSoft Video Stabilizer : http://www.arcsoft.com/en/products ...
I'm not sure if this means it is now (legally) free, or if it is merely another trial version.
I downloaded and installed this - there does not seem to be any trial like restrictions -
but it appears to only recognize .mpg .mpeg and .avi files (have to convert first)
Yes, the stabilizer on youtube anticipate motions on next frame to compromized the present frame which cause some weird motion, the movement of the captioning is the exact opposite of the jittering motion fixed by the software so you are right, I should go one more step adding caption after stabilizing, but that takes a lot of time, typical upload of a 5 minute video from my place takes about 2 hours! (after thought: I can also add caption via Youtube instead of using MI). If youtube have a amount settings on the stabilizer, it would probably help so one does not have to have too much stabilizing when not needed. Quick fix Stabilizing also turn walking jitters into vibration sometimes...

I just posted "Taipei Day 1" and this one seem to work better with Q/F stabilizer, although those weird caption motion are still there.

I have looked at the software you mentioned too, most others want to recommend Vegas - $500+! I think Corel have one for $90 but can't find any review on it.

There's a street in Beijing where there are maybe 50 stores selling camera equipment but none have steadycam or it derivatives...

yesterday, I sent a inquiry to a guy in ebay who makes equivalent/clone of steadycam Merline, selling for $90 and got a reply from his wife that they are no longer in business due to his brain damage! sad...

I guess I must learn to hold the cam steady'er

I did not use Zi8 EIS on all the videos taken in Beijing and Taiwan, maybe I should on most of them.

Cheers!

Last edited by maxhuey; Dec 7, 2011 at 3:05 AM.
maxhuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2011, 3:04 AM   #1404

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Arc has new software for totally free , cool.
I look at their site, MI3 doesn't seems to have any more features than what we had at the moment...

Do you mean free trial & does it have stabilizer?

got link?

Cheers!

Update: ok found it on Softpedia, large file! will try it right away...

Last edited by maxhuey; Dec 7, 2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 9:40 PM   #1405

Default I stayed up all night...

Still on jet lag time, I was able to pick a few freebies editor software, starting with VideoPad with Deshaker, I managed to get this one working.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_b3D1xZEEk

There are plenty of configurations available for Deshaker (plug-in?) most of which I don't understand so I merely go Full Scale, Use All Pixel (both will increase conversion time) and left the rest default. might have to go to college to learn the rest.

There must be another million of things one can do with this Video Editor.

Last edited by maxhuey; Dec 7, 2011 at 9:43 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:41 PM   #1406

Default MI not uploading to Youtube starting last night...

Just wondering if anyone is also experiencing this problem?

Reply from Arcsoft is suppose to install some .dll file manually, I'll post the file as soon as I can get it.

Cheers, max
Old Mar 1, 2012, 2:14 PM   #1407

I used my zed eye 8 a few times. I miss the narrower field in ways. Guess we get spoiled with wide angle 24 mm lenses
Old May 3, 2012, 12:42 PM   #1408

Default Battery

Hey Fish, been a while since... Both aftermarket batteries for the Zi8 had gone bad only after less than 30 cycles, (maybe because I did not use them often) while the original Kodak KLIC7004 still hold up pretty good. Just wondering if you were able to buy good aftermarket batteries...

I Google for NP-50 (which is the same as KLIC7004), most are cheap batteries from HK and I suspected they would not last either. Bought some stuff off Deal Extreme, price is good but can't find NP-50 batteries there...

Cheers, max
Old May 3, 2012, 4:37 PM   #1409

Quote:
Both aftermarket batteries for the Zi8 had gone bad only after less than 30 cycles, (maybe because I did not use them often) while the original Kodak KLIC7004 still hold up pretty good. Just wondering if you were able to buy good aftermarket batteries...
Not Fishy, but he had a post:

for kd-klic 7004 kodak zi8 batt

and there was a thread that he took part in:

Extra battery for Zx3
The Zx3 uses the same KLIC7004 battery
UnknownVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 5:17 AM   #1410

Quote:
Hey Fish, been a while since... Both aftermarket batteries for the Zi8 had gone bad only after less than 30 cycles, (maybe because I did not use them often) while the original Kodak KLIC7004 still hold up pretty good. Just wondering if you were able to buy good aftermarket batteries...

I Google for NP-50 (which is the same as KLIC7004), most are cheap batteries from HK and I suspected they would not last either. Bought some stuff off Deal Extreme, price is good but can't find NP-50 batteries there...

Cheers, max
http://www.overstock.com/Electronics...2/product.html

8.00 for 2, I got a charger for around that with the two, and was overstock.com

DX.com has the Aiptek np-60, but like said cannot find at the site. I feel tehy are a good pricefor 10.00 vs BB at 40-60.00