Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 19, 2009, 10:58 AM   #271

Markr041
First, I didn't call anyone a liar. Misrepresentation CAN be unintentional, but 3 weeks and still no response to the simple question "What is the correct size of the Zi8 sensor?" is what's ludicris. I became curious about this issue when I visited the Kodak Store and saw that the spec for the Zi8 sesor was 1/4.5 type 1.6 MP CMOS. I downloaded the Extended User Manual and checked the spec which said it was 1/2.5 type 5 MP CMOS sensor. I called the Help desk and asked which spec was correct and was told it was the Extended User Manual and that it would be changed. About a week later I checked and the change was made. Still being courious I went into the Service/Test menus for both my Zi8 and my Zi6 and discovered that both listed the sensor as MT9M002. I Googled MT9M002 and found that the manufacturer was Micron/Aptina and the spec for the MT9M002 were for the 1/4.5 type 1.6 MP CMOS sensor. So, what's the answer? Why is there conflicting information? Why hasn't Kodak been forthcoming in responding to a simple question on a spec? Why were changes on the spec changed at the Kodak Store.....continuity? Maybe Kodak isn't lying about anything, but over 3 weeks for a direct and honest response makes one think they don't have a "war plan" to deal with the question.
Notafrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 11:12 AM   #272

www.aptina.com/assets/downloadDocument.do?id=168

MT9M002 sensor. A promotional flyer by the manufacturer showing the basic specs.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 1:53 PM   #273

WHy would Kodak Release to anyone Pripriority information to the Public yesI have trouble saying that word.

the info woil not be released ofwhat you're asking, it's no secret, to them its is.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 2:26 PM   #274

A Battery test is being ran. as I will run a 16mb card 2 hours 05 minutes of Hd1080P on a empty card a 8 mb card would get half, correct?

One said they gotten 1 hour 30 minutes of video recording, while I am in a good amount of days here. I have noticed, 50 minutes will be the average record time give or take afew, depending on the battery used, new, or many times charged.

I am running a 14oo mah timewill be stated in a hours time.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 3:23 PM   #275

52:55 sec

The battery life will be Under 1 hour of record time, and this is the best you'll get out of a NEW 1400 MAH battery while thekodak is supplied with a 950 mah.

Why I opted for 2 spares, and a zap recharge system.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 3:43 PM   #276

Fishy,
The ratings on most batteries you buy, which come from sources in China, despite what the labelling might say, are pretty poor. You are lucky to get half of the rating stamped on the case.

By contrast, the Kodak branded KLIC-7004 cells I bought for my V1073 all worked at rated capacity, much higher than any of the third-party cells.

I have a battery tester here (a big resistor and an oscilloscope with 10minutes/division), I test all my batteries before I rely on them
Trevmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 3:47 PM   #277

I hear ya. All I am saying is that no matter what. you're not geting longer batteyr life out of the Zi8 of the estimated time. HD or WVGA. just my 2 cents.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 3:48 PM   #278

Default battery life

Thanks for the info. Some have experienced that a new lithium ion battery (first charge cycle) actually gives less run time than one that has been used a couple of times at least. Try the test again after a while. It can make a big diffeence

I got over an hour, maybe 1 05 at 720, 30fps filming a concert (no on-off), with the battery that came with the unit, first charge.

I got a second battery too, and a portable usb backup charger that Kodak makes that uses two recharageable nimh regular batteries.
markr041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 4:05 PM   #279

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
WHy would Kodak Release to anyone Pripriority information to the Public yesI have trouble saying that word.

the info woil not be released ofwhat you're asking, it's no secret, to them its is.
Fishy, nothing I have asked for could be considered proprietary information, or trade secret as the specs are published for public review on the Kodak Store website, as well as many of the sites that reviewed the Zi8, the Extended User Manual, and on my Zi8 itself. Same is true of the published specs for the MT9M002 sensor by Aptina. I have simply asked for a clarification of of the conflicting information Kodak has published and what my Zi8 says. As I have pointed out the firmware changes may affect the performance of the sensor, but it cannot change the physical size of the sensor from 1/4.5 to 1/2.5! I'm not looking to know the process or procedure of the "alchemy" of this issue, just the reason for the difference.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 5:29 PM   #280

orginal Kodak
gets that average time., will rerun with a lower setting and All, face detect off, Eis Off screen lowest.
Imagine if Kodak did what Samsung had done, turning down the screen, after 3 minutes, and even after 2 minutes.