Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 10, 2009, 7:27 PM   #211

I be ever so happy to do that test , but for some reason that dam cable got legs and walked away here

frame shot by frame shot. no video til cables are found
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2009, 7:35 PM   #212

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum, but have appreciated the comments and experiences of forum members for a while. Just as an FYI for members asking about frame-by-frame advance with the Zi8: I have a remote and it does work for frame-by-frame advance using the same procedure as with the Zi8 alone. It's a pretty handy little gadget for under $10.00 and it works well from as far as 30 feet away (haven't checked it to see what its maximum range is). Bottomline, frame-by-frame works both with a remote and by use of the Zi8 alone.
Notafrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2009, 7:40 PM   #213

I am still looking for those cables. I am now thinking it nevercame with it Oh boy white and yellow wonder what happened

I think verification verbally is good enough for the site but one always want video LOL. thanks and Wlcome aboard Notafrong...
Old Nov 10, 2009, 7:43 PM   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
I am still looking for those cables. I am now thinking it nevercame with it Oh boy white and yellow wonder what happened

I think verification verbally is good enough for the site but one always want video LOL. thanks and Wlcome aboard Notafrong...
fishy, don't worry i'm busy doing that test
maicod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2009, 7:45 PM   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by maicod View Post
fishy, don't worry i'm busy doing that test

thanks maicod, I believe that is one cable that never came with my pkg lol. I wil have to go purchase a 99 cent one Lol

and funny how I just placed all them neatly away LOL
Old Nov 10, 2009, 7:55 PM   #216

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
thanks maicod, I believe that is one cable that never came with my pkg lol. I wil have to go purchase a 99 cent one Lol

and funny how I just placed all them neatly away LOL
don't you mean the zi8's built-in USB cable that you need ?
Old Nov 10, 2009, 7:58 PM   #217

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmiller View Post
As I mentioned earlier, I bought the Zi8 and tested it for frame-by-frame control, but I was unable to get it to work. What happens is that it APPEARS to move ahead by a frame (when in pause mode and joystick is pressed to the right), but actually moves about 10 frames (unlike the Zi6). One might not notice this unless the video being replayed involves very fast motion... like swinging a club. Could someone test this again? Even a quick wave of the hand in front of the camera will do the trick. Can you then advance the video just one frame by clicking right... then one more frame with another press... and so forth?
I recorded my hand going past the zi8's lens and in avidemux I proceeded frame by frame and it took 18 steps (18 frames) from my hand coming in the picture until it completely disappeared and on the zi8 I had to press the joystick 18 times to the right to do the same so it shows frame by frame ! I did this in 1080p

see the pics and their comments inside the pics
Old Nov 10, 2009, 8:13 PM   #218

As I found my cable i will add to maicod's post a video.

on the Kodak playback at pause:
4 second mark 60 count each count is a frame , I counted 60 and went to 5 second mark,I was in a 720P 60fps so that verifies, and tells you its a frame by frame only in a pause mode. you cannot press a video and then go to each frame. You can start a vid quickly pause it and then start your project.

You cannot edit inside, and would only be of playback, nothing more, its a great feature to view yes but do not expect perfection of a Pc low budget economy hybrid .

Shot with the samsung Hmx u10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZQoVxny7Y0
Old Nov 10, 2009, 8:21 PM   #219

both our methods are good and better 2 to prove it than 1 !
I laughed at you counting 1-60 hehe

Last edited by maicod; Nov 10, 2009 at 8:29 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2009, 8:34 PM   #220

To all who want to know more about the Zi8. I made an unboxing/review video (2 parts) on youtube. You can watch and comment and rate them if you like.

Links:

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE9Tn1T9aQk

Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhNry76Oqlg