Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:20 AM   #1461

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
I would love to know more about Key cam 909? even a picture of it?
There appears to be a YouTube Review
and lots of videos on YouTube -
search 909 keychain cam

Sorry to keep editing -
search 909 key-chain cam
found it as low as US$7.59 shipped on eBay

BUT - these seems to be only -
"Video AVI Format 30fps 720 x 480 High Resolution"

I did not see HD - 720p or 1080p

According to ChuckLohr.com on the 808
there are lots of versions of the 808 -
someone thinks the 909 is based on the 808 #5 (ref: post
#5023)

The HD (720p) versions of the 808 seem to be unscaled from the native 720x480

Last edited by UnknownVT; Nov 28, 2012 at 2:54 PM.
UnknownVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 6:38 PM   #1462

The Key cam 909 I researched. after Max has posted, while hoping some insight, so he can enlighten us if it has MOV format chuck is the guy, to ask about the cam, yes indeed?

The official cam is the Key cam 808 owner of four. newest firmware will offer a lot of features.

time lapse, motion detect, effects Ev and some more. but only and only with additional cards carried, or presetting at home , if you go out set up for time lapse you can snap your video no problem, but if you set to b & w then all shots are black and white.

the cam is good. for aerial footage on rc planes, motor bike hat cams etc....

40 minutes of usage no more per charge, and colder weather 30 seconds or so per charge. remember Lipo batts are to be watched when on charge at all times.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 5:33 AM   #1463

Default HK is scam city

Sorry for not posting for long time. as the title said, hong kong is really a scam haven, most merchants will try everything in the book to scam tourist. I also found out the 909 is in reality a fake / clone they try to sell as HD but in fact just a 640 X 480 interpolated to 720. similar chip as in my new in car DVR - fake HD. That 909 is worth no more than $10 retail. Also famous restaurants are scamming tourist too. not just the street market but stores,taxi, food vendor, etc also cheat whatever way they can. I ended up very sick with stomach full of worms by eating stuff they serve. eventually found out the lobster they serve are full of bacteria and parasites. WILL NEVER GO TO HONG KONG AGAIN AND NO ONE SHOULD EITHER!
maxhuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2012, 9:58 AM   #1464

Maxhuey:

Happy/Sad to hear about your vacation. We have to read up, about the culture, the way people live, and we can avoid future things like that. We all hear about Mexico, do not drink the water, and that would also count for Salads, fruits, anything that has mostly water.....

Also shopping off the beaten path.

The people I mention the 909 KC, they laughed at me, and yes it hurts when people are plane Rude, because not only me gets hurt, you also.

the KC 808 online is the one to get and I always said these are pc low budget... look at my signature lol.

had a great time and a lot to share...... as well......

I taken my zx3, and playtouch, left my ZI8 home. and well could have left the Playsport home to, and soon the Playtouch, well all depends on what I am shooting.

My play touch playback no longer works guess it is a spot on the touch screen being picky... well enough said .. would loe to hear your FUN in HOng Kong
Old Jan 8, 2013, 8:40 PM   #1465

Hey Guys i need help with my kodak zi8

It keeps fading to a darker lighting shade for brief periods making chroma keying impossible
http://youtu.be/hVc4o8ywJVg theres a video sample of it

Please help
Secretlybatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 4:16 AM   #1466

Quote:
Maxhuey:

Happy/Sad to hear about your vacation. We have to read up, about the culture, the way people live, and we can avoid future things like that. We all hear about Mexico, do not drink the water, and that would also count for Salads, fruits, anything that has mostly water.....

Also shopping off the beaten path.

The people I mention the 909 KC, they laughed at me, and yes it hurts when people are plane Rude, because not only me gets hurt, you also.

the KC 808 online is the one to get and I always said these are pc low budget... look at my signature lol.

had a great time and a lot to share...... as well......

I taken my zx3, and playtouch, left my ZI8 home. and well could have left the Playsport home to, and soon the Playtouch, well all depends on what I am shooting.

My play touch playback no longer works guess it is a spot on the touch screen being picky... well enough said .. would loe to hear your FUN in HOng Kong
We really enjoyed our time in Taiwan, People are very friendly and polite, merchant are too. looks like everything here cost less than HK, including hotel, food and transportation. Shopping is amazing, went to camera streeet where 95% of the stores sell nothing but camera and accs. there are not just one street but at least 6~8 of them all together in one small area.
see here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lipw7Kbl4K4

by the way, my son wanted a zi8 but I was shocked to see amazon and others selling them at $400 ~ $500!!!
wonder what gives? because I just paid $45 last year for a new ZX3...
Old Jan 29, 2013, 4:32 AM   #1467

what gives is people think its right to sell and make a killing. I just avoid them, like gas stations.

Some people cannotget out an sufer to pay the price.

that vid looked like hours of fun?

Last edited by fishycomics; Jan 29, 2013 at 4:58 AM.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:41 AM   #1468

Quote:
what gives is people think its right to sell and make a killing. I just avoid them, like gas stations.

Some people cannotget out an sufer to pay the price.

that vid looked like hours of fun?
but what is the reason behind these exorbitant prices? Is it just because Kodak went tit's up?

Yes, I was there window shopping for hours until the wife slapped me silly!
Old Jan 30, 2013, 4:02 AM   #1469

Not b/c kodak, it's due to what people now can get away with.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 4:56 PM   #1470

you got to be kidding $450.00 for a zi8, price gouging $350.00 as well, $150.00 is fair. no on the other hand a part should not go for as much as a used cam. so maybe I will keep an eye out for some

I hope they get charged for relisting that high a price. and be careful.