Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 3, 2009, 1:00 AM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollity View Post
what do you mean by dead pixels ?
dead pixels are white spots on the lcd screen. they dont effect the recording or stills but they are on the screen all the time. sometimes thay are black or red or blue. they are also called stuck pixels. sometimes by running a fix program which flashes blue red and green the pixel can be fixed.

i tried it but it didnt work. with my zi8 the dead pixels increased and i had only had it for a day. i have done a video about it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI7eZ...eature=related

i put a picture of the dead pixels in the video.

hope this helps.
chrisc74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2009, 3:04 AM   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisc74 View Post
dead pixels are white spots on the lcd screen. they dont effect the recording or stills but they are on the screen all the time. sometimes thay are black or red or blue. they are also called stuck pixels. sometimes by running a fix program which flashes blue red and green the pixel can be fixed.

i tried it but it didnt work. with my zi8 the dead pixels increased and i had only had it for a day. i have done a video about it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI7eZ...eature=related

i put a picture of the dead pixels in the video.

hope this helps.
1. dead Pixal on camcorder sensor.

2 when new firmware loaded onesaid they seen some other info to get into. I say JUST LAOD AND LEAVE ALONE!

calibration test ofwhite, and Black, test paper, distance are needed, notjust one sheet a number of thicknesses.

You se atthe lower section by your right hand Chris.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2009, 3:18 AM   #163

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhuey View Post

Ok, you gotta slow down here cause I am not much of a techno guy.
This cam came with Arcsoft Media Impression, but it is not the most forgiving software, took me 3 days and my daughter's puter skill to configure it right for my laptop (hp dv6105). On-line Support is almost useless as it kept looping back to the same starting point - square one.

After S/W installation, I managed to import the files from the cam to the puter, file type is .MOV

Once stitched together with MI, it seems to have lost it's HD quality & when burned into DVD, it just give me SD. I am not sure how to load the file back to the cam as there are no facilities in MI to allow doing that. Should I be using a different editing S/W and if so, which one is the simplest to use (& free?)?

so...what does PMP player stand for (sound like just what I was intending to use this cam for - play HD family video on big screen)
Pmp def portable media plyaer

1 arcsoft TMI or tme TMI (total media Impression) may not have 1920x1080 res, but 1280x720, I do not know if it will , it's a older, and less favered program, super basic, should be simple to figure out but powerful as well.

2 when you say you can take a file off thecam, can you place thatsame one back, not edited? YEs, great.

so when you transfer that file example 838_023.mov you edit in TMI, and rendered you should name it 838_838_123. so file 838_231 does not get overwritten, unless you want it to, then the file wil show up in the cam.

you are naming it family gathering etc, etc itwill only show asa ? mark, am I right? that is the simplicity. you cannotdo thiswith other editing programs , its missing acertain codec lol.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 9:13 AM   #164

Quote:
dramatic thing from amazon
-few weeks after this cam released it reached 220$ on amazon (it is 180$ on kodak site) maybe because some people saying wow it is wonderful cam !!
-after some people talked about problems like vertical line, shake at the bottom of 1080 video and zoom going to dark in some situations so the price dropped to 140$
- now after some people talked about a new firmware coming from kodak (1.06) the price become 195$ ! even we didn't see or test the firmware they are talking about.

what is happening exactly? i don't know
It's $179 now, which is the standard retail price for it. It was $149 for a while due to an instant rebate provided by Kodak, but that ended on the 31st. Also keep in mind if Amazon runs out of stock, the price they list is the lowest price from one of their associated vendors, so that may explain why the price was higher than $179 at one point -- in my experience, Amazon is really fair about pricing, they won't price gouge due to demand.
jrstinkfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2009, 11:14 AM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Pmp def portable media plyaer

1 arcsoft TMI or tme TMI (total media Impression) may not have 1920x1080 res, but 1280x720, I do not know if it will , it's a older, and less favered program, super basic, should be simple to figure out but powerful as well.
As soon as I plug USB of cam into puter 1st time, it load MI (not TMI) and then said there's a newer version from the net. So I took he newer version & yes it will do 1920 x 1080.

Quote:
2 when you say you can take a file off thecam, can you place thatsame one back, not edited? YEs, great.
I can not figure how to use MI to place files back into the cam, edited or not. So I got brave last night, pull the SD out, load the file on SD and plug it back into the cam BUT, still have problem mentioned below.

Quote:
so when you transfer that file example 838_023.mov you edit in TMI, and rendered you should name it 838_838_123. so file 838_231 does not get overwritten, unless you want it to, then the file wil show up in the cam.

you are naming it family gathering etc, etc itwill only show asa ? mark, am I right? that is the simplicity. you cannotdo thiswith other editing programs , its missing acertain codec lol.
Yes, naming the file anything other than 828_843.MOV format will not work, by that I meant the cam just will not show any file in there.

So... Success!!!, I was able to use the cam as PMP finally!!!

On my 72" Toshiba DLP (yes I am old timer...), difference between 1080 & 720 is minimal. 1080 / 30 fps seems to show slightly sharper image but 720 /60 fps is much smoother.

Looks like I have to upgrade my hp dv 6105 laptop since it will not read 4 GB SDHC, maybe it is the card reader that needs to be upgraded.

Cheers, max
maxhuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2009, 12:49 PM   #166

breaking news
kodak released 1.06 firmware

http://www.kodak.com/global/mul/serv...duct=EKN036561

This firmware version provides WINDOWS 7 compatibility and improves the following features: Audio recording and playback; Digital Zoom; User Interface; Video quality in low-light conditions.
bollity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2009, 1:09 PM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhuey View Post
As soon as I plug USB of cam into puter 1st time, it load MI (not TMI) and then said there's a newer version from the net. So I took he newer version & yes it will do 1920 x 1080.

I can not figure how to use MI to place files back into the cam, edited or not. So I got brave last night, pull the SD out, load the file on SD and plug it back into the cam BUT, still have problem mentioned below.

Yes, naming the file anything other than 828_843.MOV format will not work, by that I meant the cam just will not show any file in there.

So... Success!!!, I was able to use the cam as PMP finally!!!

On my 72" Toshiba DLP (yes I am old timer...), difference between 1080 & 720 is minimal. 1080 / 30 fps seems to show slightly sharper image but 720 /60 fps is much smoother.

Looks like I have to upgrade my hp dv 6105 laptop since it will not read 4 GB SDHC, maybe it is the card reader that needs to be upgraded.

Cheers, max
all is fine. great.

samsung and kodak must have thesame software lol will need to try like I said thanks for your feedback
Old Nov 3, 2009, 1:10 PM   #168

Quote:
breaking news
kodak released 1.06 firmware

http://www.kodak.com/global/mul/serv...duct=EKN036561

This firmware version provides WINDOWS 7 compatibility and improves the following features: Audio recording and playback; Digital Zoom; User Interface; Video quality in low-light conditions.

gee I wonder if that is what they currupted in 1.3-to-1.5 LOL
let me know what it fixs when you load it?
Old Nov 3, 2009, 2:10 PM   #169

As I via chatted with Maria C. I asked the very basic questions. FW 1.056 the two files, do they get loaded up in the cam, YES

Will fw 1.06 fix what fw 1.05 did not YES
what are thefixs. c/p the info on the web of the fixs at kodak.com

will the Vertical lines be resolved with fw 1.06. Yes the vertical lines of the pictures will be corrected.

If they arestill appearingwhat is the next step, send in forrepair, the lenses has a issue,
defective sensor.

So it is said that the sensors of kodak may be a defect.

So imagine what the next model will have ?
Old Nov 3, 2009, 4:09 PM   #170

So I ordered a charger, and two batterries that I could not pass up, not of Ebay for $12.00, and a battery pack tha will charge a cellphone mp3 player etc using 4AA batterries, a usb device port. 15.00

I had a giftcard that paid for the items.

So now i should be set when I use my ZI8, and can adapt the backup to any of my devices of a usb port.

I as well recieved my Condensor mic, and not the sonly clone, I reordered a second, andstill awaiting. for my mod. the mics are small, so I wonder how well they will proform. not going to open the kodak orother cams thank you.