Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 14, 2009, 10:20 PM   #241

The Zi6 does frame-by-frame advance just by holding the jog button to the right. It advances at a nice, steady pace... the same way the Flip does, and RCA hybrids and others. Only the Zi8 jumps ahead quickly.

VWestLife... even 3-4 frames per second is far too fast to analyze sports motion with detail.

So back to my questions. Is there someone in this forum who has a ZX1 and a remote, and can test frame-by-frame playback? I believe the ZX1 camera itself works the same as the Zi6, but I'm not sure if this kind of playback is available through the remote. Is there a better place for me to post this question?
rdmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2009, 6:59 AM   #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmiller View Post
The Zi6 does frame-by-frame advance just by holding the jog button to the right. It advances at a nice, steady pace... the same way the Flip does, and RCA hybrids and others. Only the Zi8 jumps ahead quickly.

VWestLife... even 3-4 frames per second is far too fast to analyze sports motion with detail.

So back to my questions. Is there someone in this forum who has a ZX1 and a remote, and can test frame-by-frame playback? I believe the ZX1 camera itself works the same as the Zi6, but I'm not sure if this kind of playback is available through the remote. Is there a better place for me to post this question?
It may be in your best interest to do one of thefollowing.

1. wait, wwait , waittill one reads in here that may just have a zx1

2. In thHybrid, or Kodak, post your own topic, and a better chance to see if one owns and can comment.

3. go to a local electronics store, and place in your own sdhc card and test out.

In oneway you'll find your answer.

I am sure a member owns one, but may not read something offtopic, thanks
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2009, 8:40 AM   #243

The pricing is set at 150.00, take back a penny or so, for the sales of the Kodak zi8. Bestbuy, and target to be found just before the big sale days of Black friday, they ranted, and raved all over the net that there will be these Bogus sales rumoring around, to me they are just publicity today. Save afew more Dollars and visit kodak.com, to be charged shipping with teh tax aswell, in most states today.

the choice is yours. 160.00 after all of the lowest price , was only a few dollars savings, believe me, sometimes it is not worth the Headaches that get involved.

enjoy your fun shopping for the kodak zi8 to nearly be found

out of Stock.
no sales person here, told as it is.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 1:34 PM   #244

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdmiller View Post

what the zi8 does and it is not Kodaks fault or our misadvices to you, is that when HOLDING the advance button it starts auto-selecting from frame-by frame to then 1x/2x/4x/8x/16x which is very handy because when you hold the stick sideways longer the cam decides that you apparantly want to advance through the movie alot and if it would stay at frame-by-frame speed that would take ages in longer movies

when I advised you I didn't know you wanted to HOLD the joystick and still let the cam play frame-by-frame. It does however skip one frame at the time when you click/release/click/release the joystick like FishyComics showed you in his video on youtube.

I think you're having a very precise demand on a videocamera for your Golf business and since these are cheap consumer cameras aimed at the youtube market they don't offer all the options that more expensive cameras have so unfortunately you had to find it out AFTER buying the zi8 EVEN after our advices. I can't help you with the ZX1 because I don't own one.
maicod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2009, 3:58 PM   #245

to use a remote, would be a lot harder, as pressing the infrared, never exact.

We can advance frame, view as long as 3 minutes, before camcorder shuts down, continue to next frame. repeat.ther are absolutely no settingto play at frame by frame.

do the math, If you like 1/4 = 7.5 or 15, 1/2 = 15 or 30. ,1/8 = 3.25 or 7.5. 1/16 = 1.625 or 3.15 not the math pro like i used to be lol.

So going with the manual of the cam may be your best option.

This will not be a classrooms cam , it is what you make out of it.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 3:53 PM   #246

Default great concert video using Zi8

http://www.vimeo.com/7112342

This was taken handheld at a concert. Quite amazing low-light performance.
markr041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2009, 5:30 PM   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by markr041 View Post
http://www.vimeo.com/7112342

This was taken handheld at a concert. Quite amazing low-light performance.
when he spoke I said, I bet he will sing on Brdwy.. lol oh man I was good.

The sound is great but the Gain has to be set just a tadhigher, I am sure I will have to remember doing this everytime when out for now on.
Old Nov 16, 2009, 6:46 PM   #248

Something very interesting, I thought I share with ya, as I am making a review, I was interrupted, and I started again, a few more tries.

I watched the review, and said well let me start fresh, and format again the sdhc card, the 16 gb one

A 16gb sdhc takes 9 secs to start up the Kodak zi8.
A 16gb sdhc takes 4 secs to start up the kodak zi8

I had noticed for awhile that i used my cam without paying attention of a test i ran, the zapp recharge it all. I then found out the cam took a lot longer to turn on. I tried a few cards. 2.5-4 secs.

I formatted in the pc, the cam, the pc , etc, etc a number of times.

I just formatted in the Kodak, and as i ran the test, the cam turned up @ 4.0 secs WOW!

So my idea of higher capacity card goes out the door LOL

Info on the card some where was currupted, not correctly coming on etc.
so my recommendation to all.

best to keep formatting the sd cards, the problem will get fixed.

Now that I ordered some 8 gb's I have nothing more to wory bout.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 6:44 AM   #249

As I shot some comparison video's in low levels I lean to the Kodak, reason given.

Brighter and clearer video.

I used the AIptek action HD GVS. I had filmed, and when I was able to view either on cam at the given time, or back at a pc later on.

The GVS Fully Auto was grainy and not correct in someways ( possably my cam) the video was much darker, not as Dark as the Samsung Hmx (Umx) U 10, or hte Action HD a tad brighter, and Ahd even a tad brighter.

When adding EV incriments, it made absolutely not a difference, if the EV only works on stills, or when it feels it wants to work at all on the GVS.

the next setting was Nightshot Mode that got the attention, opened the shutter up allowed a nice shot but not going to keep a steady or solid shot, due to movement of the cam.

This eads to believe the Kodak's going to be a better cam in ways.

TheKodak has a good number of features that are basic on the tft lttps screen, while in the interior the hidden features are fully Automatic not worrying about setting WB, EV apiture, etc.

Justchoose stab on /off, face detect (single face only) and or Mic gain up/down 4 incriments.

The Choice is yours.

I wonder if the mic is just a incriment low by 1 or 2, while other cams are deffently raised higher, If thecompanies as a whole can just get their Acts together, one day we will walk out the House with a perfect hybrid.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 9:30 AM   #250

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxhuey View Post
2nd, I generally took video of family, not special situation to emphsize any problem so, I don't see them. With the family members gethering in front of the big screen watching, laughing, talking, eating, drinking and partying, no one really go looking for tiny white lines etc., we just enjoy the video as a whole. When my 90 year old parent sees the chubby great grand son started to walk (and in full glory of HD), that was the most precious moment! At $145, this camera did way better than my second generation RCA video camera - with colored view finder - WoW! & dockable recorder bought in 1983 for $2,600! Yep, I learned how to appriciate things...
Looking to the future. In future they are going to screens that have wide angle of view (like the cinema but smaller, 200 cm high+), wide dynamic range, 8mp SHD (ultra HD is still coming) 3D. You will notice more on these wide angle screens (given the eyesight ). One thing I have concluded also, from my time with cinema camera development projects, is that the joy of human vision extends below our perception of it. Even if we do not notice things in the footage they can still have a profound affect on our enjoyment, subconsciously. The wisdom is not to see what we grasp but what we do not. Many professionals would even fail this.

I saw an example today, if anybody is interested. I saw Michael Jacksons "This is it" today. I do not know which cameras they were using, but they looked nice, big and prosumer at least, if not professional, nicer then the ones around here. But the quality was rather low compared to a good cinema camera on a screen with that big of an angle. Would the film have looked nicer if it was twice as good and visually lossless, yes, would it have looked better if it was twice as good again, yes, would it had been more enjoyable, definitely.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote