Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 10, 2009, 9:55 PM   #221

Default been away for a few days...

was catching up reading and just tried frame by frame, works very well and very intuitive, press play, then pause, then right or left to frame by frame. still on fw 1.01, wonder if i should save this version and how to do it...Cheers! max
maxhuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2009, 9:59 PM   #222

I appreciate the testing all have done to verify that the remote will control the Zi8 in frame-by-frame mode. I'm convinced it will work and will buy one tomorrow. Thank you.
rdmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2009, 3:59 AM   #223

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhuey View Post
was catching up reading and just tried frame by frame, works very well and very intuitive, press play, then pause, then right or left to frame by frame. still on fw 1.01, wonder if i should save this version and how to do it...Cheers! max
defualt firmware must be had, If you Contact Kodak and get it please let all know Fw1.01 is your defualt.

you can upgrade to 1.03 but not back no way to sav in my eyes.

Fw 1.01 has a sound of high pith , 1.03 is the cure and happy with that, 1.05 and 1.06 are the claimed by company beter one's, till they come out with 1.07, then saying again it's a better one he he he.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2009, 4:02 AM   #224

Quote:
Originally Posted by maicod View Post
both our methods are good and better 2 to prove it than 1 !
I laughed at you counting 1-60 hehe

I could have should have and held back, but hey I wanted to watch V lol.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 6:37 AM   #225

As I and others may or may not like the way lower resolution settings are having some sort of zoom in lighting adjustments, and only Hd1080p shows a correct zoom. Kodaks Focus team must look into having the same adjustments, otherwise, One would have to now film in the highest quality, and a larger SDHC card, and edit to the desired resolution one wants.

As We're in a HD1080P world, and Online flash world, filming hd1080p for a few sites to blog-to- priceless moments, may not want to film in hd1080P where Youtube facebook vimeo are hd720P flash, while Hdwebtown is default, hd1080P.

in wide, zooming, and full zoom, pre-rec or rec. in all modes

Hd1080p the primary is in working order

Hd720p the cam will adjut, and will work correct if other steps are to be taken, same for all other res's.

Still. same as mentioned above.

a video of this will only show, the actual low level can be demostrated, and that will be available soon.

Kodak Monitors, and I am sure the Focus team has some issues to adrees to the table, and work on Fw 1.08 while I am sure they have fw 1.07 in the works already as we speak.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 8:32 AM   #226

The zooming issues with the Zi8 may be because it is 4X digital zoom, while the Zi6 and Zx1 were only 2X digital zoom. Perhaps they haven't fully debugged that extra 2X of zoom. I wouldn't recommend using digital zoom beyond 2X anyway, as the image will always get pixellated.
vwestlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2009, 1:25 PM   #227

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwestlife View Post
I wouldn't recommend using digital zoom beyond 2X anyway, as the image will always get pixellated.
Actually, my DOD F200HD doesn't pixellate at full zoom. Additionally, if you use the digital zoom to frame exactly what you want in your final photo, the white balance and exposure will be calculated on that part of the image, and not be confused by things you might later crop off
Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2009, 2:12 PM   #228

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwestlife View Post
The zooming issues with the Zi8 may be because it is 4X digital zoom, while the Zi6 and Zx1 were only 2X digital zoom. Perhaps they haven't fully debugged that extra 2X of zoom. I wouldn't recommend using digital zoom beyond 2X anyway, as the image will always get pixellated.

If we had 8x, or even 16x i still only go 40% in 2x you'll not go pass 1x of zoon once we go to full zoom it is not good.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 3:34 PM   #229

as you have a Fw 1.06 lets hope Kodak shows this to their people.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 7:30 PM   #230

Default Comparison of Zi8 and Aiptek Pencam HD in low light

First the Aiptek, then the Kodak. Both shot at 720p, 30fps.

The Aiptek has an f3.0 lens; the Kodak has an f2.8. Notice the angle of view is almost identical, so about the same focal length for both lenses. The videos were re-rendered in Windows Movie Maker at the the same bitrate, so bitrate does not account for any difference.

Both do pretty well in this static shot, but the Kodak is noticeably better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11kptOuXtxs&fmt=22
markr041 is offline   Reply With Quote