Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 15, 2012, 3:58 AM   #1411

Default many thank for the quick reply

Vincent, I could never figure out how to use the search box properly, type in "zi8 battery" but got no where near... makes me wonder how did I ever get pass High School?

Fish, 1400 mAh, if true, is probably higher capacity than original. and the price is really good too! I think I will order those next time. Reason is, DealExtreme had sent me wrong cell phone battery & charger so I have $15 store credit, then they show me that they have KLIC7004 listed under Fuji F550EXR (http://dx.com/replacement-3-7v-1000m...xr-more-127212), but only 1000 mAh and $7.50 each - higher than overstock.com - so I order those just because they have my $$.

cheers, max
maxhuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2012, 2:11 PM   #1412

Default NP-50 batteries

The batteries I ordered from Deal Extreme arrived in one week this time, came in a very professional package just like those name brand batteries. May be this is why they cost slightly more than other brand, paying for the packaging. I hope the quality is as good as the packaging. It also indicated as a replacement for KLIC7004 in very small print.

Rate at 1000 mAH, it came with 1/2 charge in the batteries. I put them in my external charger and it took over 1 hour to charge to full capacity so probably will take over 2 hours to charge from empty.

I am going to test the capacity to see how long it last and post it here.
Old May 25, 2012, 3:49 PM   #1413

Awesome you got your batteries Long live the zi8
Old May 25, 2012, 8:31 PM   #1414

Max... well now it is my time wit hteh Sanyo xacti I own, thought I prepare for selling. And No juice. either i let it sit beyondits time and battery is d E A D.

DX.com only has charger. researched and said Ebay, 2 batts for 8.00 cannot pass that up free shipping est del time 2 weeks about.

3.00 I can get a batt free ship to long a ship date and a lil more same time for $4.00 per batt. And if it brings back the cam a lucky person gts a great cam for a great price.

Best to always charge the batts every so often I normally do.
Old May 28, 2012, 6:49 AM   #1415

Fish, DX did not list the battery for Kodak, but instead they list it under a different part number F550EXR for Fuji. I found the battery by looking at the pictures and dimensions of the battery. Took me a while but got it eventually. I had tried the battery out and it lasted slightly longer than the original kodak KLIC 7004. I just hope it will give me lots of cycles.

I have 2 Zi8, second one was given to me by a friend who does not know how to use it. The focus on this one is not as good as my original Zi8. Since this is a fix focus cam, I am wondering if there is a way I can adjust the focus of this one. I am using the second Zi8 as an In car DVR. Have lots of footage posted in my youtube channel "maxxhuey1", the video did not come out good.

here is one of them : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1iCr2rjp80
Old May 28, 2012, 7:36 AM   #1416

you may open up the outer cover and you'll see the lens. Thecover is one screw behind tha batt door, remove it, and lift up remember the macro infinity position to replace same way back.

Under the cver you shall see the lens if it is accessable or not. you may have to open further and if it is glued they say a light heat source blwing on it to ge the glue, like the gopro. and then you turn the lens a bit

but b4 you mess with the best Torqe mark it so incase you need to get back to that position.
Old May 31, 2012, 2:59 PM   #1417

Thanks, for the detail instructions fish, I will be very careful with marking the original position.

By the way, it looks like the new batteries from DX is a winner, after the second full charge, it went over 2 hours of recordings (I completely filled two 8 GB SD's). It remain to be seen how many cycles this battery will do... The other indicator for good battery is leaving it unused did not loose any charge.
Old May 31, 2012, 3:06 PM   #1418

one's Igot after two years one is trashed the otehr is sitting. try not to let any lipo sit toooo long they go dead,
Old Jun 16, 2012, 10:48 PM   #1419

I think this the tiny out of focus problem I have is due to the wide angle lens, quality is not all that good but Stabilizing Software also degraded the video a bit.
By the way Fish, I remember a couple of years back you were experimenting on a remote control for the Zi8... do you remember what brand of Remote you were using that work with Zi8? I have a few small Universal Remote maybe I can reprogram to that brand?

Last edited by maxhuey; Jun 16, 2012 at 11:57 PM.
Old Jun 17, 2012, 6:57 AM   #1420

VIzeo tv

the wide angle lenses of deal extreme are gimmicks they work then wear out, to fast you noitce th issues a month in or less